1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last
  1. delirium
    That you can do on speakers....but not on headphones....

2. delirium
    Roon nucleus?

Jan Tage Holmber likes this.
  3. flummoxed
    Has anyone used the Upton UltraCap LPS-1.2 with the M-Scaler and/or TT2, or know if it's possible as the the LPS-1.2 has a maximum output of 1.1A.

Thanks in advance for any help?

4. Tekunda
    I have a question: Does the Mscaler only improve the SQ when connected to other Chord units like the HugoTT2, or will DACs/amps in general benefit from the mscaler's abilities?
    The reason why I ask is, that I am intrigued by the Raal Ribbon headphones and in order to power those, a HugoTT2 wouldn't be enough, as I would need a 150 watts speaker amp to power the Raal. So if I select a non-Chord DAC, I would like to learn, if I would still benefit from the 1 Mio taps, if I connect a Mscaler to my chain?
    Thanks in advance.

5. Jan Tage Holmber
    What’s wrong with Nucleus? - dead silent and made to be powered on 24/7. No fuss, best bred dog in town.

delirium likes this.
  6. Amberlamps
    I have been looking, but thats all I have been doing, as HMS, TT2 and Xmas bankrupted me, but the coffers are starting to fill backup again. A Roon bridge might work, but not on my spare computers. I did use to have a rasp pi, but I gave it away to a thieving scumbag.

I will admit, I am a computer genius :) But even I get sick of messing about with them, nowadays I just want things to work, without the hassle of tweaking.

I get the urge to build and tweak every now and then ( every few years ), but when you have a Corsair Obsidian 800D case, you don’t want to lift it often to mess with the hardware inside. Once it’s filled, it’s very heavy, bulky and awkward to lift and hold and it has sharp corners = What argh my hands.

Also, windows 7 - 10 has made things alot easier on folk, I can’t recall the last time I saw a bsod, probably back when xp n vista were the two main flavours of MS OS’s.

UEFI has done the same for the old BIOS, as windows 10 has done for stability and security.

Basically, nowadays I cannot be bothered messing about with things, I just want something to come out of a box in one piece, plug it in and for it to just work, and do it silently. There is many things that can do what I want, from musickids Roon Bridge, to a full on tricked out server, Zenith and the one wazzzup has which I have forgotten the name of, antipodes ? I think thats it.

But I draw the line at buying a Roon Nuc, far too costly for what it is and it will probably have a limited lifespan as and when Roon gets updated over the years.

Until I have more cash, I won’t know which direction I will go.

andrewd01 and miketlse like this.
  7. Amberlamps
    I was typing up my post before I saw your one.

I like the idea of a roon nuc, but I find it to be too expensive for what it is, plus reading up about it, it says it’s “tamper proof”, basically that means, any upgrades, say for example larger ssd’s, you will probably have to buy another nuc or possibly buy an upgrade kit that roon may release in the future.

I will look into things in more depth when I have the spare cash to actually buy something, if I started drooling over things now, it’s only going to end up in tears when I have to pay my credit card bill next month.

8. Amberlamps
    Lol lsd.

It was Red Bull and Ketamine.

Red Bull doesn’t give you wings, but ketamine does.

:)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Nik74 and delirium like this.
  9. delirium
    And flashback?

Amberlamps likes this.
  10. delirium
    Ok....mscaler sounds good,but source still matters...i dont no why Rob watts can not say this? Ayre has reaffirmd this. They also use asynchronous dac i think...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  11. styler Contributor
    i have a Lumin U1 and plan to get the hugo tt2 but also considering the M Scaler. wondering if anyone can comment about the upsampling on the U1 vs the M Scaler. would there be an advantage to using the U1 and setting output to "native" and feeding it to an M Scaler or is the Lumin upsampling equally as good?

12. Chester Rockwell
    Well if Ayre said it, it must be true.

13. delirium
    Well it is true....everything matters...

14. jlbrach
    the roon nucleus has been a godsend for me...works flawlessly

Amberlamps likes this.
  15. delirium
    Better than a laptop right...my point...

rkt31 likes this.
First

Back
396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405
407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416
Next

Last