1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581
583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592
Next

Last
  1. ekfc63
    Maybe burn in will help with the bass.

I've decided that I'll just go straight to the Wave cables (once my bank account recovers from buying Abyss 1266 TC and TT2 in the same month), just not sure which of the Storm or Stream to go to.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. ScooterHD122
    I am using Apple Music (as in the "new" iTunes to manage my playlists). The tracks were encoded in Apple Lossless codec. Even low res files benefited from the M-scaler.

3. Wraith.
    Hey guys, I know this is an Mscaler thread (I haven’t opened that box yet) but I just unpacked the TT2 and it rattles a little bit. Not like there’s anything free floating inside, it just sounds like something moving on a rail. No sign of damaged, it was sealed tight but my power conditioner arrived damaged so I’m a little paranoid. Is that normal? (the rattle not my paranoia)

4. dac64
    The colour balls are loosen by design.

5. llamaluv
    But if you don't like it, just dip it a pool of cold water and they'll tighten right up.

ray-dude likes this.
  6. Wraith.
    Ahh you’re right, the ice water dunk cleared it right up!

Thanks guys

llamaluv likes this.
  7. GreenBow
    Yeah it's the ball bearing buttons. I freaked out too, months ago. (When we press the ball-bearings they perform action on buttons behind them.)

Steel ball bearings, not coloured buttons.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  8. Progisus
    My mscaler rattled so I opened it. There was an extra very small screw rolling around. Not a joke. Distributor offered to take it back but shipping and insurance was on me. I decided to close it up and keep the screw as a spare. So far so good.

zenlisten and Wraith. like this.
  9. Amberlamps
    I have done testing with and without the mscaler connected to TT2. I listened to TT2 on it's own for roughly a week, and TT2 sounds great on it's own.

However, I added the mscaler to the mix and I'm not going attempt to describe the difference as I will fail at trying to describe it.

The music seems more musical and it's much easier to follow quieter background instruments that are usually obscured or hard to follow by louder up front instruments. I don't read music, but it feels like it's easier to hear the starting and stopping of notes, the timing of instruments/notes seems much more defined.

When I listened to TT2 on it's own, compared to having the mscaler in the loop, the music seemed flatter, take flatter with a pinch of salt, as TT2 on it's own sounds great, but flatter is the word I would use to describe the difference between tt2 and mtt2.

When I rebuilt my Nuc and stuck it in a fanless case, I reconnected the mscaler to tt2 and that night the music sounded magic, and I was using my Aeon Flow Closed headphones, which I'm not too keen on, but that listening session was one of the best sounding that I've had out of my setup to date.

Anyway, Rob, I'm sorry, you're mscaler does work, but it's just bloody hard to describe the changes it makes to music other than saying "it sounds better than tt2 on it's own".

It does however make things seem more spacious and it's easier to hear and follow all the different instruments, also the timing of things. I can only presume that I was smoking crack when I said I couldn't hear the difference between tt2 and mtt2 the other week.

10. jarnopp
    Wait! The mScaler works? Damn, my wallet.

Amberlamps likes this.
  11. Wraith.
    Are people generally setting these up side by side? They are so compact that they are lost in my sanus rack sitting on their own shelves. And the Wave cables, while beautiful to behold, are heavy beasts. Side by side might help to support the cable but not sure if the 2 pieces should be isolated from each other. Also the way the power cord is configured, I assume an upgraded PC isn't something peeps are doing?

12. Progisus
    @Amberlamps - maybe smoking crack that night? How was the koolaid?

Amberlamps likes this.
  13. Amberlamps
    Koolaid ?

I only drink Purple Drank, it's like koolaid but purple.

14. Progisus
    Jim Jones and his cult

Amberlamps likes this.
  15. Amberlamps
    That wasn't a cult, that was a headfi meetup gone bad as only beats by dre turned up.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Progisus likes this.
First

Back
572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581
583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592
Next

Last