1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620
622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631
Next

Last
  1. racebit
    I think is far from off-topic. Rob strongly recommends getting bit-perfect wilth all his dacs and specially mscaler.
    Checking the color of sample rate received on your dac or mscaler is also important and far from off-topic. But if you don't care about it, ok.

Nik74 and kelly200269 like this.
  2. nomad777
    Toroidal what are your thoughts do you think I'm far enough away from the woo wa33 amp which is a powerful toroidal amp... thoughts?

[​IMG]

3. GreenBow
    Well if you care so much, why not answer the question of mine that you quoted. Media Centre sets either Windows: Direct Sound, WASAPI, or ASIO. The Sound control (from Control Panel) on PC routes it. I already said that in as many words. What more do you want? I already told you this but you argued with me. Then you insult me for being dismissive of Chord products. What already? What? What do you even think it is, that you want to know?

Sound.png

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  4. hieukm
    How are you liking the Nordost BNC?

5. Triode User
    Please consider that it is not just the distance between the boxes that you need to think about but also the cable routes. Some of your cables seem to go quite near to your other equipment and to other cables. It is generally recommended not to have cables running parallel to each other (touching is even worse) and to cross them at 90 degrees if they need to cross each other. As an aside, I have found some tube amps to be susceptible to interference as well as being a possible source themselves.

HumanMedia likes this.
  6. ZappaMan
    Is that for any kind of cable, digital or speaker or power ?

7. gnomen
    Interesting feedback, thanks. I read another post about the PP2 which said disconnecting the mains charging current did not make a noticeable difference. Have you tested that, before going for something more sophisticated?

8. nomad777
    Incredible BNC's... also using their USB's

9. HughF
    I have been emailing Sean Jacobs about buying a DC3 LPSU with "upgraded regulator module" for my M Scaler and have a provisional build date of March 2020. He has just asked me to warn people that he's very busy at the moment but is actively looking for assistance to fix this. http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/home
    HTH,
    Hugh

Uncle Monty likes this.
  10. nomad777
    not worried about the cables ran it this way when I had the blu2; those BNC's are basically RFI proof.. never had issues with them I'm only interested in the placement of the Mscaler not interested in anything else........ I want opinions on the distance between the amp and HMS.

The woo wa33 is a very strong amp.. I haven't used it yet with the HMS but soon will...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  11. Whazzzup
    You place the amp in your neighbors house running shielded cable underground, that should do it. Just work out a quid pro quo, USA good for those things. :relaxed::relaxed:

musickid, wswbd, zenlisten and 2 others like this.
  12. nomad777
    DX3? Get with the program !

13. kelly200269
    OMG!!! £3200 for a 1.25m length!?
    I suddenly feel very poor...! :scream:

musickid and Ragnar-BY like this.
  14. Triode User
    isn’t that the price just for one cable?

zenlisten likes this.
  15. kelly200269
    Yes. ONE... lol

First

Back
611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620
622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631
Next

Last