1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645
647 648
Next

Last
  1. nomad777
    Not sure what you mean by this. I only use USB. Never bothered with toslink. Oh ok got it... CX/EX usb connectivity is incredible. No noise...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. Progisus
    I am using Pi3 with JustBoom optical (Ropieee) to mscaler and SX coax to TT(1) on it’s internal batteries to Legend X. Another nice feature of the TT(1) - battery and super caps.

3. miketlse
    Agreed, which is why it would be necessary to perform a diy mod to the cable, to cut the copper wire, and route it to a battery pack or similar.
    The noise generated by the demodulator, mentioned by @Triode User , would probably be more difficult to remove.

4. Triode User
    duplicate, deleted

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  5. Ragnar-BY
    I'm using USB output of opticalRendu. I've tried optical input with my MBP. Rendu sounds much better.

muski likes this.
  6. Ciggavelli
    I don't know if this is technically the right place to mention this, but I received my Uptone ISO Regen with LPS1.2 and a Sonore power cord. The improvement in sound is quite substantial. I say it is an equal or greater change compared to my aftermarket SOtM BNC cables. The difference is very noticeable. Treble sparkles, the bass is cleaner and no (well maybe less) smearing, very black background. I don't know what the SOtM stack sounds like, but if it sounds similiar or better than the ISO Regen, it would be a very special piece of equipment. I know we talk about RFI on here, but regenerating the USB signal should be taken into consideration as well. The ISO Regen/LPS 1.2 were well worth the money in my mind.

birdlandbill and ZappaMan like this.
  7. nomad777
    I like the Uptone guy lol.. there's actually 2 of them. They know what they are doing. I went with the usbultra. Imo its a better product but also more expensive. I also bought the word clock. You did not go wrong with what you purchased if the ultra wasn't around I would have purchased theirs.

Ciggavelli likes this.
  8. birdlandbill
    My experience with MscaledDaveUtopia as well. I'll try Uptone's EtherRegen as well, once the first runs are delivered. Alex Crespi and John Swenson are a remarkably talented and generous duo. Ray-Dude already has experience with this in an Mscaled Dave and previously reported it here.

Ciggavelli likes this.
  9. nomad777
    if you using Sotm products you might want to try their Cat7 ethernet cables quite amazing in preservice the sound signature and nullifying noise I have my setups cat7 filter cat7 to source they also sell a filter you can put in between Cat7's

10. Ciggavelli
    That’s actual a soon to be purchased item for me. I’m gonna get 2 cat 7s and the filter. Perhaps I’ll put an ETHER REGEN in the chain too, when they are back in stock next year

11. nomad777
    There's a good write up about them on audio bacon. They really are amazing cables. They keep the music smooth and get rid of any distortion. You'll like them.

Ciggavelli likes this.
  12. N Quarter
    I ordered my black Mscaler on November 6th, he originally told me that it should only take a couple of weeks. Today I called him, and he said he expects it to arrive in another 1-2 weeks. I live in Canada, so it seems like maybe the TT2’s are selling well, so possibly they are falling behind a bit. This time of year though, I have a work Christmas party next weekend, so hopefully on December 21st I can grab it.

ZappaMan likes this.
  13. nomad777
    hmmm what store? tt2's are not flying off the shelf

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 3:35 AM
  14. N Quarter
    Audio Eden

15. nomad777
    Hmm.. try headponeshop plus just saying he will most likely give you a better deal..... make sure you bargain...

First

Back
636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645
647 648
Next

Last