Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Apr 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #796 of 3,643
Thank you for the recommendations !
Seems that both the ATH and the fidelio will not suit me, it sound that they aren't perfectly comfortable. I'm looking for headphones that i can wear for 5-6 hours without feeling any discomfort.
In addition seems that the fidelio has some problems with the Bluetooth connection. I need headphones with a solid connection.

Are there any other recommendations ?
comfort is subjective.
I can wear Fidelio, ATH and Plantronics for 5-6 hours or more without any discomfort.
But all depends on how big is your head (perceived clamping force) and how big and sensitive are your ears (if they fit into the pads of an over ear, and if the pads of an on ear will hurt or not).
I'm not sure to understand from which part of my reply you understood that the Fidelio are not comfortable.
For the ATH it depends on how long are your ears.
Also good for dubstep are the Plantronics Backbeat Pro, but they don't have much bigger pads than the ATH (5.5 cm vs 4.7).
They have an even more boosted bass than the other two, but not as powerful in the end. But it may be more than enough for you. You are the only who can say it by trying them.
You don't have many more options for bassy BT headphones which perform well with dubstep, specially if you don't EQ.
Maybe the beoplay h8 which have a quite boosted bass, and maybe the momentum (which i didn't try so i can't swear).
But it depends on your level of bassheadness, and on which kind and amount of bass you want.
The urbanite could work well, although they've more punch than rumble, which makes them better for techno.
The ue9000 are very good for dubstep, but heavy (not nice for 5 hours).

Thought I read that the Sennheiser Urbanite XLBT allow you to listen to the PC & still take phone calls. However, they look as big as the Plantronics & not as well reviewed
i liked them.
Yes they've got multipoint.
They're big but foldable. And not so bulky as the Plantronics.
They have a warm signature with present mids and some excess of low mids, and a somehow dark tone.

BTW - which other Bluetooth headphones have multipoint? Somebody above mentioned that the Plantronics Backbeat Pros are the cheapest bluetooth headphones that have multipoint.. Obviously it must have a mic on it..

I'm not aware of any bt headphone without mic.
Fidelio m2bt, Bose Soundlink on ear, Sennheiser urbanite, beoplay h8, and i think another one but i don't remember now.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #797 of 3,643
Need serious help so posting in multiple bluetooth threads.

Hello,

I have the Sony MDR-1RBT MK2 bluetooth headphone and I usually listen to it via a non-aptx mobile phone (Xperia L) , Do you really see a huge difference between aptx and non aptx connection?

Especially the low bass? Because I dont get much power(volume) on the low frequencies as much as I get when its wired. How is the low bass when both devices are on aptx compared to wired? 

Could you please test this bass song ( Decaf - White Clouds) on an aptx device and a non aptx device and post your thoughts? 

It would really help me if someone tests this because I will buy an aptx enabled mobile if the bass power is same as wired connection. thanks..

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #798 of 3,643
  BTW - which other Bluetooth headphones have multipoint? Somebody above mentioned that the Plantronics Backbeat Pros are the cheapest bluetooth headphones that have multipoint.. Obviously it must have a mic on it..

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless and Definitive Technology Symphony 1 both have it along with the ones @Giogio mentioned.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #799 of 3,643

Sennheiser Momentum Wireless and Definitive Technology Symphony 1 both have it along with the ones @Giogio mentioned.

So I am at crossroads right now..

Leaning towards  Plantronics Backbeat Pros.. but your post is making my head explode.. Think it is worth ponying up for the DT Symphony 1 or Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear? I think those 2 are $400... while Plantronics I can get for $250.

Sadly, none of the local stores carry any of them for me to try in person.

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #800 of 3,643
  Wow, fascinating woman. Now I am even more interested in Parrot :)
About multiquote, I already could do that. But it only works to multiquote many different posts in one answer.
What I could not, and still cannot do, is how to "multiquote" one single post, dividing it in pieces so that I can put my answer under each piece.
The only suggestion received till now is to manually copy and paste the quote again ad again...

You (and @kayandjohn, and whoever want to see me testing the Parrot) can write her already. I have written her a week ago. She answered asking me where I am located, I answered back, and I am still waiting for a feedback. Maybe some fanboys queries would encourage them.

About the Metallica stuff and frequencies, I am afraid it still is out of my hearing possibilities, but I will test better to see if I notice what you mean.
Anyway, I can hear till 15hz, and a bit till 10, with headphones like the Fidelio or the Audio Technica which goes down till 7 and 8hz respectively. So, it is good to have headphones which have a broader frequency response. I think it also improves the quality of the sound, because there is no need of an artificial boost.

