Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 18, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #2,446 of 3,643
Does that have active noise-cancelling?  I looked it up on Amazon and it seems to indicate it does, but I'm curious as to hear what your experience of it is.  They look very sleek and very portable -- love the small size.
it is not active i dont beleive, but it does block alot of noise, i where them in noisy gym w/no problem, cant hear nothin but music

May 18, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #2,447 of 3,643
Upon receiving notice from camelcamelcamel.com that the ivory Sennheiser M2AEBT had dropped to $347.27, I bought a pair last night. As a tweak at me, the price then dropped further, in less than 2 hours, to $322.00 (but with an extra 2 day wait). They are now listed at $367.00

I am most curious as to whether these are old Version 1, with the BT problem, being cleared out, or if they are Version 2. Where on the box do they place the word "Rev. 2?" I am pretty sure that if they are old Rev. 1, they will not say "Rev. 1" on the box -- absence of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence. Thanks!

EDIT: In the 30 min since I posted the text above, the price of these headphones dropped again, to $335. Hence, in less than 12 hours, they have been at $347, $322, $367, and now, $335.

amazon.com in general, except for TVs, does not generally provide a low price guarantee, although in my case, after talking with a customer service rep, they did give me credit for most of the difference between my price at 7:30 pm and the lowest price at about 9:30 pm last night.

REV02 appears near the UPC on the box, either above or below it - sorry, it's in a cluttered back room at the moment. 

Let me also paraphrase from the dedicated thread, that Sennheiser sent me a new pair on Monday and the Bluetooth is better, mostly. Still get some hiccups outside Penn Station New York. EDIT 5/19: Still testing, it was acting funny over lunch. *sigh*

May 24, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #2,448 of 3,643
great thread...newbie to bluetooth here.

not looking for bluetooth cans but instead bluetooth iems for the gym.
any suggestions, please, for good values with great (balanced) sound, fit and reliabilty?
would be used for multiple gym activities: weights, running, cycling, cross training

some links i found:
http://www.cnet.com/topics/headphones/best-headphones/sports/
http://www.soundguys.com/best-bluetooth-earbuds-2014-2638/

but of course members on here with experience is always welcomed.

budget about 100 give or take

many thanks

May 24, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #2,449 of 3,643
  great thread...newbie to bluetooth here.

not looking for bluetooth cans but instead bluetooth iems for the gym.

Don't want to chase you away or anything, but this thread has only been about cans since the beginning. There are many other threads about IEMs here at Head-Fi, though. And when you add some BT cans to the mix...this is the place! 
ksc75smile.gif

May 24, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #2,450 of 3,643

Don't want to chase you away or anything, but this thread has only been about cans since the beginning. There are many other threads about IEMs here at Head-Fi, though. And when you add some BT cans to the mix...this is the place! :ksc75smile:

yes you're correct, sorry..i hurridly wrote my piece not being attentions to the thread's title of being about bluetooth for cans
(wishing/hoping/thinking) it also included iems, too....i'll slinker away then :wink:

May 24, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #2,451 of 3,643

yes you're correct..i hurridly wrote my piece not being attention to the thread's title of being about bluetooth for cans
(wishing/hoping/thinking) it also included iems, too....i'll slinker away then :wink:

But since you've already posted, I've gone through the same search myself last year and just as I came close to pulling the trigger on the Jaybird Bluebuds X, somebody pointed me to the SBH80 and I haven't looked back - they are awesome in every way.  And don't let the fact that they're are not marketed as sports earbuds put you off - my guess is that Sony just didn't want them to compete with their inferior sports-focused models.  And yes, they are water-resistant too.

They have been recently discontinued by Sony, which is a shame, but many places still sell them, including Amazon.

May 24, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #2,452 of 3,643
But since you've already posted, I've gone through the same search myself last year and just as I came close to pulling the trigger on the Jaybird Bluebuds X, somebody pointed me to the SBH80 and I haven't looked back - they are awesome in every way.  And don't let the fact that they're are not marketed as sports earbuds put you off - my guess is that Sony just didn't want them to compete with their inferior sports-focused models.  And yes, they are water-resistant too.

They have been recently discontinued by Sony, which is a shame, but many places still sell them, including Amazon.

slinkering back to say thank you

May 24, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #2,453 of 3,643

those sonys sound great, but my traps are too big for the wire around the neck. Mee audio x7plus are really good for 60 to 70bucks w/spiral dot tips as there tips arent very good. Also trinity audio has a new cable releasing very soon that will make any iem bluetooth (well 2pin or mmcx anyways), ive been waitin on this for a while to go with my trinity atlas

May 25, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #2,455 of 3,643
Hi all. I'm reading elsewhere that Plantronics Backbeat Pro bass was toned down in firmware updates. Do they still deserve their place as 4th best headphones for bass in the OP?

