Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Oct 22, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2,101 of 18,851
Is there a release date or any further info on the 2Go?

Just found this:

https://www.headphone-earphone.reviews/2018/01/12/chord-2go-hugo-2/

No screen or navigation buttons so guessing would be controlled through an app?
Those are some of the photos of pre-production prototypes, which Chord released during CES 2018, so the hardware is probably reasonably mature by now.
The 2Go will basically use the Poly app, which has been enhanced to include extra functionality (the prototypes included a network socket, so presumably that requires some of the software enhancements).
On the Poly thread, there seems to be a consensus between both Chord and Poly owners, that it would be unwise to start shipping the 2Go, before the app(s) are ready.
That probably summarises everything that has been revealed by Chord this year.
Overall there seem to be many Hugo2 owners (myself included), who are looking forward to the release of 2Go, but everyone is happy/ok to wait until the apps are 100% ready.
Only @Mojoideas knows about the release date, and he has been tight lipped all year.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #2,102 of 18,851
Those are some of the photos of pre-production prototypes, which Chord released during CES 2018, so the hardware is probably reasonably mature by now.
The 2Go will basically use the Poly app, which has been enhanced to include extra functionality (the prototypes included a network socket, so presumably that requires some of the software enhancements).
On the Poly thread, there seems to be a consensus between both Chord and Poly owners, that it would be unwise to start shipping the 2Go, before the app(s) are ready.
That probably summarises everything that has been revealed by Chord this year.
Overall there seem to be many Hugo2 owners (myself included), who are looking forward to the release of 2Go, but everyone is happy/ok to wait until the apps are 100% ready.
Only @Mojoideas knows about the release date, and he has been tight lipped all year.
I read some reviews of the Poly that praised the sound but slammed the usability. Apps are a good idea and all very well, but you can't beat a screen and some buttons on the device itself. I might be old school but, for something that will likely cost around £1000, a good user interface sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #2,105 of 18,851
Rob your dacs are racing ahead at lightning speed with improved hi-fi quality but I'm wondering are the studios doing the same?

We do have studios using Dave now. But really they need Davina, and that's still a long way off. And yes, I am starting to sound like Game of Thrones author J R R Martin with the delays on his next books!

Oct 23, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,106 of 18,851
We do have studios using Dave now. But really they need Davina, and that's still a long way off. And yes, I am starting to sound like Game of Thrones author J R R Martin with the delays on his next books!
Lol yes he normally at least a year behind, what a bloke though, lives in the same house, bought a house across the road as his office, not materialistic at all,not into fancy cars and stuff and he worth over 80 million dollars . I never knew studios use Dave how amazing is that

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,107 of 18,851
I've had my Union contact me and I'm taking Unilever to a tribunal,I've spoke to Acas so they gonna negotiate some kind of deal so it doesn't go to court, even if it's a couple of grand I'll take it, get my hugo TT 2,if it's more M scaler and Ether 2 but I think it's wishful thinking lol.Oh and nearly forgot, pay to get married to my fiancee,we only want a registry office, no fuss

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #2,109 of 18,851
I am getting my Mega Millions lotto ticket tonight, fingers crossed! If and when I win, Hugo TT 2, possibly a Dave but don't want to go crazy with it you know.
Mate if you win millions I wouldn't expect anything less than a pair of focal Grande utopia s in your lounge,Dave's with different headphones in each room including the toilet. I would just build my house around my Hifi

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #2,111 of 18,851
1.6 BILLION

I am getting my Mega Millions lotto ticket tonight, fingers crossed! If and when I win, Hugo TT 2, possibly a Dave but don't want to go crazy with it you know.

1.6 BILLION, I'm going to buy another why not...

Oct 23, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2,113 of 18,851
Most ppl who have pre ordered are still waiting to get it mate,think that's why it's dead in here plus I think Rob Watts has done a fantastic job of answering everyone's questions so it's just a matter of waiting. I'm not waiting for reviews, I know 150% as Simon Cowell would say 150% really? that I'm gonna be totally blown away with the Hugo TT 2.Not had my Hugo 2 since April I think

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #2,114 of 18,851
@Rob Watts

Hi Rob, owner of a TT 2 for the past week and a half and it has been thoroughly enjoyable so far. When listening, instruments sound very real - the attack / transients are incredible; extremely resolving, pristine clean with a background as black as the void, musical with incredible bass reproduction out of the head amp output (only nitpick is the lack of a female 4-pin XLR for convenience - want to use my custom XLR HP cable). Listening via Focal Clear, Sony MDR Z1R and HD650's. I can honestly say the TT2 is punching above its price point.

I'd like to ask a question about the TT 2's D/A stage; looking beyond the FPGA / digital filtering stage, before the output amplification stage. How does the TT2 actually convert the FPGA digital output into an analogue signal? Can you please give an overview? I understand you are using a discreet output stage of your own design but what is the fundamental architecture of it? Is it a delta-sigma D/A? R2R Ladder (doubt it)?

Here's the exam question: If delta-sigma, what makes it better than the cheap D/A delta-sigma chip in my phone of which are worth pennies?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back