1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627
629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638
Next

Last
  1. birdlandbill
    Qobuz (highest available signed bit value/sampling rate for appropriately engineered music, downloaded and streamed) and ripped CD's. Both wonderful to listen to. Store ripped/downloaded music on Innuos Zenith SE. Slight edge to downloaded equal bit/sampling frequency format, but thoroughly enjoy ripped CD's. Some music in my collection and of interest to me isn't available in Qobuz USA.

Biggest determinant of sound quality in my rig is full dynamic range and excellent sound engineering during recording/mixing.

My configuration is Innuos Zenith SE->IsoRegen->MScaler->Wave Storm BNC->Dave->Moon Audio Black Dragon->Focal Utopia.

Vyyy and JM1979 like this.
  2. gnomen
    RFI? What's that? :rolling_eyes:

Just thought single mic recording might be interesting for people who want to hear the detailed stereo positioning the M Scaler can produce.

3. musickid
    Hi end mics are another world unto their own. £7200 for the Josephson C700S.

upload_2019-11-18_15-1-38.jpeg

4. Mediahound
    Does anyone else wish that the M Scaler went completely dark when it's in sleep mode, instead of the one LED on constantly? Would be nice if there were a way to set that.

kelly200269, PJDubyaM and Amberlamps like this.
  5. musickid
    I use a custom made power strip made from Olson Electronics. It's 8 way individually switched so i can switch the TT2 off and the mscaler off but leave the computer on sleep and the router always on. I power off the mscaler and TT2 when not in use. It has surge protection, some kind of earth pin for protection and made from hospital grade type precision parts. I deliberately chose no RF filtering or mains conditioning. Go figure. Cost £180. It's substantially larger than it looks here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  6. musickid
    test

7. Uncle Monty
    why delete filtering and conditioning?

8. Uncle Monty
    OP SR has stopped working, again - when cycling through the settings the TT2 said 'BNC 2' - it was working a few weeks ago - tell me I've got these BNC cables the correct way round.. wavestorm.JPG

9. Triode User
    I have just repeated your set up here. I got the same result as you. So I swopped the cables over at the TT2 end and all now works in all OP SR settings from pass through to full scaling.

Try that. This is how my cables are connected, you will see I have it the other way around to yours after swopping them.

cables.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    JM1979 and Uncle Monty like this.
  10. TKpurple
    Using the same cables but with hugo2 mscaled, I had situations that notwithstanding how the cable were connected and swapped it sometimes only worked for full settings. It was also that after swapping the cables all seetings worked for the moment and then started to work only with highest setting white. I don't think its a cable issue something else should be considered imho but I have no idea what.

11. JTbbb
    As a matter of interest I have roughly calculated that it costs around £8 per annum to run MScaler in stby mode. I’ve also worked out the cost for my Etude and am glad it has an off switch! TT2 is turned off when not in use. By the way, I am a Northerner! This will not mean anything to our American friends!

Chester Rockwell and Uncle Monty like this.
  12. Uncle Monty
    In the M-Scaler manual, figures 4.3 (there's two of them) p27 & 28, it shows the BNC cables going from MS BNC1-TT BNC1 & MS BNC2-TT BNC2 - which is how I've connected them.

I'll try them your way i.e. BNC1-BNC2 & BNC2-BNC1 but if you're right then the instruction manual is wrong.

The weird thing is, OP SR didn't work and then it did work and now it doesn't work again - and I never swapped the BNCs round from the way you see in the photo.

13. Progisus
    Probably all those ferrites causing sensing issues on the inputs. Once again:
    M Scaler - $7k CAD. Making it sound great - priceless!
    LOL

14. Triode User
    Obviously you are trying to be funny but I have now tried this with a few cables including unferrited ones and the issue is still there whatever the type of cable.

@Uncle Monty Having tried a few things I am wondering if it is something to do with the switch on order for the TT2/Mscaler because now having switched one of them off and then on again the problem we are noticing has swopped around, ie it is still there but now the other way around.

15. Uncle Monty
    should I just stick with the way shown in in the manual?

First

Back
618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627
629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638
Next

Last