About that B&O thread, I think that maybe because you are not "native", you misunderstood it. They do NOT say that. The guy asked BeoPlay if there was a defected batch but the BeoPlay person did NOT confirm that. BeoPlay only said to try the new unit in the shop to be sure it is not faulty. So, the theory of BeoPlay is that they are single faulty units.
Considering how many people had this problem, I definitely do NOT believe that.
For me it is clear, either ALL production is like that, for design, and they are not planning to do anything about it, or they did actually notice it and will do a better batch, but do not want to say it clearly to avoid massive returns. They keep it silent and just accept each individual return request, as it if was a "defect unit".

About the Senny, I have the PX 200 ii, they sound relatively cold and quite muffled on the bass and low mids, a bit muddy. It is not a real coldness of a v-shape because of this muddy low mids, but it is not warm either.
So, if they sound like the Koss and you like the Koss, what did you not like in the Senny? The Momentum Wireless? Was it the old or the new Momentum?
Did I already tell you that there is a BT Headphone from Koss? If you like Koss so much, you should probably try it. Jude Mansilla, the Admin of Head-Fi (as far as I understood) reviewed them and liked them.
If you do not like warm signatures, you could try the Momentum On Ear wireless, they are apparently a bit more V-Shaped. The Plantronics also.

For Ebay, I suggest you to call the Ebay Buyer Protection or Customer Care of your Country and just ask them how does it work with that item. Generally Ebay considers that products can be opened and returned. How can you find out if the product works well with your devices without opening it?

Sgrunt :) I could already, as said to Kayandjohn.
I know that list, that's why I asked @elektron about the phone he was talking about. Because I saw no phone in that list either.
About the connection issues, it may be related to the low energy protocol of BT 4. And, who knows what will Sony do. I understand what you mean. If the guy of BeoPlay gave me as unofficial answer that the poor range may be wanted to save battery, than Sony could do the same if the LDAC really uses more battery.

Omg - it has been a "couple" of pages since I've last replied, but I was (and still am) overwhelmed by work and my projects (anybody from Czech Rebpulic? ^^) - thx @Giogio for checking on me.

So I was listening on Saturday to BeoPlay H8 and on Monday to Philips M2BT. Starting from H8: I can confirm basically all drawbacks  that were already mentioned by @Giogio (ballons track on cable with ANC on max vol, poor wireless range, boosted bass loosing detail). But also he predicted well that I would like them - I don't listen on max volume, I don't listen do very bassy music, I could accept their wireless range and I could live with loosing Koss-quality bass a little bit. Having said so I was decided to buy them. Brown ones that I've ordered a month ago (sic!) was delayed from Friday to Monday so I had to wait. On Monday I was testing M2BT. Yep, they're not that pretty, well build and comfortable as H8, they lack ANC as well. But bass sounds good as ******. On some tracks I had problem with differentiating bass from them from my lovely Koss - pure awesomeness. In some tracks M2BT boosted bass even a little bit more than Koss! (but nothing unplesant) and yup, sometimes highs got sideways, but again not huge issue for me. 

So it was a choice between ANC, comfort, build quality, design vs bass, bass, better wireless range (but still not perfect) and bass. I was still considering H8 mainly for ANC. But currently M2BT in Poland are on sale for $250 vs $520 that I would have to pay for H8. So today I've finally bought Phillips. I would buy H8 someday in future when I would be ritch as hell and once they fix some rev 1 issues.

Btw. If you have any questions regarding H8 vs M2BT - I can help you. I've tested both of them for hours in store [;
Btw2. I'm an engineer so I coun't refuse to debug BT range on both cans - images attached [; 

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #801 of 3,643

So I am at crossroads right now..

Leaning towards  Plantronics Backbeat Pros.. but your post is making my head explode.. Think it is worth ponying up for the DT Symphony 1 or Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear? I think those 2 are $400... while Plantronics I can get for $250.

Sadly, none of the local stores carry any of them for me to try in person.

Haven't heard the Backbeat Pros so can't really say much there but there have been a few comparisons on this thread between them and the Momentum. Most people seemed to prefer the Momentum. I preferred the Symphony over the Momentum but that one really comes down to just what sort of sound profile you prefer.

Apr 24, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #802 of 3,643
Need serious help so posting in multiple bluetooth threads.

That is hardcore spam, boy.
You even posted in jesse andersen blog.
Where would exactly be this impellent emergency to spam internet with your question instead of choosing one or two places and wait a couple of days for an answer before EVENTUALLY post somewhere else?
There is a thread in this forum which is specific for the mk2.
You find there so many mk2 owners that a post there would be more than enough.
Eventually you can post a question in the Amazon page of that product.

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #803 of 3,643

Oh but the Definitive Technology Symphony 1 are on the way ... I have not finished yet :wink:

Cool, I am eagerly waiting for you review of the Def Tech Symp 1 vs the M2.  
wink.gif

IMO, they are the TOP DOGS!!!

