Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Sep 5, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #6,736 of 18,886
Yes, a “hardware” click from the unit itself, not the signal and a constant volume level, regardless of output level or of music is even playing at all. I can’t recall if I have, but some have said it happens on standby mode as well. It’s infrequent, but still. Just wondering.
Mine does it when it's not even being used or turned on. It will be on standby and it will go click click for no reason, happens all the time and I have no idea whats causing it. It still works perfectly so I'm not that bothered about it, but it would be good to know what it is. I know Mike said something about relays, but I would of thought that would only happen when it is turned on and being used ?

Same here. I thought it might be the MScaler though. Are you both certain it's the TT2? I actually cannot tell since I have them stacked.

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #6,737 of 18,886
With BT 5 and aptx and ldac support.

That schit right there would be cool, but Chord are about real music and BT and the others don't really cut it, hence poly being a wifi device.

Sometimes I can't be fckd with mojo and poly, sometimes I just want to grab my old sony ericsson MW600, it's so simple and is thinner and smaller than my pinky and it has an oled screen. For the size of it and for what it is, it's perfect if you are in a hurry and are not caring about uber sound quality.

This is why I want the new iBasso DC01, a usb C 384khz and dsd 256 capable balanced dac. There is also a DC02 unbalanced version, for $51

This will be perfect to use my balanced iem cables with :)

They are selling out as fast as iBasso can make them, the first lot sold out in days and a back order for another 20'000 has already sold out with pre orders. Getting one is gunna be hard :frowning2:

Got both of them.

Sep 5, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #6,738 of 18,886
Why below H2? I hope both better than H2, and if not with an MScaler already onboard, the least I would expect would be for it to be compatible with HMS.
That and only that would raise my interest in whatever new toy they have coming.
TT2 has clearly shown that they can do better!
And not employing the tech they already have ready in ANY new product would not be very smart,imho!
I expect an M Scaler compatible DAP that on its own has at least the same number of taps TT2 has and at least twice the amping-power of H2.
I hope the time for truly portable highend SQ is ripe!
Cheers CC

Lol, you're not asking for much, your new dap come mojo hms will be on the shelves by next friday.

For only a measly £76'999

Sep 5, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #6,739 of 18,886
Same here. I thought it might be the MScaler though. Are you both certain it's the TT2? I actually cannot tell since I have them stacked.

Yup, TT2 for me, I had them stacked and then seperated during the summer and it's TT2, although when it first started happening I thought it was my modem, then my router as it's the same clicking noise that they make.

I doubt very much that it's anything to be concerned about.

Sep 5, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #6,740 of 18,886
Yup, TT2 for me, I had them stacked and then seperated during the summer and it's TT2, although when it first started happening I thought it was my modem, then my router as it's the same clicking noise that they make.

I doubt very much that it's anything to be concerned about.

Thanks. It may actually be the super capacitors getting warm and then cooling down or something like that.

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #6,742 of 18,886
Hmm, I have HMS and TT2 sat next to each other and I spend maybe eleven hours a day in the same room with them, seven days a week. I don’t hear any clicks.

Mine didn't do it when new, it just seems to of started in the last few months.

It's probably something trivial that is not worth the bandwidth/disk space that these last few posts have taken up.

When the magic blue smoke starts escaping from it's case, thats when to start worrying, as once the magic blue smoke gets out, it will never go back in.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #6,744 of 18,886

I don’t have MScaler (yet, says wallet). It is infrequent, but having an explanation would alleviate the OCD around defective/not defective. As Amber said, I can live with it, but if there is a chance there’s an issue and it could get worse or lead to something else, would be good to know.

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #6,745 of 18,886
I don’t have MScaler (yet, says wallet). It is infrequent, but having an explanation would alleviate the OCD around defective/not defective. As Amber said, I can live with it, but if there is a chance there’s an issue and it could get worse or lead to something else, would be good to know.
Does the display say anything when it happens?
The only time i had clicking was when mine overheated when accidentally playing into a shorted input . It displayed "OT L" when that happened.

Sep 6, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #6,746 of 18,886
I see a number of new dac using FPGA or other dedicated chips for converting pcm to dsd256 and then converting to analog. Few examples are PS audio dac , esoteric dx1 and marantz sa10. Is there any specific advantage of this approach ? O found esoteric dac to sound softer as compared to even Hugo TT. Rob may please input .

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #6,747 of 18,886
Lol, you're not asking for much, your new dap come mojo hms will be on the shelves by next friday.

For only a measly £76'999

Oh yes I know!

But my humility stopped me from asking for more.

But I did actually forget to mention that I want it with supercaps as well! And a battery time of at least twelve hours playing time and say 4tb internal "storage room". And SSD card slots if I want to add more music.
And it should not be bigger or heavier than either TT2 or HMS, but deliver at least the same SQ as those two,in ONE truly highend, portable package.
Sony has already got a quite bulky DAP option that costs "only" around 12k USD new.
It's actually not bad SQ wise.
But I expect Rob to do much better than SONY with a smaller and lighter, fully mscaled DAP in the 4-5k USD price range.
Maybe not NEXT week ,but hopefully before my hearing becomes the real limiting factor and not as now my equipment.
Cheers humble Chris

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #6,748 of 18,886
Does the display say anything when it happens?
The only time i had clicking was when mine overheated when accidentally playing into a shorted input . It displayed "OT L" when that happened.

No overheating or errors. But I will try to look to see if the click also triggers the “wake” on the display with the read outs cycling through again. Good suggestion.

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #6,749 of 18,886
No overheating or errors. But I will try to look to see if the click also triggers the “wake” on the display with the read outs cycling through again. Good suggestion.
I haven't heard any clicks on mine apart from switching on and off. I only use headphones. Perhaps it is worth to investigate if the additional clicks happen with speakers?

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #6,750 of 18,886
Mine clicks as it switches from hp to amp mode or if switch from high to low gain, is this normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back