Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Oct 24, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #2,731 of 3,643
The pads have just enough room for my ears, but not much to spare, but the comfort is actually pretty darn good. I actually have worn them for longer than I typically do and while you do get a little warm with them on, it seems a reasonable price to pay for the quality of the P7. I wish I still had my H7 to directly compare, for sure the h7 is a little more comfortable, and going by memory I think the bass was slightly cleaner, but not as impactful. It really depends on what you are looking for, the P7 is the more exciting signature and I think it has a slight edge in instrument separation which may explain how it can feel more exciting. The power difference is certainly significant, and that was my only complaint with the H7, with older material I always wanted more volume, and even sometimes with newer material I could have used just a little more gas. That said the H7 is simply a fantastic headphone and if comfort is a big concern you can't possibly go wrong with it.

I also think that the removable battery in the H7 is an under-appreciated feature. Even if you don't keep it long enough for the battery to be an issue, if you sell it, the prospective buyer knows they can simply get a new battery which is fantastic. I still really think the extra hassle is worth it mate, try both, I know it is easy for me to say, but these are different enough and good enough headphones that simply guessing without hearing will always leave you wondering. I'm also being selfish as I would love to hear from somebody who can compare them side by side like that, certainly would be a head-fi first!

Hmm, interesting. I will definitely consider it. B&O provides 15 days of trying while B&W allows 60 days. Do you think these wireless headphones require any burning in like with wired headphones?

What I'm a bit concerned about is finding a BT adapter that will connect these headphones to my pc so I can try things other than just music, such as movies, flac files and movies. I also would want to compare the mic qualities so I would need an adapter that can both transmit and receive data - only one I found so far that does it while with APTX support is Sennheiser BTD800.. Argh, I am not sure if it will even work with these headphones.. I know p7 has 2 mics while h7 has 1 mic so I am curious how they match up for call quality..

I can try them on my Samsung Galaxy s6 as well. Basically, I would need to figure out music that goes both low and music that goes high in notes to compare bass and treble. Not sure yet.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #2,732 of 3,643
Hmm, interesting. I will definitely consider it. B&O provides 15 days of trying while B&W allows 60 days. Do you think these wireless headphones require any burning in like with wired headphones?

What I'm a bit concerned about is finding a BT adapter that will connect these headphones to my pc so I can try things other than just music, such as movies, flac files and movies. I also would want to compare the mic qualities so I would need an adapter that can both transmit and receive data - only one I found so far that does it while with APTX support is Sennheiser BTD800.. Argh, I am not sure if it will even work with these headphones.. I know p7 has 2 mics while h7 has 1 mic so I am curious how they match up for call quality..

I can try them on my Samsung Galaxy s6 as well. Basically, I would need to figure out music that goes both low and music that goes high in notes to compare bass and treble. Not sure yet.

No burn in to worry about IMO. As for BT adapters, I bought an inexpensive one that I used with movies on Netflix and had zero issues with latency. It is an Azio BT USB dongle that has Apt X, works like a charm was about $39 Canadian.

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2,733 of 3,643
been a while when I followed Bluetooth headphones

so what is the verdict which is the best in the market for best bass, mids, and high and sound stage also that are not harsh at all , in the bleutooth headphones out there

price is not an issue

also I like one that sits tight on the head and does not fall easy from the head as I will be using it doing workout, so it has to have a bit of clamping force

anything that has the conscensus that its the best out there or anything is about to be released that is soon to be released

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #2,734 of 3,643
  been a while when I followed Bluetooth headphones

so what is the verdict which is the best in the market for best bass, mids, and high and sound stage also that are not harsh at all , in the bleutooth headphones out there

price is not an issue

also I like one that sits tight on the head and does not fall easy from the head as I will be using it doing workout, so it has to have a bit of clamping force

anything that has the conscensus that its the best out there or anything is about to be released that is soon to be released

I will nominate the B&W P7 without hesitation. I think it ticks everything you mentioned very well. There is a new audio Technica coming out first quarter 2017 that will be Apt X HD, but frankly I think high rez isn't really worth worrying about, but that is me. The AT will also not use a DAC and feature a direct digital amplification stage so that is interesting, but again, likely irrelevant as the distortion they say is removed by not using a DAC I'm positive is completely inaudible under any real life listening situations.

