1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638
640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649
Next

Last
  1. Drewligarchy
    I can't speak to clip on ferrites. I have tried Nick's WAVE Stream Cable (with solid core ferrites) with the HMS and it most definitely provides sonic improvements. Darker, Richer, more 3D, more detail. Not subtle. Seriously. This is in the context of my system. Others with WAVE Stream can speak to the improvements. I have not tried clip on ferrites - so others can speak to there effect.

2. audio_1
    As mentioned above, Rob did say clip on ferrites. This was also posted about when the Mscaler was released. The only solution imho is for the next generation of Chord DACs to have a high band with optical interface instead of dual BNC cables.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    zenlisten and gnomen like this.
  3. birdlandbill
    Listened to both Wave Stream and Wave Storm in MDaveUtopia configuration. More detail in transients, particularly with bass when compared with Moon Audio Silver Dragon BNC cables. I know Mr. (Dr.?) Watts tried clip-on ferrites with MDave. I don't know if he has tried Wave BNC cables.

Quoting authority (in one area) and extending it to another as a means of closing minds is the way of religion, not curiosity and science. As Izaak Kolthoff so aptly put it, "Theory guides, experiment decides."

Mr. Watts and some others here exemplify this approach.

4. birdlandbill
    Wonderful, memory evoking note. Agree that live instruments not captured with sound reproduction systems. MDaveUtopia (Redbook or "high resolution") makes listening a joy, but still a facsimile. Have never heard of a live concert being cancelled due to or sardonic comments following the concert re: RFI.

5. nomad777
    Oh I think I read him fine and clear it looks like your not reading.

kelly200269 likes this.
  6. nomad777
    Are you saying religious people can't be scientific?

Also try and experiment with a black hole see how that goes; where the laws of physics no longer apply.

7. miketlse
    Just to clarify, I have no problem being corrected by Rob, because he is the only person on this thread who understands his dac and upscaler designs in thorough depth.

AndrewOld does pee me off. He has his agenda whereby if Triode, dmance or myself posts, the red mist descends, and he dives straight into his generic script of 'You are dissing Rob and Chord, where is your data, where are your measurements, etc....'
    I have just put a lot of effort into drafting posts with the aim of providing an impartial explanation, why posters implying that Rob is careless in designing his dacs are wrong, plus explaining how unshielded cables offer a route for RFI into electrical equipment.
    It should not have surprised me that Andrew twisted my posts around 180° and replied with 'So they are fake. They have nothing to do with the M Scaler. They are not real measurements of any Chord product. You should withdraw them. They are a dishonest, misleading and bogus attack on Chords engineering.'
    He can't help himself. It is always easier to quickly dive in and rubbish what other people post, rather than spend some time trying to correctly understand the words that were posted.

This thread has become 95% about RFI, and not about the MScaler, so there is now little of real interest to me in the thread - so this is a good time to walk away.

x RELIC x, Triode User and JaZZ like this.
  8. ZappaMan
    But it’s not talk about rfi for rfi sake. Its about getting the full magic out of the incredible two box combo. But to do so, it seems you need to understand rfi and how to minimise it.

HeeBroG, HumanMedia, wswbd and 4 others like this.
  9. kelly200269
    Absolute rubbish. Just open, use the BNC cables in the box. And enjoy!

ZappaMan likes this.
  10. Drewligarchy
    You know not of what you speak.

JM1979 likes this.
  11. kelly200269
    You wanna bet?? :deadhorse:

12. Drewligarchy
    I prefer not to argue with those who are closed minded and can't be reasoned with.

13. kelly200269
    I prefer not to argue with those who have no mind and can’t be reasoned with.

14. Uncle Monty
    don't worry, I'm completely lost as well

15. kelly200269
    Just ‘get lost’ in the music!? The TT2/HMS combo makes it so very easy to do that! :)

musickid and Uncle Monty like this.
First

Back
629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638
640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649
Next

Last