1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, May 10, 2018.
First

Back
299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308
310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319
Next

Last
  1. Foxman50
    @rob, this was in no way meant negatively towards Chord or yourself. Ive owned Hugo and own TT, Dave and HMS. They have all been outstanding products at their respective price points.
    My point is, and maybe compromised was not the best choice of words, you can build something better with 4 sticks than you can with 2. As you say your bill of materials gives you greater scope on Dave than Qutest, that doesn’t mean and i did not intend it to mean you do not do the best you can with 2 sticks.
    It would be a travesty if you/chord only made Dave and nothing at any other price point, and wouldn’t be good business to do so. As i said you buy what you can afford and to able to buy one of your DACs at various price points is fantastic for us music enthusiasts. Cheers

Rob Watts likes this.
  2. Rob Watts
    Qutest, in common with all my designs, is completely protected against voltage surges, with multiple regulation, filtering and overvoltage protection.

Don't get hung up on the number of elements, it's way, way more complex than that; a 10 element pulse array DAC will have billions of times more small signal resolution and accuracy than a 100 element design using DSD, conventional delta-sigma or R2R. DAC design is hugely complex, with a myriad of small things having an influence. Anyway, Davina is my reserve project, so often finds itself on the back burner; if I had concentrated on Davina, it would be ready today - but there would be no Hugo TT2 nor the Hugo M scaler; also I could easily bang out a pulse array ADC, but it has to be - not the best possible per se - but has to have no identifiable flaws, and that ain't easy. So sorry I can't give a date.

And yes I agree about DSD - no hard edge but unnaturally soft and ill defined. It's rather easy to add softness, very hard to do real transparency with refinement.

Glad to hear you getting more musical enjoyment after getting the M scaler - all being said, that's the only important thing, and it's what drives me onwards.

IIR means infinite impulse response; it is the equivalent of an analogue filter, as it can't see into the future, but like analogue filters will take an infinite time to decay to zero (ignoring quantization here) as the output is fed back into the filters input via a feedback path. FIR filters, because it delays the data, can see into the future (the future being half the data delay for a symmetric filter); FIR are finite response because it only works on the delayed data; FIR filters have taps, because you are tapping into the delayed data; to accurately reconstruct sampled audio you must use an FIR filter; but to do EQ you should/must use IIR, as you are compensating for things (the recording and transducers) that can't see the future.

PS it will be a pleasure to see you again in Singapore... You have been much less controversial after we met last year!

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
  3. mlxx
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Christer likes this.
  4. dawktah2
    I'm not sure if this is an issue but ability to upload opens door to download. I don't think Chord wants people being able to download their software. Anyone confirm?

5. musickid
    Apart from poly streamer for mojo there is no firmware for any chord dacs if that is what you mean. Why this is i can't quite remember but it has been a point for debate. The product is so good it does not need firmware maybe and design considerations/intellectual property and so on?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  6. CRITICALSHOT
    I'm getting the TT2 on Friday and I'm going to use the sample rate conversion on Roon. I'm going to tell myself that the sample rate conversion sounds just as good or better than the MS.

7. Whazzzup
    Do you have a server?

Amberlamps and ZappaMan like this.
  8. CRITICALSHOT
    No, I will be using my MacBook Pro and my Oppo 203 for the time being.

9. tabloid
    I have the same problem with Audeze LCD 4 and TT2 when the volume went up over +12 in high gain.
    Anyone else have the same problem?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  10. marhol
    Hi,
    does anyone use TT2 with HE1000 v2 (or HE1k series) ? I´ve seen very few or almost none impressions on head fi regarding TT2 and HEK pairing. Or could anybody comment on TT2 vs DAVE in terms of synergy with HEK (v1, v2 or SE). Thanks

11. ra990

12. jlbrach
    + 12? Are you deaf or do you plan on going deaf?

x RELIC x likes this.
  13. ra990
    Yea that doesn't seem right. Maybe try driving them out of the balanced xlr outs for a big power boost.

14. dawktah2
    20190221202916_IMG_0752.JPG Finally! Not its final location just hooked up to phone and started listening, impressions after a few hours of listening

andrewd01, jarnopp, ZappaMan and 4 others like this.
First

Back
299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308
310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319
Next

Last