1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481
483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492
Next

Last
  1. bluenight
    This is worth a mention regarding draining away noise. I like how the user reviewer said it made his system more dynamic and weighty and real sounding.

Connects with one of there spade to rca/xlr cables to lets say one unused socket from streamer/dac to wooden box. The wonders of hifi.

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/entreq-minimus-ground-box#reviews

2. Chester Rockwell
    Do you have a link for this device, sounds interesting.

3. Christer
    Do they still have that page three girlie?

4. GreenBow
    Just google it.

If I can find the link I will add it, but they are made by more than one manufacturer. I can't remember if I saved the link though.

Don't know.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  5. GreenBow
    The TT2 + M-Scaler + Ttoby are reviewed together in the current November 2019 issue of HiFi Choice. It makes great reading. (I personally can't help thinking the Ttoby is overlooked.)

The speakers used were B&W 805 D3.

(Reviewed by Ed Selley.)

CRITICALSHOT, THGM and JamieMcC like this.
  6. ZappaMan
    How would you feed Toby from tt2?

7. Triode User
    RCA or XLR cables.

Amberlamps likes this.
  8. Amberlamps
    As Nickstar said, xlr or rca, I would use the xlr outputs though.

If only ttoby wasn't as expensive as it is, I might of had the trifecta of hugo 2 products, althougth admittedly, ttoby is hugo tt vintage.

But then I would just need to buy new or steal downstairs living rooms speakers.

9. Amberlamps
    Somebody got a copy of that review to post on the forums, if it's a magazine review, it will save us from having to buy it.

10. GreenBow
    I have come across an idea for desktop of stacking music file storage. It seems than these days, some DAM/FM tuners are being fitted with USB ports and SD-cards sockets. The USB ports can run a USB stick full of files, which probably also means external hard drives. SD-cards too.

The units seem to be fitted with optical and coaxial outputs so Chord DAC straight off the bat.

I suppose it would be about finding one from a reliable brand. I found a cheap on Amazon for about £200. Hama Digital HiFi Tuner DIT2100MSBT Internet Radio DAB+/ FM/App Also another model at Richer sounds, but that one upscaled all music to 192KHz, so no good.

I guess it means find the specs like:

high enough file sampling rate playability
    no upsampling
    optical and coaxial out
    a good brand
    and whatever else

Looks like a good plan for me, because I resent my whole PC running just for file source. (Wish Chord had put two USB inputs on the TT2, like the TT1. Then I could have used DAP or phone for TT2 on second USB. Anyway, whatever.)

11. musickid
    I also came across a really good deal for just £3000 if anyone's in the market for one. introducing the best ground box Entreq ever made. i mean it doesn't even plug in the wall? it's all about the hidden crystals and minerals. it's all the rave apparently.

[​IMG]

12. Amberlamps
    A dab fm tuner may have a usb port, which will probably support flash drives, but you need a 5v usb port to run a usb hard drive. If it's a low powered usb port, plugging a hard drive into that could cause problems to the device, hard drive or data.

i would think it would just be data corruption that would happen, but who knows?

13. Amberlamps
    Lol, I was looking at that earlier, I did think it was just a wooden box and thought w.t.f, but a quick glance it said something about ports and a lead. If there is nothing electrical inside, then audiophiles only have themselves to blame for unscrupulous companies charging the earth for a piece of wood.

As it's audiophiles that spur those kind of companies on to build such a thing, if they ( meaning audiophiles ) only applied common sense globally, the trend for ridiculously priced pieces of utter schiit could come to an end.

14. Amberlamps
    From his mothers T T's.

ZappaMan likes this.
  15. musickid
    it upsets me as casual onlookers will group all audio as being crap.

dawktah2 likes this.
First

Back
472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481
483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492
Next

Last