Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #1,381 of 18,891
Don't get me wrong, a TT2 is a big upgrade from Hugo 2 - but the M scaler is not an upgrade - it's transformational, in that you get that master tape feeling, or being in touch with the musical performance. And the emotional impact, and of course this is a very personal opinion, is huge

Very useful thanks Rob. I pre-ordered an M scaler today for my Hugo 2.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,383 of 18,891
Cool,

Probably not the best of places to sit and compare, noise and little time etc.

Thats something I have noticed with my new headphones, I can tell that oomph is missing in H2, tried with my hd800s, its good but lacks a pinch of punch, mojo lacked it big time, the difference between the two is really obvious. My other cans being much easier to drive didnt have that problem.

All these goodies, I wish they released them 6 months apart, because one is not enough, if I have to, I will get the scaler first and TT a few months after, but I would rather get both new toys at the same time.

Lots of calculations are happening and they all say, hugo 2, your getting your redundancy notice. Just emailed my man now, will see what kind of deal he can give me, probably none since its all new kit but It doesnt hurt to try.

Also, can anyone answer this. I see TT2 has xlr ports at the back, I presume they are mono since they are marked left and right, I dont know, but is there a xlr 4 pin connect on it for headphones or are the headphone ports all single ended ?

Musickid, never saw your post, I started typing a while ago then I put my ipad aside, came back and it was still on the last page, finished typing and posted and then saw you had also posted.
Hey mate you have made the right choice waiting and keeping your hugo 2,with what Rob watts has just said I've made the wrong decision and nintronics has sold all my gear now, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the hugo TT 2 but a transformation to the sound of analogue reel to reel it will not be, oh well never mind

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,384 of 18,891
Hey mate you have made the right choice waiting and keeping your hugo 2,with what Rob watts has just said I've made the wrong decision and nintronics has sold all my gear now, I'm sure I'll still enjoy the hugo TT 2 but a transformation to the sound of analogue reel to reel it will not be, oh well never mind
I feel sorry for you, but even so I think you will greatly enjoy the TT2 when it arrives.

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,386 of 18,891
I filmed this while I was at CamJam with a phone it was a great privilege to be there and meet with Rob. I hope you enjoy.

Edit Sorry you said TT2 ….!

No no mate don't be sorry, it just adds more salt into the wounds not getting the M scaler first, only joking thanks for the video I'll have a look at it now thank you really appreciate it.Just watched the video mate was superb, I got the Roy castle bit, Guinness book of records for the most taps lol

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,387 of 18,891
I feel sorry for you, but even so I think you will greatly enjoy the TT2 when it arrives.
I suppose it will have to do for now,I won't be able to tell between a piano or a trumpet because of transient response and timbre so I'll just listen to dance music until I get the M scaler

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #1,388 of 18,891
I suppose it will have to do for now,I won't be able to tell between a piano or a trumpet because of transient response and timbre so I'll just listen to dance music until I get the M scaler
You will be fine. You can tell the difference between a piano and a trumpet using a Mojo, so you will not be plumbing the depths with a TT2.

Jul 24, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,391 of 18,891
I'm gonna chill tonight, have a glass of wine watch the bats like you mate,then tap into a million thoughts

I'm planning on wine too, but haven't seen bats around our property in 4 or 5 years.

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #1,393 of 18,891
We have two, Mrs calls one of them Sid,dnt ask lol.Don't forget Friday,red moon, Mars below it, Jupiter south east and space station flying over all on the same night
Just checked the ISS tracker, and it flew overhead a few minutes ago. I did spot a bright dot moving through the dusk sky, but assumed it was a plane, but I now suspect it was the ISS.

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #1,394 of 18,891
We have two, Mrs calls one of them Sid,dnt ask lol.Don't forget Friday,red moon, Mars below it, Jupiter south east and space station flying over all on the same night

Our location got a good pass last Friday 66 degree elevation. Only 11 degree elevation for us.

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #1,395 of 18,891
Just checked the ISS tracker, and it flew overhead a few minutes ago. I did spot a bright dot moving through the dusk sky, but assumed it was a plane, but I now suspect it was the ISS.

CYGNUS flies along same path and can be just as bright. I am not sure if it was launched or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back