Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 29, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #2,326 of 3,643
I have an eye on the jbl 300 I demoed the elite 300 and I fell in love, one thing I may not need anc but how good is the isolation on the standard 300?? Or is elite 300 worth the extra cash??

The 300's are very good, and the isolation is sufficient.  I tested them, the 300 Elite and the 700 and found them to be the most bang for the buck at the $130 sale price BestBuy frequently runs them at.  I'm not a big fan of the additional circuitry and processing that EQ and NC requires - I even run the 300's wired most of the time.

A couple of caveats - the 300's do clamp tightly, and there is a significant delay in the audio when used as bluetooth, so they may not be suitable for movie watching.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #2,327 of 3,643
Anyone have experience with puro labs bt5200? I had a pair of puro ie500 iems for $50 and they were better than anything under $200 imo, may have to give these a shot thru amazon.(ps 1yr warrenty it says, return if not 100% satisfied) or ofcoarse 30day thru amazon

MacedonianHero did a review of these and he really liked them. I think they are on his thread of the top 26 portable closed headphones.

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2,328 of 3,643
Good evening everyone, 
First of all, Giogio, let me renew my thanks for your dedication and work regarding that huge upcoming comparison of yours.
As mentioned before, I want to buy BT headphones, the models I have in mind are the following (order of preference): 
  1. ATH-SR5BT
  2. Momentum Wireless Around Ear
  3. ATH-WS99BT
  4. B&O H7
  5. Parrot Zik 2 or 3
  6. Marshall Major II BT

I tried the Zik 3 in a store (Kaytranada - Glowed Up, James Blake - Limit to Your Love ) and I must admit they had a very enjoyable sound, even if dynamics felt a bit too soft. 
I'm looking for headphones with a fun sound, and that means : a nice, well defined bass, no harsh trebles, and voluptuous mids. I listen to many different kinds of music, which are, by order : electronic music, hip-hop, jazz, trip-hop, soul, rock, metal.
My perfect pair would ideally be confortable, preferably over the ear, and with low latency, aptX and support for 2 simultaneous devices. 
So far, I'm really hesitating between ATH-SR5BT and Wireless Momentum, but I don't really need ANC, hence my hesitation...

Any recommandations ? Thank you all in advance, big up to all the reviewers (SonicDefender, Giogio, and all the ones I forget). I have been over-reading and refreshing this thread for quite a long time now !

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #2,329 of 3,643
CaptainzGreg, I'm afraid such headphone does not exist.
The plantr. Bbp is low latency, multipoint, has the bass for the music you like, and the mids are OK but not trashy voluptuous, actually it's a bit v shaped.
The momentum is definitely voluptuous, and the master and dynamics too. Both have good bass, the first more balanced, the second more bassy.
None is low latency, none is multipoint.
The sr5 is rather fresh and balanced, so no voluptuous and no bass power for that music. Also no multipoint, and no ll.
Ws99 no multi no ll, very good muds mids although not necessarily voluptuous, and could be harsh depending on how sensitive your ears are to harshness. But no piercing highs, no.
Bass is definitely there.
And they have a wonderful impactful sound for metal, and at same time enough roundness for the rest.
With HM5 pads of course.

The h7 are not ll and no multi. Bass is OK but not wow, mids very nice, moderately voluptuous. But volume and engagement are not on metal level.
And not electronic either.
It may also anyway depend on how loud you like your music.

The 1abt have a good (a bit loose) bass, nice mids, but no multi no ll.

The Samsung Level On may be your pick. I'm not sure if they have multi. But they are ll, the bass is nice, the mids moderately voluptuous.

The Marshall have nice muds mids, but not sure if calling them voluptuous. They're rather clean than voluptuous.
Good bass. Sounds could be OK for you. But no ll, no multi. Or i think so. To be true about multi I'm not sure.

