1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ChordElectronics, Jul 25, 2018.
First

Back
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
Next

Last
  1. Mikey99
    Also, until you get new cables you may want to try optical input into the M-Scaler. In my case I had no drop-outs with optical input, it was only with USB input.

apmusson likes this.
  2. Jimbo2me
    Hi Rob,
    No issues with the batteries ? Maybe I’m thinking of carry on baggage.
    Thanks for designing such amazing products.
    I ordered TT 2 & M Scaler and can’t wait.
    Have you heard any of the Avantgarde speakers with Chords ?
    Your thoughts on the combination?
    Thanks,
    Jim

3. AndrewOld
    What fixed it?

4. tunes
    6C86ABA8-A4C4-4C2F-A65E-A4EC2D286765.png
    Good question. We are waiting in suspense to hear. I was just about to purchase 2 of these (see above image) in anticipation of the arrival of my HMS.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    AndrewOld likes this.
  5. Rob Watts
    So long as you carry on the battery bank, and it clearly states under 100W/h, you are good to go. It's Thailand and China that check for power rating and will confiscate 100W/h or above.

Sorry, I haven't heard Avantgarde speakers.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    onsionsi likes this.
  6. GreenLeo
    I c. Thanks for the info. Now I'm using a balanced isolation transformer before the SMPS provided and the statics gone.

7. Amberlamps
    Hey dude, I don’t want to be rude, but if possible, the next time you post/upload a picture, can you select Thumbnail instead of Full Image. It’s just that not all of us use a pc to surf nowadays, ipads etc, and full size images take up the entire screen and make it difficult for us to see the posts on this page.

Thanks.

Jimbo2me likes this.
  8. Christer
    Nice to hear that you like Mscaler with your Qutest.

The problem you describe sounds like something I have experienced with my laptop in some countries in Asia I suppose lacking proper earthing ?
    India can be quite bad. A tingling feeling when touching the laptop casing almost like getting a small electric shock.
    Where I am now here in Singapore I have never had that problem.
    I forgot to touch Mscaler yesterday, more than when checking its weight in my hand.
    I was too busy listening to music.
    If I buy an M-scaler I will probably initially use it with my Quest too.

Considering the fact that my files were playing from M-scaler as chosen device in Audirvana I really wonder what TT2 added to the equation more than good amplification?
    The Dac section in TT2 is if I understand it correctly more or less completely by-passed with an Mscaler connected anyway.

I guess a really good headphone amp which of course in many cases will also be cheaper than the TT2, would be a good subsitute with similar end results between Qutest/Mscaler and TT2 M-scaler?
    Now if the TT2 had included an M-scaler at the current price TT2 sells for, then it would have been very desirable imho.
    But it doesn't.
    I am trying to figure out why it doesn't .But I can't really find a logical reason why it doesn't.
    Could it be something commercial?
    As everybody knows by now, BLU2 has an Mscaler onboard.
    Cheers Controversial Christer

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  9. Christer
    Hi Rob , next time you are in Singapore check out the shop on the second floor at the Adelphi, which has got several Avantgarde speakers.
    I can't remember their name but you can't really miss it, they are one of the few remaining,with big really high quality speakers and a good showroom at the Adelphi.
    I haven't even bothered to listen to any of your DACs via speakers at the others.
    I heard one of their biggest Avantgarde Trio there, They are good, very good! and it would be very interesting to hear your DACs though speakers of that size and SQ instead of via designed for small rooms speakers the dealers that stock your DACs demo with in tiny unsuitable rooms.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  10. Christer
    I forgot to mention that at my audition of Mscaler yesterday the dealer did not use the in their words: "cheap generic supplied BNC cables" but a BNC cable set from another company also by the name Chord .
    No dropouts in the couple of hours I listened. But I have had such issues with DAVE /BLU2 when auditioning that combo at another place .
    And that was with the supplied BNCs.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  11. Raghu6446
    A3E2C673-EC6A-4074-A2FC-44C8690AA909.jpeg

Aslshark, onsionsi, musickid and 4 others like this.
  12. Raghu6446
    24C1F8CE-B06E-494B-9260-1F39BA6590FC.jpeg

Aslshark, onsionsi and jbrownson like this.
  13. Raghu6446
    Mscaler with dave amazing transparency with hifiman he1000 se .
    Stax 009 with WES 2 gen live concert playing in front of you.

onsionsi, musickid, jbrownson and 2 others like this.
  14. tunes
    Sure
    Wasn’t aware of this issue. No worries.

Amberlamps likes this.
  15. lovethatsound
    @ Rob Watts,, Can you or someone from chord explain why so many people are getting Dropouts when connecting a blu mk2 or m scaler to the Dave using BNC(even with the supplied bnc cables)I'm really thinking about getting an m scaler,but all of this talk about dropouts is putting me off.

iDesign likes this.
First

Back
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
Next

Last