Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Mar 12, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #406 of 3,643
Yeah, your neighbors were complaining about your noise! :smile:

You mean about her noise? :wink:
But I would totally crowdfunding such a product.
Seriously, think about it, how many good ANC headphones are made to suppress the low frequency noise of the Plane Engine and not the high frequency hums of a neighbor couple?

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #407 of 3,643
Thanks for this I'm definitely considering the Pendulumic's as they sound like they tick most of the boxes, however Im really not feeling the design!

Have you had chance to test the Fidelio's for hiss yet? They look good and from what you say they sound great too!

Man are you serious? The Pendulumic are one of the coolest looking Headphones ever made.
There is no other headphone like this.
The main reason why I wanted to have them is because they are unique.
From the design, to the materials, to the feeling, to the owner, and the support... Unique.
And the comfort is much better better than the Fidelio. I mean, the Fidelio are, for me, very comfortable On Ear. But the Pendulumic are more comfortable,

Now, If you like bass a lot, and if want to hear that rumble of bass or as often as possible, the Fidelio will definitely give you more bass, with or without EQ. and of better quality.
But if you do not want the bass to be always present, but just in more boom bang and explosion moments, than the Stance are more for you.
Both are very balanced, with the Fidelio putting a bit more accent on the bass, and the Stance on the mid and low mid.
Both things are good for movies. Fidelio more for action and special FX, Stance for dialogues.
I can perfectly live with the hiss of the Fidelio, but the Stance has got clearly less hiss. I have no idea how much hiss the Fidelio would produce in your TV.
The Stance has better Call quality (if you are interested) and you have the double battery system: besides the incorporated battery, you can also use AAA batteries (2). This is convenient, because if you are in the middle of a move (especially something you cannot pause) and the battery ends, you have the other ones...
Anyway, let me tell you something: you should NEVER buy ONE headphone.
The only way to really understand headphones is to compare them.
Buy always at least two.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #408 of 3,643
i bit bullet and purchase bose soundlink on ear ... i saw a good deal in singapore gumtree .. 
i got it for S$188 only brandnew sealed set.... the person selling got it as freebie on a home theater system.. so selling cheap... 
im happy with it... no skipping... no connection issues....  i used it in the MRT earlier paired with my iphone 6 ... 
last night i use it to watch in my ipad....  all good so far ....

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #409 of 3,643
Man are you serious? The Pendulumic are one of the coolest looking Headphones ever made.
From the design, to the materials, to the feeling, to the owner, and the support... Unique.
And the comfort is much better better than the Fidelio. I mean, the Fidelio are, for me, very comfortable On Ear. But the Pendulumic are more comfortable,

The Pendulumic has a very unique design but things like that are always polarizing. You either love it or hate it. Everyone I've shown then to their first reaction is always either "mad" or "What". I think it is a cool design but people who want something less stand out or more normal looking would not like the look. Neither would the lovers of black electronics.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #410 of 3,643
You mean about her noise? :wink:

But I would totally crowdfunding such a product.

Seriously, think about it, how many good ANC headphones are made to suppress the low frequency noise of the Plane Engine and not the high frequency hums of a neighbor couple?

Why don't you start up the idea. You can advertise it however you wish. :wink: In all seriousness I don't know how far you would get. I remember asking someone in the industry that exact question and they told me that it would be illegal to block out high frequencies only as you would block out things like fire alarms. Not sure if that's the case everywhere though.

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #411 of 3,643
  Trying the Pendulumic right now.
I can see why you like them.
But they are not flawless.
The bass is quite powerful but a bit limited in range, and not particularly clean and detailed. And if you boost it it affects the mids and in part also the highs, making them sound less detailed. So, it does not change much the colour, it does not make things dark or muddy, but less detailed, with a sort of vibrato. I suppose because the bass is a bit boomy and the drivers vibrate too much to keep the control of other frequencies when the bass is dominating.
But used without EQ, out of the box, are really excellent headphones. Very balanced. Still not very detailed, and the soundstage is a bit flat, but overall a very good headphone.
And for my head and ears they are extremely comfortable, among the most comfortable I have ever tried. Very light, very gentle albeit firm clamping and extremely soft pads. Really pleasant.

@Giogio how would you rank the Pendulumic Stance on your list at the very first post of this thread (or any other updated rank ordering, you know, the one that you start with the Fidelio).  Thanks!

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #412 of 3,643
i bit bullet and purchase bose soundlink on ear ... i saw a good deal in singapore gumtree .

Oh that's a good price.
Happy for you.
I'm sorry, i see now that i forgot to answer your other post.
I wonder now why did you choose the bose if you liked the akg more?

The Pendulumic has a very unique design but things like that are always polarizing.

You're right, but considering that he wants them for home, it's more of a personal thing.
I would not mind too much the look for home. Not over the sound.

@Giogio
 how would you rank the Pendulumic Stance on your list at the very first post of this thread (or any other updated rank ordering, you know, the one that you start with the Fidelio).  Thanks!
that I've used to start with the Fidelio.
The list has changed. Actually the post has changed a lot. I've added more info about my testing methodology and ideology.
I'll try to rate them this weakened at least as a provisory rating.

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #413 of 3,643
Oh that's a good price.
Happy for you.
You're right, but considering that he wants them for home, it's more of a personal thing.
The list has changed. Actually the post has changed a lot. I've added more info about my testing methodology and ideology.

well .... i find the Bose more appealing ... anyway sound is not far .. its just that AKG is having more Bass ...
and i cant resist the good offer on Bose.... AKG's price here is S$220 ... while the bose i got it for only S$188 ..... 
honestly i want the sennheiser momentum wireless on ear... but not locally available yet here in singapore...

i have a simple usage requirement...  ... maybe around 1hr on music while on MRT on my way to work  and 1-2hrs on movie / video streaming a day...  
the most important for me is the connection stability and sound quality while on wireless..... 

