Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 24, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #437 of 18,886
Would you be bothered by purchasing a sports car and not taking it to the race track to utilize it’s full speed capabilities on a straight away? Believe me, a sports car can still be extremely enjoyable when not red-lining the RPM to just go fast. Handling, acceleration, ergonomics, etc..

The available max power simply won’t be utilized by the PM-1, but it will be nice to have if you do purchase ridiculously hard to drive headphones in the future, or efficient near field speakers. I wouldn’t be so hung up on the max power potential but rather I would focus on the aspects that would be used... CLEAN instant power, advanced noise shapers, more TAPs, etc.. Not to be rude but you’d do well to get over the max power aspect.

For what it’s worth, I own the DAVE and a 9W amp that’s well regarded. I’m considering selling them both for a TT2, and a future M scaler.
Hi relic I didn't know you had the Dave mate, I should of looked what kit you have put down on your profile, I'll send my hugo TT 2 to you when I get it and you can send me the Dave if you don't mind, is it in black? I hope no scratches? ?

May 24, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #441 of 18,886
Rob said to go to the hi-fi show as you wanna be there so thought it would be a product launch
TT₂ probably. But one can always hope (that there will be the M-Scaler presentation, too).

May 24, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #444 of 18,886
May 24, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #446 of 18,886
How about Audio Technica ADX5000? To my ears, they are really speaker like sounding.
hi mate, I've been reading a couple of reviews on the Adx5000,amazing reviews mate, is the bass powerful and deep mate, scale ?It's a 420 ohm so it needs a powerful amp to drive it, hugo TT 2 bring it on!!!!Also for another two hundred quid I can get the balanced cable that will plug straight into the back of my hugo TT 2,one review said they were more detailed and open than the focal utopia

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #447 of 18,886
hi mate, I've been reading a couple of reviews on the Adx5000,amazing reviews mate, is the bass powerful and deep mate, scale ?
Yes, the bass is strong enough for my ears. But the quantity is not as much as Cascade or other strong bass HPs. And it's better to be paired with AC powered HP amplifiers to get the most out of ADX5000. DAPs do not have enough juice to drive with authority. Hugo 2 is an exception, though.

May 24, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #448 of 18,886
I understand where i was hung up. Instrument separation was better testing with aeon's which are easy to drive too. This is not necessarily down to just OP power but many different design features in TT2's new design. Very subtle point but the comparison with aeon's with TT2 clears this up for me.

May 24, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #449 of 18,886
Yes, the bass is strong enough for my ears. But the quantity is not as much as Cascade or other strong bass HPs. And it's better to be paired with AC powered HP amplifiers to get the most out of ADX5000. DAPs do not have enough juice to drive with authority. Hugo 2 is an exception, though.
Mate I'm buzzing over the reviews, thank you for suggesting it to me.I bought a HUAWEI mobile phone because I wanted to be different than owning a Samsung and maybe it's the same with the audio technica
ATH-ADX5000

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #450 of 18,886

Users who are viewing this thread

Back