Wait, the pendulumic tach are ll and i think multi too. Have warm mids, and good bass (actually maybe a bit too much bass for some stuff).
I'm not sure about multi though.
dc8222, can the tach be connected at same time to smartphone and notebook?

Cheers
Giogio

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,331 of 3,643
The h7 are not ll and no multi. Bass is OK but not wow, mids very nice, moderately voluptuous. But volume and engagement are not on metal level.
And not electronic either.
It may also anyway depend on how loud you like your music.

Can't agree here sorry mate, the H7 is stunningly good for electronic to my ears, actually great with everything I have thrown at it. Hell wired with the Micro I actually think it keeps up with the TH 600 and beats it on having a better balanced sound, and the highs are sweet. Now it is possible the Beoplay H7 site is incorrect, but it does say the H7 is Apt X and Low Latency. As for the bass, it is pretty solid to my ears, not as plentiful as the PM3, but more detailed. I'm a modest basshead and the H7 for me strikes a really nice balance between quantity and quality. It actually continues to surprise me just how competent it is.

The H8 is supposed to have too much bass and there are constant reports of poor Bluetooth performance. There was a B&O rep who on another site confirmed the BT chip is indeed different in the H7 and I can attest that the H7 has rock solid, stable BT reception, I think of the few BT headphones I tried it is the best in that sense. I'm still a big fan of the WS99BT, but if I could only have one it would be the H7. Now if they could make an H7 version with a 45mm driver and keep that sound signature in tact I would be beyond ecstatic.

Here is the tech specs from the bottom of the H7 page which clearly say LL (but it could be a mistake)

Specifications

Designer
Jakob Wagner

Dimensions
​197 x 225 x 40 mm
7.8 x 8.9 x 1.6 in

Weight
280 g
9.9 oz

MATERIALS
Aluminium
Leather
Fabric
Polymer

Colours
Black
Natural
Cenere Grey

Features
Aluminium touch interface on right ear cup

Speakers
Electro-dynamic 40 mm driver

Microphone
One electret type, Omni Directional

Frequency Range
20 - 22,000 Hz

BLUETOOTH
Bluetooth 4.1 · AptX LL · AAC codecs

Beoplay App
Compatible with Beoplay App which will enhance your B&O PLAY experience.

Connections
1.2 m / 3.9 ft audio cable with 3.5 mm mini-jack for corded connectivity
0.25 m / 0.8 ft USB to Micro USB cable for charging

Battery
Replaceable and rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery
Capacity 770 mAh
Up to 20 hrs with Bluetooth
Charging time: app. 2.5 hrs

In the box
Beoplay H7 headphone (battery included)
Audio cable
USB to Micro USB cable for charging and updating
Carrying pouch
Quick Start guide

OPTIONAL EXTRAS
An extra battery for your headphones
A short USB cable for charging and updating
A short audio cable
A long audio cable
A cable with one button and a microphone

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #2,332 of 3,643
Disagreeing is not something one should be sorry about. People are not supposed to always agree about everything.
And here much is a matter of tastes.

But we must either have very very very different ears, or listen to very very very different kind of electronic, or have very very very different concepts of "biting sound" vs "relaxing sound" and surely very very very different concepts of "engaging" and "impactful".

If for you electronic is something you listen while reading newspaper and drinking tea and politely commenting how peacefully the notes harmonise each other, yes, the H7 are very good. For example for Telefon Tel Aviv or ambient or other relaxing electronic, for which anyway I personally would slightly prefer the Sony MDR-100ABN and the AKG-K845BT which are more transparent and detailed and have a more spacious sound with more separation.
But with electronic I refer to Techno and Dubstep and other music which need loudness, powerful bass, a biting quality of sound (more dynamic and impactful than relaxing and smooth) and an overall very engaging impactful sound.
And for engaging I mean that one just can't avoid vigorously shaking the head and the arms and jumping like crazy like in a Club.
And the H7 are very very very far from all these qualities: loudness is very moderate, bass is qualitatively and quantitatively moderate and definitely far from "powerful", and the quality of the sound is smooth and relaxing, the edges of the waveforms are round and reach you more like a caress than a hit. And I don't want the bass to caress me, I want it to hit me hard.
Listening to Techno and even more to Dubstep with them is like reading a recipe instead of eating. You can understand how wonderful that would taste, you can taste it with your mind, but you're still hungry.

