Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
May 5, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #2,386 of 3,643
I am happy with my choice of the Pendulumic Tach T1.

May 5, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #2,387 of 3,643
How does sr5bt do for transperancy and staging? Im just saying ive always been pleased by every AT ive had. Doesnt garentee ill like the next one, but theres good odds i will. The only concern about sonnys are price, and ive heard you and few others mention sonys are not energetic/emotional, where generally AT is very good at.

May 5, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #2,388 of 3,643
Mika did you read my review?
The SR5BT are not energetic.
Are not dull, not boring, not "smooth and unable to engage".
But have a quite neutral bass.
Now, not all music needs a powerful bass to be energetic, but I find that on quite some music they give a more enjoyable than engaging sound, more relaxing than energetic.
They are transparent a lot, very very clean sounding, fresh and open.
The soundstage is good for an On Ear.
100 have a deeper sound, I would say a bigger soundstage, although a less open one due to the darker color.
They are also not the most energetic hp around but have some more bass.
Loudness is the same.

May 5, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #2,390 of 3,643
Which headphone would you recommend for someone who prefers an energetic, aggressive sound ?
I mainly listen to Metal/Rock/Rap and would be using the headphone for everything out of the house (working out, travel, ...), so NC would be a plus. My budget is 300$. Awesome thread btw !

May 5, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #2,391 of 3,643
Which headphone would you recommend for someone who prefers an energetic, aggressive sound ?

Hi!
I have a few ideas, but can you say which kind of sound you want, apart for the energy? Rather balanced, or bright, warm, bassy? Would you use EQ? Do you prefer a rumbling or a punchy bass? On or Over Ear?

May 5, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,392 of 3,643
Hey, thanks for the reply !
I prefer a bright sound for genres like Metal/Rock but i'd still like them to have enough bass for Rap/DnB. I prefer a punchy bass and On or Over ear would both do, although On ear might be handier while working out.

May 5, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #2,393 of 3,643
Hey, thanks for the reply !
I prefer a bright sound for genres like Metal/Rock but i'd still like them to have enough bass for Rap/DnB. I prefer a punchy bass and On or Over ear would both do, although On ear might be handier while working out.
I think the JBL Synchros S400BT may be what you want.
They are nicely V-Shaped, with bright highs, a powerful bass which has both a good punch and good rumble, and a nice biting aggressive direct sound.
Alternatively the Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT with stock pads, a wonderful dry punch, very transparent, can be both aggressive or gentle. They are freshly warm, so, not really warm, not exactly bright, but also less danger of harshness than a very bright can.
You can also buy the HM5 angled leatherette pads and put them on when you want a more resonant bass or a rounder smoother sound with more soundstage.
The V-Moda Crossfade Wireless are also nice specially if you have an iPhone, even more if the 6.
They sound apparently better with AAC codec.
They're not really bright, a bit dark actually, but have a nice attacking sound with a powerful bass.
I prefer to them the Parrot Zik 2 and 3, another HP which needs AAC to shine but sounds good enough on android too.
The 2 would be better for you, they're brighter. They have a very good ANC, only one of these 4 with ANC, so maybe just what you want. They are a small over ear.
Then, of course, the wonderful Sennheiser Momentum On Ear, also with a good ANC, and they are also a bit V-Shaped and with a very good punch. But they don't get particularly loud, not as the other above. And are not as bright as Synchros or Zik2.
Lastly, the JBL Everest Elite 300. I didn't try them, but I've tried the normal Everest 300, without ANC. They are relatively bright and have a nice punch, although not a very powerful one.
I just don't know about the Elite, because I've A/Bed the Everest 700 and Everest Elite 700, and they are different. Not much. But enough for me (perfectionist).
The Elite is a bit smoother, the normal is more transparent and brighter and with more attack.
So, maybe the Elite 300 are also smooth, no idea.

I think you've got enough to investigate now :)

May 6, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #2,394 of 3,643
I'm confused. The other day you said to me that you thought the Ziks were clearly superior to the Crossfades. Now you're recommending the Crossfades.
confused.gif

May 6, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #2,395 of 3,643
That's normal, you'll get used when you know me better.
I like to express my opinion, like anybody else. It's important too.
But when I give suggestions I try to be as objective as possible, and hence I abstract from my personal tastes, because not necessarily what I prefer will be preferred by everybody.
And although I find the Zik superior to the CFW overall (more balanced sound and so able to sound well with more music, more functions etc), the CFW may work better with a specific music and for some people.