I think the AT may be an interesting sound signature and it looks nice (go to pocketlink web site for the story). But for what is on the marketplace now I suspect the P7 is very tough to beat.

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,735 of 3,643
  I will nominate the B&W P7 without hesitation. I think it ticks everything you mentioned very well. There is a new audio Technica coming out first quarter 2017 that will be Apt X HD, but frankly I think high rez isn't really worth worrying about, but that is me. The AT will also not use a DAC and feature a direct digital amplification stage so that is interesting, but again, likely irrelevant as the distortion they say is removed by not using a DAC I'm positive is completely inaudible under any real life listening situations.

I think the AT may be an interesting sound signature and it looks nice (go to pocketlink web site for the story). But for what is on the marketplace now I suspect the P7 is very tough to beat.

​p7 looks interesting so shall I assume it sounds better than momentum 2 my grip with momentum 2 was it falls easy of my head when doing some work out, I need to make sure the clamping force is tight and not loose.

I never was a fan of audio technical especially m50 who everyone loved as those to me sounded too metallic, and that is not a signature I like so I do not know if I like audio technical house sound

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #2,736 of 3,643

​p7 looks interesting so shall I assume it sounds better than momentum 2 my grip with momentum 2 was it falls easy of my head when doing some work out, I need to make sure the clamping force is tight and not loose.

I never was a fan of audio technical especially m50 who everyone loved as those to me sounded too metallic, and that is not a signature I like so I do not know if I like audio technical house sound

The P7 holds very securely so fit shouldn't be an issue.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #2,737 of 3,643
  The P7 holds very securely so fit shouldn't be an issue.

​thanks for all the feedback especially I can not try them before buying

and just to double check that it has no harshness and that the bass is good on it

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,738 of 3,643
No burn in to worry about IMO. As for BT adapters, I bought an inexpensive one that I used with movies on Netflix and had zero issues with latency. It is an Azio BT USB dongle that has Apt X, works like a charm was about $39 Canadian.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JAZGSXY/

^ That? Does it activate your onboard mics too on your p7?

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #2,739 of 3,643

​thanks for all the feedback especially I can not try them before buying

and just to double check that it has no harshness and that the bass is good on it

Preferences are very subjective, but I can't imagine anybody finding the P7 harsh, but I suppose it is possible. The bass is exceptional, but I actually do like to dial down some mid-bass just a little (about -3.5db).

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #2,740 of 3,643
  I will nominate the B&W P7 without hesitation.

Got to sample it a few days ago, and I agree. Sounds exceptionally good. A bit too loud in the styling department for my tastes (because I'm an unfashionable old git who prefers his headphones understated) and a tad too pricey when you stop and think about how fast wireless headphone tech is moving these days, and earcups might get too warm in the climate I reside in (was fine trying it in the air conditioned store though), but I've got no complaints about the sound. It walks that line between hifi and audiophile signatures very well.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #2,741 of 3,643
Another nomination for the P7's...frankly the best out there at the moment imo!

Definitely don't sound harsh and they grip nicely without becoming uncomfortable. Not sure I'd want to work out in them though....they're a bit too "posh" for that....not sure they'd appreciate being sweated on!

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,742 of 3,643
No problem, I read your previous post!

Onkyo's have to be imported from Japan to USA I guess and no amazon prime support, I won't risk it with no warranty support. Besides, it is also on-ear. I prefer around-ear!

I think Amazon listings are way overpriced for the Onkyo H500BT.  I got mine at an Inmotion store in the U.S. for $199 (they are all over U.S. airports).  Great deal IMO.  I totally agree with Sonic Defender's description of these headphones--they have a very good build quality and they sound great.  I also found them much more comfortable to B&O offerings which is important for me since Ill wear them for extended listening sessions.  

I use them with my iPhone using Tidal and no amp is needed since they are low impedance.  I've tried them wired and wireless and it's hard to tell the difference though it is there (wired is better).  Despite being on-ear they hold their own with over-ear/larger driver cans and the soundstage is great...not quite as good as an open-back can but close.

By the way, while iPhones don't use AptX they do support A2DP Bluetooth profile and transmit via the AAC codec which is a lossless format.  The Onkyo's are compatible with these profiles/codecs as well as AptX and SBC.

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #2,745 of 3,643
just purchased the P7 wireless

it sounds so dam fantastic

amazing bluetooth headphone 

i am so glad it turned out amazing, as i bought it without auditioning it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back