Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Apr 6, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #6,436 of 18,285
Do the misodiko's/dekoni's affect soundstage negatively or positively on the hd800s? ie do they deviate from the stock SQ much?

Is your welcomed presence here UE indicating an imminent mscaler purchase?

The misodiko’s are basically the same as the stock pads, same size and thickness, but just lamb skin, so it’s on par with the stock pads.

SQ with the dekoni’s, I like it now, it’s not as wide of a sound stage as the stock pads, it does remove some of the huge sound stage but, you get a slightly deeper sound, which I like. The stage is still very big.

The Misodiko’s are comfy as the stock pads, but not as comfy as the dekoni’s. As for SQ, they are more or less identical to the stock fabric pads I think, I have only had them on for about an hour or so, but thats about it. It’s basically just a leather pair of stock hd800s pads.

The dekoni’s, they make the headphones stick to you like glue since they are chunky, it helps with the clamping force of the headphones, and they are super comfy at the same time.

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #6,437 of 18,285
I tried the hd800s but the ear pads just caused me friction for some strange reason. Everyone saying how comfortable they are but i have to be different. The stage was awesome though.

Apr 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #6,438 of 18,285
I tried the hd800s but the ear pads just caused me friction for some strange reason. Everyone saying how comfortable they are but i have to be different. The stage was awesome though.
I’m thinking it’s because you have ears like a ferengi.

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #6,439 of 18,285
Takes one to know one....ho ho ho.

08b87a3c078a764389abb95b2ba88365--trekking-star-trek.jpg

Apr 6, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #6,440 of 18,285

I don’t like the stock covers, how anyone could like fabric headphone pads is beyond me, as all they do is gunk up.

Leather all the way, id even choose pleather pads over fabric.

Pads are like iem cables to me, got loads of them in a box thing, it’s not a box thing, it’s like a rectangle.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #6,441 of 18,285

Yes, I didn't like the fit of the HD800s when I got them, but I don't return stuff usually, so I kept them, the stock pads are dodgy, they get minging pretty quickly with sweat and skin. To clean them you have to wash them, to clean leather ones, a wipe with warm water and then some leather care and, bob's not just your uncle, he is also your dad and sister.

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #6,443 of 18,285
afaik the previous auralic aries has 4 filter settings and not sure if it could be switched off. I tried but couldn’t find off setting...

The question I have about this brand is : does it deliver bit perfect data to a chord Dac ?

Apr 7, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #6,444 of 18,285
afaik the previous auralic aries has 4 filter settings and not sure if it could be switched off. I tried but couldn’t find off setting...

The question I have about this brand is : does it deliver bit perfect data to a chord Dac ?

I have an Auralic Aries and it works well with with all the Chord DACs I have tried. However it does not have a DAC section and so does not have any filters. It just outputs digital (I'm not a fan the description bitperfect as it implies there is such as thing as imperfect bits in which case the signal would simply fail or produce clicks with the DAC). If you mean does it deliver a non upsampled digital signal then the answer is yes.

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #6,445 of 18,285
Do the misodiko's/dekoni's affect soundstage negatively or positively on the hd800s? ie do they deviate from the stock SQ much?

Is your welcomed presence here UE indicating an imminent mscaler purchase?
'Fraid naught just yet. I lust for one, but only about $6K Canadian short. Just like hangin out with my Chord friends.

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #6,446 of 18,285
A question to @Rob Watts...is toslink still the best connection now...? Too mscaler? Or does that depend on the source? I am connecting it with auralic aries g2. Thanks....

Toslink is the reference digital input, as it can't inject RF and correlated noise into the DACs ground plane, and with my DPLL and pulse array any source jitter is completely eliminated, so we do not need to worry about source jitter.

With the M scaler and Dave on the pre-production prototype M scaler I could hear no consistent change from using USB or optical - but YMMV depending upon your source.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #6,447 of 18,285
Toslink is the reference digital input, as it can't inject RF and correlated noise into the DACs ground plane, and with my DPLL and pulse array any source jitter is completely eliminated, so we do not need to worry about source jitter.

With the M scaler and Dave on the pre-production prototype M scaler I could hear no consistent change from using USB or optical - but YMMV depending upon your source.
Thanks Rob

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #6,449 of 18,285
But Rob...i can hear differences on different usb cables with your products! I Guess i am special?

It might just mean that your source is not as RF free as Rob’s. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back