HTC Incredible (Android) with iPhone-type headsets?
Dec 18, 2010 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SoulSyde

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been searching around a bit for an answer to this question, but I cannot determine if iPhone compatible headsets will work with an Android phone (most important to me, the HTC Incredible).

I haven't really cared about using my phone as a source device until two recent developments in the market:

1.  PowerAMP - Finally a noteworthy music player for the Android platform which has phenomenal EQ control and an intuitive and clean UI.

2.  The upcoming A-Jays Four

From what I've read, I'm confident that the microphone on just about any headset will work on a standard Android phone, but will the buttons work?

Dec 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 11
I am using PoweAMP Full version on my MyTouch 3G Slide with a microphone adapter and DBA-02's. When listening to FLAC's, it's awesome and it's an all-in-one solution that I don't mind having.

It still doesn't replace a dedicated portable source but as an all-in-one solution...I couldn't be happier.

Dec 18, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 11
powerAMP is amazing!!! I love it, but I love my new clip+ w/Rockbox more. Still, this is a fantastic sounding app that FINALLY makes me feel the iPhone is obsolete. Like I'm saying it's IMO - YMMV.

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 11
So my research indicates that the only headsets that will work with an Android phone are ones with only 1-button (i.e. Blackberry-type), not the 3-button (iPhone compatible) type.

MEElectronics and V-Moda both make pretty descent headsets, but both do not have the control button I'm looking for.

Any other recommendations?

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 11
UPDATE:

I purchased the Klipsch S2m headphone/headset and it works well with my HTC Incredible.  This model has one button, which can control the "Start/Pause" feature of many music apps and the microphone works well (although it is not as clear as the on-board mic in the phone).

The S2m's do sound very good.  The nozzle is small enough to work with Etymotic ear tips.  I think the S2m's sound best with the Ety Triple-flange tips.

For as cheap as I got these, I'm very happy with them.

Feb 14, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
UPDATE:

I purchased the Klipsch S2m headphone/headset and it works well with my HTC Incredible.  This model has one button, which can control the "Start/Pause" feature of many music apps and the microphone works well (although it is not as clear as the on-board mic in the phone).

Does the mic on your s2m work on your HTC Incredible?  My Klipsch ProMedia IEM's mic doesn't work on my HTC G2, but its single button does control song playback in mixzing.
I also tried Monster iSoniTalk adapter on my G2, but that mic doesn't work with it either.

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 11
I use the included Samsung branded IEM that came with my Samsung Vibrant plus the trial version of PowerAmp. SQ of this IEM is better than the MeeElectronics M6 I own. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #11 of 11
As far as I know you can control the play/pause with one button but at least on my xperia arc you can also control the next song command by pressing twice (fast). I think Ive read this in a more universal context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back