Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 9, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #8,116 of 18,886
Has anyone successfully powered the TT2 with a Poweradd Pilot Pro 2? Just wondering if it works.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #8,117 of 18,886
Has anyone successfully powered the TT2 with a Poweradd Pilot Pro 2? Just wondering if it works.

Yup and I prefer it to the stock supply.

Dec 13, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #8,118 of 18,886
Has anyone tried powering the TT2 with an inner feeling...one of santa claus and happy little men all over the world?:rolling_eyes: Ho mambo.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #8,119 of 18,886
Has anyone tried powering the TT2 with an inner feeling...one of santa claus and happy little men all over the world?:rolling_eyes: Ho mambo.
What exactly were you smoking last nite...?? :wink:

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #8,120 of 18,886
What exactly were you smoking last nite...?? :wink:

After reading his post, I'm positive he was smoking crack, as when I smoke it, I also start posting Ho Mambo on the internet.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #8,121 of 18,886
After reading his post, I'm positive he was smoking crack, as when I smoke it, I also start posting Ho Mambo on the internet.
I thought I could smell something

Dec 13, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #8,122 of 18,886
i got the hugo ttv2 yesterday brand new , well i do not know if this needs burn in, as I find it a bit too detailed for my taste, with less body than I am used to, and when listening at bit high volume is not that pleasant, I liked the ifi idsd pro with ifi ican pro combo more. I hope this changes with burn in, I am using hugo ttv2 with hifiman 1000 SE and hifiman HE1000 V1.

I tried the warm filter and the difference it made was not noticeable, and of course buying the M Scaler is not something I will consider

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #8,123 of 18,886
i got the hugo ttv2 yesterday brand new , well i do not know if this needs burn in, as I find it a bit too detailed for my taste, with less body than I am used to, and when listening at bit high volume is not that pleasant, I liked the ifi idsd pro with ifi ican pro combo more. I hope this changes with burn in, I am using hugo ttv2 with hifiman 1000 SE and hifiman HE1000 V1.

I tried the warm filter and the difference it made was not noticeable, and of course buying the M Scaler is not something I will consider

Brain burn in. I don’t think the unit itself will objectively change much.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #8,124 of 18,886

Try Hugo TT 1 then. It should fits your taste... or buy M Scaler, yes I know it's not cheap, but you will not regret it :)
And as for burn in, I didn't realize any with chord products. I mean hardware burn in.
There is still brain burn in. And as I noticed with many chord products it's very important part of them. Not so much with other brands.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #8,125 of 18,886
Try Hugo TT 1 then. It should fits your taste... or buy M Scaler, yes I know it's not cheap, but you will not regret it :)
And as for burn in, I didn't realize any with chord products. I mean hardware burn in.
There is still brain burn in. And as I noticed with many chord products it's very important part of them. Not so much with other brands.
i will see how i feel bout it anyway mine is up for sale now, the highs are too much for me with my headphones

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #8,126 of 18,886

Give it a little time . I have the same reaction to it at first . Remember it’s not an easy listening dac . It’s a detail retrieving monster with no measurable distortion . It will come in to its own . You just have to adjust from what you are used to hearing vs. all the information you are now hearing for the first time . It’s a bit over the top at first but once you get addicted to the open top and fleshed out body as well as hearing micro details in all the recordings you thought you knew well you will have a friend for life. Not knowing what to make of the sound at first is a common reaction . Kind of like that song that you didn’t like at first but now can’t live without . I remember songs I liked to listen to on my violectric v281 rig were not the same songs I liked to listen to on the Hugo . I had to adjust the type of music I listened to .
It’s not a polite dac. If you feed it crap it will reproduce crap . Also source matters in this case. It will grow on you . Give it time .

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #8,128 of 18,886
It's not brain burn in. Analog output stages and electronics settle down after about 50 to 80 hours play. Tt2 certainly much better than tt.
Better in audio is always personal :) Technically you are correct. But as end user some people may have different opinion. Everybody is different, has different taste ears expectations to his ideal sound etc.
As we see on @Sound Eq example. He doesn't like tt2.

Dec 13, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #8,129 of 18,886
Give it a little time . I have the same reaction to it at first . Remember it’s not an easy listening dac . It’s a detail retrieving monster with no measurable distortion . It will come in to its own . You just have to adjust from what you are used to hearing vs. all the information you are now hearing for the first time . It’s a bit over the top at first but once you get addicted to the open top and fleshed out body as well as hearing micro details in all the recordings you thought you knew well you will have a friend for life. Not knowing what to make of the sound at first is a common reaction . Kind of like that song that you didn’t like at first but now can’t live without . I remember songs I liked to listen to on my violectric v281 rig were not the same songs I liked to listen to on the Hugo . I had to adjust the type of music I listened to .
It’s not a polite dac. If you feed it crap it will reproduce crap . Also source matters in this case. It will grow on you . Give it time .

i will try, is there anything that can add a bit warmth to the sound, i think tt2 will work amazing with audeze headphones that are dark but not that well with hifiman, and for me audeze headphones are a no no as they are too heavy. would buying the phasure lush usb help a bit

with ifi idsd pro and ifi ican pro when I used to listen to leonardo cohen "you want it darker "it was an absolute bliss, that big organic lush sound that no matter how much i increase volume it is a joy, with tt2 i am not getting the same and i have to try to listen at lower volumes

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #8,130 of 18,886
Better in audio is always personal :) Technically you are correct. But as end user some people may have different opinion. Everybody is different, has different taste ears expectations to his ideal sound etc.
As we see on @Sound Eq example. He doesn't like tt2.
i think its all bout synergy, the tt2 definately i can see its a great dac but more so with audeze headphones or meze empyrean I guess, for me hifiman headphones need a bit of lushness and warmth that i used to get form my ifi idsd pro and ifi ican pro combo

i am sure i would have adored tt2 more with audeze headphones but i can not go back to those heavy headphones again

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back