Apr 24, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #805 of 3,643

Haven't heard the Backbeat Pros so can't really say much there but there have been a few comparisons on this thread between them and the Momentum. Most people seemed to prefer the Momentum. I preferred the Symphony over the Momentum but that one really comes down to just what sort of sound profile you prefer.

Thanks. I will just get the Backbeat Pros. $150 extra is too much for the other 2. Maybe when I get a $100,000 job, I will get something even better 
gs1000.gif

Now for bluetooth 4.0 receiver to connect it to pc.. Any suggestions? I saw tons on Amazon. seems the popular ones are Kinivo BTD-400 , Cootree Bluetooth transmitter and receiver 2 in 1 , Avantree Saturn Bluetooth Audio Receiver and Bluetooth Transmitter .. Receiver I don't want to spend more than $50 max

Apr 24, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #806 of 3,643
Is the iOS issue with the Bose something you'd catch in the window of Amazon's return time, or does it creep up over time. I would love that multipoint feature, but the others just seem too big for me, or over $300. Assuming those are out, are the AKG Y45BT's or the Revo's better at blocking out surrounding noise (as far the more portable models go.)

Thanks

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #807 of 3,643

Thanks. I will just get the Backbeat Pros. $150 extra is too much for the other 2. Maybe when I get a $100,000 job, I will get something even better 
gs1000.gif

Now for bluetooth 4.0 receiver to connect it to pc.. Any suggestions? I saw tons on Amazon. seems the popular ones are Kinivo BTD-400 , Cootree Bluetooth transmitter and receiver 2 in 1 , Avantree Saturn Bluetooth Audio Receiver and Bluetooth Transmitter .. Receiver I don't want to spend more than $50 max

I quite like Avantree and their receivers. Good devices, great support and they tell you what mode they are connected in (aptx, SBC). Haven't tried the Saturn itself but know poeple who have the Saturn Pro which is basically the same but with support for aptx LL and no one has had any issues with it. Haven't tried the other ones. I prefer the Avantree to a USB adapter because it connects via auxillary cable which makes them much more versatile. Can take them over to a TV to watch movies or connect them to speakers and stream music from phone wirelessly to them and they don't take up a valuable USB port on the computer.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #808 of 3,643
I'm guessing that you will place the Pendulumic Stance above the Harman Kardon BT but below the AKG 845 BT on that list in your first post that you've revised. I have bets in Las Vegas on this result. Let's see if I win.
smile.gif

Damn, I had forgotten about this.
Did you lose much money?

Well, they are close competitors. But, the Stance have more personality. I would need a real A/B test to go very in-depth, but although the Stance do not excell in the bass extension, performs better than the AKG.
And it is much more present in the mids, without underperforming in the highs.
The detail is comparable, the soundstage better on the Stance.
Both are balanced in different ways.
For me Stance is the winner.
Harman Kardon would actually win if they would be more lively and with more soundstage. Their sound is a bit too flat. But their bass is much more extended.
Without EQ the Stance sound more "right" to me, more well performing overall, than the HK. With EQ the HK win on the bass, but still not on the overall sound.

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #809 of 3,643

Damn, I had forgotten about this.
Did you lose much money?

Well, they are close competitors. But, the Stance have more personality. I would need a real A/B test to go very in-depth, but although the Stance do not excell in the bass extension, performs better than the AKG.
And it is much more present in the mids, without underperforming in the highs.
The detail is comparable, the soundstage better on the Stance.
Both are balanced in different ways.
For me Stance is the winner.
Harman Kardon would actually win if they would be more lively and with more soundstage. Their sound is a bit too flat. But their bass is much more extended.
Without EQ the Stance sound more "right" to me, more well performing overall, than the HK. With EQ the HK win on the bass, but still not on the overall sound.

I appreciate the comparison.   I'm seriously considering the Stance, the AKG K845BT, and the ATH -WS99BT that you rate so highly.  I really like close-in presence as my Grados give, which is what I was expecting of the AKGs (I had the AKG Q701 and found that it offered that transparency).  But the Stance is doing amazingly well at a great price.

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #810 of 3,643

I appreciate the comparison.   I'm seriously considering the Stance, the AKG K845BT, and the ATH -WS99BT that you rate so highly.  I really like close-in presence as my Grados give, which is what I was expecting of the AKGs (I had the AKG Q701 and found that it offered that transparency).  But the Stance is doing amazingly well at a great price.

I have just ordered the M2AEBT and I was going to order the M2OEBT so to make a side to side, adding BBP, ATH, and S1+.
So I do not have the money to reorder the AKG now to make a A/B/C just for you :)
But you can ask me whatever you want about S1+ compared to ATH and I will test it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back