Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 7, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #7,216 of 18,851
This is worth a mention regarding draining away noise. I like how the user reviewer said it made his system more dynamic and weighty and real sounding.

Connects with one of there spade to rca/xlr cables to lets say one unused socket from streamer/dac to wooden box. The wonders of hifi.

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/entreq-minimus-ground-box#reviews

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #7,219 of 18,851
Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #7,221 of 18,851
The TT2 + M-Scaler + Ttoby are reviewed together in the current November 2019 issue of HiFi Choice. It makes great reading. (I personally can't help thinking the Ttoby is overlooked.)

The speakers used were B&W 805 D3.

(Reviewed by Ed Selley.)
How would you feed Toby from tt2?

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #7,223 of 18,851
How would you feed Toby from tt2?

As Nickstar said, xlr or rca, I would use the xlr outputs though.

If only ttoby wasn't as expensive as it is, I might of had the trifecta of hugo 2 products, althougth admittedly, ttoby is hugo tt vintage.

But then I would just need to buy new or steal downstairs living rooms speakers.

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #7,224 of 18,851
The TT2 + M-Scaler + Ttoby are reviewed together in the current November 2019 issue of HiFi Choice. It makes great reading. (I personally can't help thinking the Ttoby is overlooked.)

The speakers used were B&W 805 D3.

(Reviewed by Ed Selley.)

Somebody got a copy of that review to post on the forums, if it's a magazine review, it will save us from having to buy it.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #7,225 of 18,851
I have come across an idea for desktop of stacking music file storage. It seems than these days, some DAM/FM tuners are being fitted with USB ports and SD-cards sockets. The USB ports can run a USB stick full of files, which probably also means external hard drives. SD-cards too.

The units seem to be fitted with optical and coaxial outputs so Chord DAC straight off the bat.

I suppose it would be about finding one from a reliable brand. I found a cheap on Amazon for about £200. Hama Digital HiFi Tuner DIT2100MSBT Internet Radio DAB+/ FM/App Also another model at Richer sounds, but that one upscaled all music to 192KHz, so no good.

I guess it means find the specs like:

high enough file sampling rate playability
no upsampling
optical and coaxial out
a good brand
and whatever else

Looks like a good plan for me, because I resent my whole PC running just for file source. (Wish Chord had put two USB inputs on the TT2, like the TT1. Then I could have used DAP or phone for TT2 on second USB. Anyway, whatever.)

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #7,226 of 18,851
I also came across a really good deal for just £3000 if anyone's in the market for one. introducing the best ground box Entreq ever made. i mean it doesn't even plug in the wall? it's all about the hidden crystals and minerals. it's all the rave apparently.

Entreq-Olympus-004-450x500.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #7,227 of 18,851
I have come across an idea for desktop of stacking music file storage. It seems than these days, some DAM/FM tuners are being fitted with USB ports and SD-cards sockets. The USB ports can run a USB stick full of files, which probably also means external hard drives. SD-cards too.

The units seem to be fitted with optical and coaxial outputs so Chord DAC straight off the bat.

I suppose it would be about finding one from a reliable brand. I found a cheap on Amazon for about £200. Hama Digital HiFi Tuner DIT2100MSBT Internet Radio DAB+/ FM/App Also another model at Richer sounds, but that one upscaled all music to 192KHz, so no good.

I guess it means find the specs like:

high enough file sampling rate playability
no upsampling
optical and coaxial out
a good brand
and whatever else

Looks like a good plan for me, because I resent my whole PC running just for file source. (Wish Chord had put two USB inputs on the TT2, like the TT1. Then I could have used DAP or phone for TT2 on second USB. Anyway, whatever.)

A dab fm tuner may have a usb port, which will probably support flash drives, but you need a 5v usb port to run a usb hard drive. If it's a low powered usb port, plugging a hard drive into that could cause problems to the device, hard drive or data.

i would think it would just be data corruption that would happen, but who knows?

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #7,228 of 18,851
I also came across a really good deal for just £3000 if anyone's in the market for one. introducing the best ground box Entreq ever made. i mean it doesn't even plug in the wall? it's all about the hidden crystals and minerals. it's all the rave apparently.

Entreq-Olympus-004-450x500.jpg

Lol, I was looking at that earlier, I did think it was just a wooden box and thought w.t.f, but a quick glance it said something about ports and a lead. If there is nothing electrical inside, then audiophiles only have themselves to blame for unscrupulous companies charging the earth for a piece of wood.

As it's audiophiles that spur those kind of companies on to build such a thing, if they ( meaning audiophiles ) only applied common sense globally, the trend for ridiculously priced pieces of utter schiit could come to an end.

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #7,230 of 18,851
it upsets me as casual onlookers will group all audio as being crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back