And he mentioned metal and hip hop.
I don't know which metal and which hip hop you like, but to my ears Die Mother ****** Die on the H7 sounds like Greensleeves and I could fall asleep with that.
Of course now I'm a bit exaggerating, but to give an idea.

It's not a matter how how good the sound quality is, but of which emotion and quality of engagement it is able to transmit.
The H7 lack very much the needed qualities to be engaging.

About Low Latency you're right, it's a typo, was 5AM and once again hadn't slept, to test headphones. I meant they are LL but not multi. I actually have them listed in my list of LL headphones in the draft here.

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #2,333 of 3,643
@Giogio : Vielen danke für Ihren Rat, die sehr nützlich sind.
@Sonic Defender : thanks a lot for that feedback on the B&O H7. I think I'll go and try to find some place to try it here in the south-west of France.

Indeed, such headphones do not exist, allow me please to adjust my saying : Low Latency is actually not a must-have for me, what I would like is to be able to watch movies wirelessly with those headphones. So even if I don't need that spec called low latency ©, I would very much like to buy headphones that process audio signal quickly. Among the models you pointed out, are there some which show such lags, making it impossible to watch movies using them wirelessly ( let's say above ca. 200ms of lag) ?
Multi-point is also not a must-have, just a nice bonus : comfort and a good dynamic sound are the real must-haves for me.

My ears are actually used to a little bit of harshness : I listen to most of my music on etymotics ER4-P and triangle loudspeakers. But I don't want headphones that will reproduce that kind of sound, I'd rather have different pleasures :p .

So now I'm hesitating between Plantronics BBP, Senheiser Momentum Wireless (still my favorite) and Samsung Level On. Damn that's hard to settle.

And regarding electronic music, I'm as much into Telefon Tel Aviv, Moderat than in fast, hard htiting trap/dubstep/futurebass (SBTRKT, James Blake). But I'm a bigger fan of dynamic hard hitting bass I think, since I already have devices for softer bass. 
Thank you all, it's great to find such precise and passionate advisers :) 

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #2,335 of 3,643
I checked the aptX website. H7 is not on the list, but H8 is. Not sure if only selected products are shown in the site. Here is the link
http://www.aptx.com/category-low-latency/headphones
that list is so much incomplete.
The H7 are LL. I can say from the way my BT transmitters flash. 3 times for LL.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #2,338 of 3,643
@Giogio, I hear you brother, but I actually do like a slightly softened sound signature. I find it less fatiguing for sure as even bass can be fatiguing. Still, I agree that the top volume level of the H7 for a loud listener leaves room for more power. For those who like to have every edge and hard transients revealed the H7 will not give them the final word in clarity, but for many of us that isn't the key consideration, certainly not for me. Not to mention the H7 works well across all genres as it has that slight warmth to it. For sure it won't be for everybody, but the sound is very well balanced for my taste, just right balance of detail and listenability which for me equates to engagement as if I get fatigued, no amount of detail saves the fact that I become un-engaged rather quickly. Different perspectives of course, but your critiques of the H7 are correct for those who share the same preferences as you.

I will say that the extra volume is very helpful and that the H7 scales exceptionally well wired with the Micro, but as a BT thread that isn't as relevant.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #2,339 of 3,643
@Giogio, as a slightly related query, do you make sure to do your listening at close to the same time of the day for the various headphones?

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,340 of 3,643
Question. Can u turn the noise cancelling off {sony 100abn in particular)

Ps...just got the puro bt5200 10 min ago, initial impressions very positive?i will probably still get 100abn in next week or so as i much prefer the over ear to on ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back