1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403
405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414
Next

Last
  1. Triode User
    That is where I have to disagree with you. I listen to my system for perhaps 8 hours every day whilst I work and then maybe another 3 hours whilst I relax and I never get fatigued. I used to but then I changed components and now I never get fatigued.

If you get fatigued then maybe there is something amiss somewhere?

apmusson likes this.
  2. Deftone
    I meant over listening because it so good not fatigue from the equipment itself. More like a burn out from over doing something you love for long periods of time it happens to everyone once in a while.

ZappaMan likes this.
  3. Christer
    I think you making a very valid point here.

Our existence and our experience of it is fundamentally based on the principle of contrasts.

Desire and Satisfaction, Light and Dark,Black and White, Activity and Rest, Soft and Loud ,Music and Silence and so on...

Contrasts are essential to everything we experience.

Sometimes you need to take a break from them to really enjoy the things you love the most.
    Cheers Controversial Christer

4. Christer

5. Christer
    Hmm, I don't think anyone is capable of actually LISTENING to music for 11 hours a day.
    There is a fundamental difference between actually listening and hearing imho.
    Cheers Controversial Christer

Jan Tage Holmber likes this.
  6. dmance
    Can I get a recommendation for a TOSLINK cable that fits the MScaler. My current ten year old audioquest is acting up and the few I have tried struggle to fully and properly seat into the socket
    Thanks
    Dan

7. Triode User
    There we go then. We are all different. I usually ‘listen’ to Radio 3 for most of the day unless they put on something awful or a play (which they increasingly seem to do in the early evening).

musickid likes this.
  8. phase0
    These are supposed to be top notch good (I have one and it fits): http://www.lifatec.com/toslink2.html

Tao8 likes this.
  9. Amberlamps
    Kabel Direkt on amazon make good cables for cheap.

I use 4 of their optical cables and not one of them has failed me, good build quality also.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...le&sprefix=Kabel+,aps,1056&crid=3EKW40G6AMDK3

Paul Bjernklo likes this.
  10. Deftone
    Have you tried doing this 8+ hours every day with headphones?

11. Triode User
    Certainly not. I don't own any headphones. I did try them but they are not for me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12. ZappaMan
    Don’t you find your perception is dulled after prolonged listening? I’m sure the brain starts stripping out details, like they say the eye only processes 10% of what it sees.

13. Uncle Monty
    Audioquest Diamond - your MS deserves it

14. naynay
    Must say the Antipodes is a well built server with a sound to match.CX/MS.

15. Uncle Monty
    The Antipodes CX was recommended to me. It doesn't have an optical out - which Rob Watts seems to prefer with the MS. Any plans to add the EX, said to be an amazing combo?

First

Back
394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403
405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414
Next

Last