- Nov 13, 2014
1) First, let me just say that I'm not trying to stop anyone from owning the Parrots. Just making them aware of what to expect.
2) Sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree on weight.
3) And oh yes, they DO need that app. You cannot just charge them, turn them on and go. You need to fiddle with the app first, depending on what you're listening to.
4) Windows Mobile still has users, however few. And some guy had to develop an independent app for that platform for the Zik 2 and 3.
5) And some other guy had to make an app for Mac because Parrot refused to do so, saying "mobile use mainly". Kind of shortsighted IMO
6) I use my BT sets with my laptops besides mobile, and multipoint would be great
7) And am I sure about iOS displaying the BT battery level in iOS? Well yes, because I OWN AND USE several iOS devices
8) maybe I will be trying the H8 too if the Beoplay battery life is that good.
9) Concerning V-Moda. I wouldn't use them for classical or folk either. I'm just saying that if someone wants bass, these are a good option. They do sound acceptable to me
10) I test using my own music and videos that I listen to, so yes, it's subjective
11) I just know V-Modas are a viable alternative. Maybe not my first choice either, but I think they need to be considered.
I was at work and just answered shortly but wanted to clarify some points better now.
And I will use the numbered list because it is more organised, I say it in case you or anybody would feel it as aggressive. Considering the latest trend of misunderstandings on this thread I feel I need to be overly clear.
1) thanks for explaining your intentions, although I had gotten them correctly. Expressing one's opinions to help people making the right choice is the main aim of this thread, it's good that you want to do that. It is the same that I do when I reply to your opinion with my opinion. It's meant to give people more opinion and reach a better objectivity. I kind of said this a few times already. Should be now clear.
2) Why is everybody obsessed with having to agree? Why should people either have the same opinion or just shut up? The essence of life is diversity. Having different opinions is wonderful and desirable. No need to agree, not even to "agree to disagree". Everybody please just say what (s)he thinks, honestly and transparently. As far as nobody says "what the f@ck are you saying you ID-OT" all is ok.
Now, back on track, which part of "no problem for me if they are heavy for you. But it's not objective" felt not reasonable to you?
I though I had left it clear that I find it wonderful if you tell people that the Zik feels heavy TO YOU. This helps people knowing the POSSIBILITY that somebody COULD feel the Zik as heavy.
But when you say "they ARE heavy" you are not helping people, you are misleading them with a subjective feeling expressed objectively.
3) can you make an example of why you feel that you need to use the App EACH time you use the Zik 2? I definitely CAN just charge them, turn them on and go.
4) I see the frustration of Windows Phone owners who really want exactly THIS headphone and cannot get its max potential. I do not understand this decision of Parrot and I also find it questionable. The only reason I can think about is that developing an App for Windows Phones must cost them more than what they suppose they can gain by winning some more customers.
But this does not make of the Zik a bad headphone or a useless headphone in general for everybody. It makes of them a HP which owners of Window Phones may want to avoid. Plain and simple. Saying more is saying too much.
And as you like the CFW, what about the frustration of those who really want THAT HP (ie for its look) and must live with its inferior sound on ANY device other than Apple? And actually only a part of Apple's users can get the max potential of the CFW, the people with an iPhone 6 or a MAC which supports AAC+.
What about the Sony MDR-1ABT and MDR-100ABN, two of the best BT Headphones on the planet in this moment, which imo sound wonderfully with Aptx already, but which supposedly can only reach their max potential (Hi-Res with LDAC) with an Xperia Z5 or the last Walkman?
What about the Samsung Level On Pro which uses the UHQ-BT codec, supposedly similar to Sony's LDAC, and which is only supported by some Samsung Smartphones?
Or the Momentum Wireless, Class 1, wonderful. There is anyway not one single device on the planet which support Class 1. Only the new coming soon Avantree Leaf BT Adapter (which I have ideated).
Or the few Aptx Low Latency HPs. They need an Aptx LL transmitter. No PC, Mac, Smartphone or iPhone can. Only a few BT adapters.
Or, the WONDERFUL, amazing, spectacular XTZ Headphone Divine, maybe the best On Ear BT Headphone on the planet. IF you use it with the App or with the Desktop Software which applies the Dirac corrections. And in this case the App must be running. You cannot just setup the sound and then use the HP wherever you want.
With the Zik you CAN.
Yes, for sure it would be better if the Zik would sound as good without App as they do with the App, and if the App would be needed only for extra stuff.
But I think that there are enough people in this world who own an iPhone or iPad or Android Phone/Tablet, and will be able to enjoy the Zik fully. Many more people than those who in this moment can enjoy the CFW fully, for example.
5) yeah, I also wished an App for Windows a lot. Not anymore for the listening, because as said I only need to setup them ONCE and then I never again change the settings. So I never again need the App, and I can use them with PC with the sound I have setup on the App.
But as a tester/reviewer I find very problematic that to test them with and without ANC and Hall, I need to disconnect them from the BT adapter (I test on PC) and connect them to the Phone. Horrible.
6) I was not saying it is useless. I would also be happy to have it although I do not really need it, and I know many people feel they absolutely NEED it.
I was only saying that the lack of Multipoint is more a subjective lack, not an objective one, because not everybody needs that feature or care about it.
7) we seem to have communication problems. Seems Sonic 2 the revenge.
I have asked something different. I did not ask if you are sure that the iPhone shows a battery level. I suppose you are not hallucinating. I have only asked if you are 100% sure they are showing the REAL or just a guessed battery level. Considering that each headphone has a different battery life, for the iPhone to show the exact battery level of the connected device there should be some communication between iPhone and other device. I have not said this is impossible. I have only said I find it hard to believe because sounds sci-fi to me. But I do not know much of iPhones, so I have asked you for more details. Why is everybody so touchy here lately? Guys take it easy... We are just talking here.
8) maybe, but you may want to get informed about their sound. It is very much different than the H7.
9) yes, their bass is good at moderated volume. Quite uncontrolled and not really pleasant (to me) at max volume. Anyway they can get very loud so the max vol is not often needed.
I also find their sound more than acceptable, for quite a few kind of different music genres.
10) well, it is always subjective, do not worry. Nobody can be really perfectly objective. Because nobody is an object. We all are subjects.
Important is only to separate the "more or less objective" from the "mostly subjective" aspects.
11) yes I support this claim. I have only said that they do not sound as good with acoustic music as they do with Rock and EDM, so that the need to consider them is mostly relative to the personal musical preferences.