1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628
630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639
Next

Last
  1. Uncle Monty
    this might explain why OP SR sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - I switch TT2 off every night (using remote) but always leave M-Scaler on.

2. TheAttorney
    I would like this too. Furthermore, I'd like the DIM function to have more levels of DIMness instead of the current 2 (Stupid Bright and Still Too Bright (when viewed in a darkened room)).
    But DAVE's dsplay is even worse, with no DIM function at all (Display=4 is not the same thing). It's as if the Chord team only ever try their products in ultra bright office conditions.

Amberlamps likes this.
  3. Progisus
    Not being funny with the ferrites comment but yes to the Priceless. I know how frustrating this can be for the many with bad RFI issues but I am also disappointed at the cost to mitigate.

4. Uncle Monty
    IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0724.JPG OP SR Red, Green & Blue - BNC2 / White - DBNC (with BNCs attached as per manual)

5. Triode User
    Yes, that is what I get (and for clarity it is completely independent of the BNC cable type).

On the other hand, why do you want to listen part mscaled music?

6. Uncle Monty
    I agree - why listen at anything less than full beans; however it does niggle me.

Triode User likes this.
  7. jaehuang
    A MScaler newbie here -

I have a couple questions concerning compatibility with the Hugo2 and the Mojo:

Is the Mojo's coaxial input not compatible with the MScaler, even with a dual BNC to mini-coax cable?
    If you do optical out of the MScaler to the Mojo's optical in, it would be limited to upscaling to 192k?

What is highest upscaling possible if connecting the MScaler to the Hugo 2 via the coaxial input?

Thanks,

8. Triode User
    I have plugged mine all back together and moved on . . . . another 'life is too short' moment!

Uncle Monty likes this.
  9. nomad777
    Hmm... what do you mean by this... I find it gives amazing detail you will never hear without it. Especially @ 768mhz

10. nomad777
    for the mscaler yes correct... don't have the tt2 have the Dave.... One thing I've experienced is these things can be finicky. Eg.. gentle bump table moves you breathe on it the wrong way... When that happens I usually turn the unit(s) off unplug replug and that has fixed the issue for me in the past. Thus far no issues other than the occasional handshake issue....

11. nomad777
    All equipment of regardless make and price have issues. Let me guess you don't own one.... LOL.....

12. Progisus
    I sure do!!! See my sig.

13. nomad777
    Leave the TT2 on and you'll experience less problems.... my equipment is on all the time......

14. nomad777
    Perhaps you should sell it ....

15. Progisus
    To be honest.. i should have spent the cash upgrading my H2 to a TT2 and used HQPlayer filters. I am lucky in that I don’t have noticeable rfi issues. I think the Moon dual coax is very well made and prevents rfi with proper shielding.

First

Back
619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628
630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639
Next

Last