HTC now owns 51% of Beats Electronics
Aug 13, 2011 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Phos

500+ Head-Fier
Ideally, this would mean we might have an android phone able to match the unamped audio quality of an iPhone, which would interest me because I'm looking to switch away from iOS, mainly because every year they release a new version that makes the old handsets slow as molasses.  

However, its also possible that the only result will be that the the HTC music player application will have a lowercase B on it.  

They say we'll see the results of this in handsets coming "this fall", which probably means September or October.  

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 5
The only bright side, IMO, is it will increase awareness that there ARE indeed better audio solutions out there than 20usd iPod earbuds...

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Well, that's the hope of Beats in general for us, but it would also be nice if this would improve the actual audio output of HTC's newer devices.  

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Buy a nexus s or some of the other phones the developer supercurio has worked on. He takes phones with a wolfson sound chip and unleashes the chips full potential. Audiophile sound in an android phone :)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back