HTC: Android vs Windows Mobile (Nexus One vs HD2)
Mar 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #31 of 39
ive been debating the

do i get a htc hd2 or htc desire [basically the nexus 1]

i think ive been forced into choosing the desire because from what i gather the HD2 cant run android well even on dual boot and as said, microsoft wont put winmo7 on it, thats so dissapointung,

i wonder how many would have bought the HD2 if it was android? i would have ages ago, HTC have been tards on this one simple as

i really wanted that phone!

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder how many would have bought the HD2 if it was android? i would have ages ago, HTC have been tards on this one simple as

i really wanted that phone!

If the folks at XDA Developers have anything to say about it, there probably will be an Android port eventually.

...might be better to wait for the HTC Supersonic though.

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the folks at XDA Developers have anything to say about it, there probably will be an Android port eventually.

...might be better to wait for the HTC Supersonic though.

i cant wait any longer lol, ive waited long enough for the desire, [my 2 and a half yo iphone is on its last legs] and it will probably be months till its out, havent seen much about it

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #34 of 39
Even if Android is full ported to the HD2, you'll still be limited by the resistive screen.

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #35 of 39
when i tried the hd2 its screen was pretty good tbh but these 'maybes' arent really enough when youre gonna pay for a £25 a month contract, hardware wise that phones a cracker

there really isnt another phone out there thats comparable to the nexus one/htc desire

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if Android is full ported to the HD2, you'll still be limited by the resistive screen.

I'm quite sure the HD2 has a glass capacitive touch screen. Resistive tech can't do multi-touch, a feature of the HD2.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #37 of 39
What no phone has mastered is the navigation itself.

that navigation on most touchscreen phones is a fail compared to iphone ..in which navigating/scrolling/zooming around is so much easier.

whats the point of touchscreen if the touch itself isnt the strength.

i have been using Windows mobile 6.1 based Xperia...and iphone beats it in performance.

saw videos of Nexus one..and scrolling a webpage isnt as smooth as iphone even with faster processor..its somewhat choppy.

also...most touchscreen phones still havent included multi-touch technology which makes the entire surfing the web so much easier (the pinching feature)

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quite sure the HD2 has a glass capacitive touch screen. Resistive tech can't do multi-touch, a feature of the HD2.

Oh you're right, I completely forgot the HD2 has a capacitive screen due to it being a rarity for WinMo phones.

Quote:

saw videos of Nexus one..and scrolling a webpage isnt as smooth as iphone even with faster processor..its somewhat choppy.

I've only seen the iphone/touch and the Zune HD with smooth scrolling browsers. But at least you'll get flash and a larger, hi-res screen.

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #39 of 39
I just went from the Omnia (i910) to the Droid. HOLY COW, Android is stinkin' AWESOME compared to WinMo. By golly I hated that thing. I hated it so much that instead of waiting for 5 months before my upgrade, I spent 400USD more just to be finally rid of that Omnia.

I can't describe how nice it is to be using something other than WinMo now. Plus, this Droid is just insane... it has everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back