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #414 of 3,643
Oh, here the akg are much cheaper than the Bose, that's also why i was asking.
And I'm in a similar situation. I've found the ath for home and I'm happy, but i need something portable for bus. I still like the Fidelio more, but they have some annoying problems, are bigger and more expensive.
So I'll go for the akg.

Could you please compare them a bit more, also in the other parts of the sound?

Mar 13, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #415 of 3,643
Oh, here the akg are much cheaper than the Bose, that's also why i was asking.
And I'm in a similar situation. I've found the ath for home and I'm happy, but i need something portable for bus. I still like the Fidelio more, but they have some annoying problems, are bigger and more expensive.
So I'll go for the akg.

Could you please compare them a bit more, also in the other parts of the sound?

ok now im testing more of this bose... i encounter a bit of the hiccups issue... sometimes its totally smooth... sometimes frequent...  i think my happiness is short lived haha 
i use iphone 6 mostly ... but im thinking of getting an ipod nano 7th gen... i dunno if same issue occurs...  
im listening more of one direction songs...  im not good on describing the parts of the sound... but for AKG you can feel the bass more heavy compare to this BOSE ..
and what i like about bose it blocks out 80% of the outside noise... although it not a noise cancelling ... 
im a lady and AKG earcups is just fine with me.... but bose is really comfy no competition on this...  

i went to the store twice to convince myself which one is better sound..... i find AKG make my songs more lively because of the bass maybe... but bose is more balance and simple... 

my friend is willing to buy this bose just incase im not happy with it...  haha....  

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #416 of 3,643
ok now im testing more of this bose... i encounter a bit of the hiccups issue... sometimes its totally smooth... sometimes frequent...  i think my happiness is short lived haha 
i use iphone 6 mostly ...

Can't you return them to the shop?
The problem is, the Bose are famous for this problem with the iOS devices.
I wrote it in my review...
They only work well with android and windows...

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #417 of 3,643
Oh that's a good price.
Happy for you.

I'm guessing that you will place the Pendulumic Stance above the Harman Kardon BT but below the AKG 845 BT on that list in your first post that you've revised. I have bets in Las Vegas on this result. Let's see if I win. :smile:

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #418 of 3,643
I'm guessing that you will place the Pendulumic Stance above the Harman Kardon BT but below the AKG 845 BT on that list in your first post that you've revised. I have bets in Las Vegas on this result. Let's see if I win.
smile.gif

Well, they are surely not at the level of AKG.
Although those looking for a warmer sound would not like the AKG.
And compared with the HK, they sound very similar. The bass of the HK is more able to be boosted with EQ without creating problems to other frequencies.
The S1+ are a bit more lively than the HK.
Otherwise, almost a 1 to 1.
For sure the S1+ have this nice thing of the double battery system. This is quite a plus points.
But they do not sound as good when wired (which is a pity because they have a very nice cable covered in fabric, with mic and play/pause button.
Personally, I would put them on the same level, considering the similar sound, and the pro and cons of each.

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #419 of 3,643

Now, If you like bass a lot, and if want to hear that rumble of bass or as often as possible, the Fidelio will definitely give you more bass, with or without EQ. and of better quality.
But if you do not want the bass to be always present, but just in more boom bang and explosion moments, than the Stance are more for you.
Both are very balanced, with the Fidelio putting a bit more accent on the bass, and the Stance on the mid and low mid.
Both things are good for movies. Fidelio more for action and special FX, Stance for dialogues.
I can perfectly live with the hiss of the Fidelio, but the Stance has got clearly less hiss. I have no idea how much hiss the Fidelio would produce in your TV.
The Stance has better Call quality (if you are interested) and you have the double battery system: besides the incorporated battery, you can also use AAA batteries (2). This is convenient, because if you are in the middle of a move (especially something you cannot pause) and the battery ends, you have the other ones...
Anyway, let me tell you something: you should NEVER buy ONE headphone.
The only way to really understand headphones is to compare them.
Buy always at least two.

Must be a Marmite type thing! : )....not overly keen on the greeny/gold colour and they look a bit cheaply made, I've heard the dial is prone to breaking off as it's just glued on!

Perhaps when they're in the hand they won't look quite as cheap?? but hey it should be more about the sound right!

If I can get the money together I'm thinking of getting the Stance the Fidelio's and to throw in a curve ball the Urbanites!

I'll then have 4 to compare including my current August EP650's.

Can you remember what the Urbanites were like for hiss, I'm sure I read somewhere they had a really clean signal?

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #420 of 3,643
I've heard the dial is prone to breaking off as it's just glued on!

Perhaps when they're in the hand they won't look quite as cheap??

Can you remember what the Urbanites were like for hiss, I'm sure I read somewhere they had a really clean signal?

Yes I have read that, but, did not happen to me yet, so... By the way, the guys at Pendulumic are very professional, if anything happen, you will be covered.
No, they do not look cheap at all. They look vintage. We are just no more used to this kind of look and build.
It's like one of those old Nokia compared to a sleeky Samsung of these days.
But, it is a good old nokia :)

I have written in a separate thread of first impression that the are clean, and I confirm.
THis is the main reason why I have put them so high.
They have a very clean and detailed sound and I do not remember any hiss.
They have strong mids (which is a change of tendency in Sennheiser BT Headphones, which all sounded clinically cold till now). With an accent on low mids.
It should work good for films.
The bass is strong, but for my tastes too tight and somehow dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back