HTC Touch HD
Nov 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Agnostic

1000+ Head-Fier
Has anyone heard it?

It looks like a great smartphone and movie player but I couldn't find much reliable info on sound quality.

The only info I found so far is this:
Quote:

Thankfully the standard 3.5mm jack meant switching to a set of Sleek Audio SA6 earphones was easy; they made a far better impression, and when we loaded the smartphone with some 320kbps MP3s (and turned off the equalizer) there was an impressive depth to the sound which, subjective as it may be, we’d compare favorably to that of the iPhone.

Found here on Slashgear.com: HTC Touch HD SlashGear Review: Part 2 - SlashGear

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 27
Really nobody who has heard it or heard anything usefull about SQ?

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 27
Some comments from HD users in this link, but you need to remember, that forum is not catered to audiophiles, and the comments are most likely not very critical about the sound quality. Therefore I suspect it's worse than what they say. Nontheless I plan to buy a HD as I have been a PPC user for almost 10 years.

hows the audio quality on the HD? - xda-developers

On another thread (on XDA), I asked a user who owns both the HD and iPhone, and he said he prefered the SQ from the HD. I noticed that the HD has an equalizer, I assume the stock iphone does not, so that may contribute to his resulting conclusion.

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD can't play ALAC can it?

It will depend on the player. Aside from the built in one from HTC, there is WMP, Coreplayer, TCPMP. You'll have to see if any of them play it, I would check the latter two first.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 27
i cant wait to get this phone on Verizon. they finally get a good smart phone.
wink_face.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #8 of 27
Well I had to renew my subscription and I need a new phone so I just went ahead and ordered. If I don't like the SQ I'll just keep my Ipod or buy a small dedicated player for music.

I'll report in about SQ once I get mine.

Nov 19, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I patiently await your impressions. I expect a full review of the camera too, OK?
wink.gif

I'll see what I can do
smily_headphones1.gif

From the other reviews I read the camera is pretty crappy though. Not that I mind, I'm not planning on seriously using it. Gonna get the Pentax K20D next month I think.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by leebSaMmY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i'd love to read a full review before purchasing.

I'll do my best. This will be my first smartphone though so I don't have much to compare it to.
cool.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #14 of 27
Nope, and it looks like I will have to go to the hospital for surgery to remove a gallstone wednesday. (First of two operations
frown.gif
) Hope I get it before that. At least I'll have something to play with while I recover.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back