Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Dec 15, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #4,366 of 18,414
Just my opinion buy a hugo TT 2 it's better than a Hugo 2 with m scaler, buying m scaler with Hugo 2 is just wrong, why waste your money on a Mscaler get the best dac you can afford

I guess because if it's good enough such that Rob Watts himself absolutely requires having this system on 12 hour flights, it's good enough for me.

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #4,370 of 18,414
I'm looking for a reasonably priced closed back headphone to use with my system that will do it justice.

I currently use an HD800 via Hugo 2 / Mscaler. Anybody have any experience of MrSpeakers Aeon Closed? Any others?
I have Dave / M Scaler and have used the Aeon Closed with it and the Aeon is so nice with the addition of the M Scaler. I had the Aeon Open but preferred the Closed sound. I actually have the Aeon Closed listed here for sale as I just don't have time to listen at work and prefer my Focal Utopias with the system at home.

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #4,380 of 18,414
Titanic now that's a soundtrack.
I love Hugo 2 it's the best mobile device out there but if you want proper domestic top hi-fi system then Hugo TT 2 is the bare minimum,hugo 2 just doesn't cut it.
You get what you pay for

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back