And I didn't say the CFW are bad.

Just don't pay attention to the order of my suggestions, I've just written while I was elaborating the answer, no particular order.

May 6, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #2,396 of 3,643
I think the JBL Synchros S400BT may be what you want.
They are nicely V-Shaped, with bright highs, a powerful bass which has both a good punch and good rumble, and a nice biting aggressive direct sound.
Alternatively the Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT with stock pads, a wonderful dry punch, very transparent, can be both aggressive or gentle. They are freshly warm, so, not really warm, not exactly bright, but also less danger of harshness than a very bright can.
You can also buy the HM5 angled leatherette pads and put them on when you want a more resonant bass or a rounder smoother sound with more soundstage.
The V-Moda Crossfade Wireless are also nice specially if you have an iPhone, even more if the 6.
They sound apparently better with AAC codec.
They're not really bright, a bit dark actually, but have a nice attacking sound with a powerful bass.
I prefer to them the Parrot Zik 2 and 3, another HP which needs AAC to shine but sounds good enough on android too.
The 2 would be better for you, they're brighter. They have a very good ANC, only one of these 4 with ANC, so maybe just what you want. They are a small over ear.
Then, of course, the wonderful Sennheiser Momentum On Ear, also with a good ANC, and they are also a bit V-Shaped and with a very good punch. But they don't get particularly loud, not as the other above. And are not as bright as Synchros or Zik2.
Lastly, the JBL Everest Elite 300. I didn't try them, but I've tried the normal Everest 300, without ANC. They are relatively bright and have a nice punch, although not a very powerful one.
I just don't know about the Elite, because I've A/Bed the Everest 700 and Everest Elite 700, and they are different. Not much. But enough for me (perfectionist).
The Elite is a bit smoother, the normal is more transparent and brighter and with more attack.
So, maybe the Elite 300 are also smooth, no idea.

I think you've got enough to investigate now
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks alot !
The CFW and ZIK cost respectively thrice and twice as much as the JBL Synchros S400BT here in Belgium. So do they actually deliver a similar sound or are they more muddy, less crisp ?

May 6, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #2,397 of 3,643
Hey mates,

sold my ak120 - aint worth the money imo. maybe im not a true audiophil.
so here is thel deal. i will only use my iphone 6s+ as my music source for to go ..

i mainly listen to rnb / hip / rap ( soft) .. e.g drake , rick ross . sometimes to rock/ nu metal too .. ( slipknot)
but as mentioned prefered mainly soft songs with feeling behind it.

i will use only use spotify premium . tried tidal ( i dont hear the diffrence between 320 and flac)

im located in germany. i tend to buy the xtz .. will it fit my music taste ?
will use them for sports aswell ( pull ups, running , (( bodyweight excersises)

edit : whats the diffrence between the xtz for 170 € and the xtz + dap for 190 €?
edit2 : at home i use my imac as music source , dont have a windows based os.

thanks for help guys,

appreciate the love and support

May 6, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2,398 of 3,643

Velodyne vFree...any good? 

May 6, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #2,399 of 3,643
It looks like the Fidelio M2BT have really come down in price. Can Giogio confirm that these are in fact the ones he uses and recommends: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-M2BTBK-27-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B0163ZHROM?ie=UTF8&keywords=Fidelio%20M2BT&qid=1462585810&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

At that price, I feel I should at least give them a try.

May 7, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #2,400 of 3,643
  It looks like the Fidelio M2BT have really come down in price. Can Giogio confirm that these are in fact the ones he uses and recommends: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-M2BTBK-27-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B0163ZHROM?ie=UTF8&keywords=Fidelio%20M2BT&qid=1462585810&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

At that price, I feel I should at least give them a try.

I'm pretty sure his are the one and only.

They've been as low as $188 on Amazon.us

I bought my first pair for $400; second pair ~ $325; third pair $225. (I have three because I love them THAT much--and never want to be without. But that's just me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back