1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Next

Last
  1. Amberlamps

Hi Rob, of course I don’t want you shot, well, unless its a photoshoot for a Chord 2019 calendar, each month, you showing off all your Chord Kit < I would buy it.

I thought the photo was taken by someone ( non Chord related ) at CanJam London.

If it had been, they deserve to be shot with a nerf foam gun or a supersoaker, for partially seeing the ghetto wire hookup and not taking a proper photo of it.

Since it was you who took the photo, I will go phone my guy and cancel the contract.

However, I do have a serious question.

I can only afford one at a time and I want the one which will give me the biggest difference sound wise out of these two, Hugo TT2 and MScaler.

I already have a Hugo 2, will the addition of an MScaler give me the largest difference audio wise or, would I be better off buying hugo TT2 first ?

Thanks for taking the time to post a proper photo of your ghetto cable setup, its much appreaciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2018
    paul2qute likes this.
  2. dawktah2
    Right now for me it isn't. I hear an audible noise when my HVAC kicks on. I am finally going to get to call PSAudio Wednesday. My hope is that this is an issue with tubes that I will not have with the TT 2.

Dectect is plugged into a UPS. Qutest, Synology NAS and Elekit are plugged into Dectect each in separate zones.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  3. JaZZ Contributor
    Wouldn't a configuration like this...

[​IMG]

...work, integrated into one chassis?

onsionsi and paul2qute like this.
  4. dawktah2
    What airline is this seat on?

5. JaZZ Contributor
    Irrelevant in this context. :rolling_eyes:

6. jarnopp
    I think Rob’s flying is like his listening -in a class most of us don’t get to.

Deftone and AndrewOld like this.
  7. paul2qute
    Hey looks well smart that, wonders if I should of kept my hugo 2 now and just bought the m scaler, I need to stay calm deep breaths breathe

8. paul2qute
    Singapore airlines mate and first class, Rob said thanks for buying all them Hugo's much appreciated.
    I have to go by boat as I can't afford anything else as I'm constantly playing catch up to buy all these Chord products

AndrewOld likes this.
  9. miketlse
    Difficult situation for you, especially with those implants to pay for as well. :slight_smile::wine_glass:
    Seriously though, what seemed certainties, now need further thought. Do I buy the TT2, the MScaler, 2Go, an electric bike, or what?

10. musickid
    How did you know it was Singapore Airlines?:airplane:

Many thanks to Rob for clarifying my queries.

11. miketlse
    The jedi know everything!

12. ZappaMan
    Would your dealer not let you switch?

13. paul2qute
    Forget the electric bike mate

AndrewH13 likes this.
  14. paul2qute
    Oh yes he would but he would also want the money back for the hugo 2 which will cause me issues money wise, at least this way I've only got 500 quid to pay for the hugo TT 2,think in the long run I'm doing the right thing but don't know

15. AndrewH13
    In the morning, I listened to the TT2. First one had to be replaced as not quite ready for prolonged listening. A weightier bassier sound compared to my H2, unfortunately couldn’t connect my DAP as Chord didn’t have a USB to Phono or 3.5 converter. I think it would be good in a hifi context, similar to when I reviewed TT on the Chord tour but for iem’s and headphones I quite like the airier H2 without added warmth. Bass oomph is good though.

In the afternoon I listened to m-scaler and there was an increased naturalness. Very nice. I would not have a problem choosing between the two products.

First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Next

Last