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3llc2c/can_i_downgrade_plantronics_backbeat_pro_firmware/

May 25, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #2,456 of 3,643
Upon receiving notice from camelcamelcamel.com that the ivory Sennheiser M2AEBT had dropped to $347.27, I bought a pair last night. As a tweak at me, the price then dropped further, in less than 2 hours, to $322.00 (but with an extra 2 day wait). They are now listed at $367.00

I am most curious as to whether these are old Version 1, with the BT problem, being cleared out, or if they are Version 2. Where on the box do they place the word "Rev. 2?" I am pretty sure that if they are old Rev. 1, they will not say "Rev. 1" on the box -- absence of evidence does not constitute evidence of absence. Thanks!

EDIT: In the 30 min since I posted the text above, the price of these headphones dropped again, to $335. Hence, in less than 12 hours, they have been at $347, $322, $367, and now, $335.

amazon.com in general, except for TVs, does not generally provide a low price guarantee, although in my case, after talking with a customer service rep, they did give me credit for most of the difference between my price at 7:30 pm and the lowest price at about 9:30 pm last night.

I received these headphones, originally at $499 but sold by Amazon at $347 (reduced further by a $20 credit from Amazon.com to assuage my pain at their hour-by-hour pricing volatility). Now back up to $480 for the ivory pair that I got.

They are indeed Rev. 2, as indicated next to the UPC code and by the fact that the Bluetooth works flawlessly so far.

They sound beautiful, entirely deserving of their Number 2 ranking in the OverEar Bluetooth headphone list on the first post of this thread. I plan to compare them, using my 10 acoustic features and three-way rankings, to my Parrot Zik 2.0 (#4 on that list) and my AKG K845 BT (#5 on that list, made special because I bought them from @giogio!).

May 25, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #2,457 of 3,643
I picked up the new Jaybird Freedom earphone this week. The app to shape the sound is really nice feature.

May 25, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #2,458 of 3,643
  Hi all. I'm reading elsewhere that Plantronics Backbeat Pro bass was toned down in firmware updates. Do they still deserve their place as 4th best headphones for bass in the OP?

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3llc2c/can_i_downgrade_plantronics_backbeat_pro_firmware/

Great info! Thanks, had no idea.
I should check which version I have.
Anyway, a firmware update cannot change the hardware, right?
So I do not understand the comment on that link, about the wheel being smoother???
I suppose the new firmware applies some EQ to limit the bass out of the box. What's the problem, just apply you some more EQ and end of the story.
The update could eventually introduce some kind of Impulse Response correction (it's a complicated thing, I was told it like this: a sound makes the membrane of the speaker vibrate, but when the sound stops, the membrane keeps vibrating. With Impulse Response correction a counter impulse is sent to compensate this and so the sound is more precise. This is a very basic explanation). If so, this is just great, it makes the bass more precise.

Do not pay much attention to my ratings. I have tested more than 100 Headphones in the last 2 months. My ratings here are outdated.
Apart for the fact that the WS99BT are still the ones I would take with me in a desert island. But I do not see them anymore as perfect. And surely not as the right choice for everybody.
There is a lot going on out there, so many wonderful headphones.
I will not use rating anymore.
I will eventually name a few models which are particularly good in this or that thing, but I will not organize them in a ranking. I will describe them.
Indeed, some people prefer the bass of the Fidelio, some of the Plantronics, some who do not use EQ (or who do, but who like another kind of bass) do not consider the WS99BT the best bassy. So, what's the point in making ranking? Headphones shall be described, not rated.

I received these headphones, originally at $499 but sold by Amazon at $347 (reduced further by a $20 credit from Amazon.com to assuage my pain at their hour-by-hour pricing volatility). Now back up to $480 for the ivory pair that I got.

They are indeed Rev. 2, as indicated next to the UPC code and by the fact that the Bluetooth works flawlessly so far.

They sound beautiful, entirely deserving of their Number 2 ranking in the OverEar Bluetooth headphone list on the first post of this thread. I plan to compare them, using my 10 acoustic features and three-way rankings, to my Parrot Zik 2.0 (#4 on that list) and my AKG K845 BT (#5 on that list, made special because I bought them from @giogio!).

Well, I have compared lately M2AEBT, K845, and a few more. Not the Zik, not side by side, because my aim in that moment was to find the most transparent models (we share a passion for transparency, although I disagree with you on it being achievable with EQ. May be improved on some headphones, but where there is a real veil, it stays).
I believe you should try the Sony MDR-100ABN, I think they may well be the most transparent and detailed BT HP on the market.
The four more transparent are 100ABN, M2AEBT, WS99BT, K845, probably in this order but I am not sure yet, and anyway I also see that the transparency, like everything else, is not 100% stable, it changes from song to song a bit, and so a given model can sound more transparent with a song, and another model more transparent with another song.
So between these 4 I would not pay too much attention to which one is the most transparent, I would choose basing on the rest of what they can offer.

May 26, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #2,460 of 3,643
  Unfortunately I cannot easily EQ them at all. The Windows Phone OS does not support EQ of Bluetooth headphones, only wired (unless using a third party app)

You will have to redefine your priorities then, to understand what you want to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back