HTC and Beats by Dre! Now the world really gets a chance to buy overpriced crap which suppose to be "world class"
Aug 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Arvan

500+ Head-Fier
I read this news today on various gadget blogs/websites...I wounder how this will turn out?

I don´t like beats. And the worst part of me is that i cant stop telling people why they are so overprices and so on bla bla bla..

People just don´t care, and that´t fine if they want to listen to beats, but i have a hard time why people choose to accept mediocre quality when they can have supreme for the same price. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 8
Someone already posted the same exact thing, please search before posting.

Anyways, I think it is a smart marketing move by HTC. Now they are going to attract even more attention, mostly to the younger crowd. It's not like they went and said, "Let's find an audio brand to integrate with our phones that has the highest sound quality!". Beats are the "cool" thing right now and they knew that it would result in more sales. I love HTC phones, the only thing I am pissed about is how this addition may jack up the price a bit.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Someone already posted the same exact thing, please search before posting.

Anyways, I think it is a smart marketing move by HTC. Now they are going to attract even more attention, mostly to the younger crowd. It's not like they went and said, "Let's find an audio brand to integrate with our phones that has the highest sound quality!". Beats are the "cool" thing right now and they knew that it would result in more sales. I love HTC phones, the only thing I am pissed about is how this addition may jack up the price a bit.

Same here.

Its the first time i heard of this. After googling i came across an article on dailytech about it.
This is a direct quote from that article;

"For Beats by Dr. Dre, this represents a critical step in our continued mission to clean up the destruction of audio caused by the digital revolution and re-engineer how sound is delivered so that the consumer feels the music the way that the artist intended."

blink.gif

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 8
"The partnership aims to deliver a full spectrum of sound that replicates what producers and artists hear in the studio on HTC devices."

UGHH really?

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Aren't you guys jumping to conclusions a bit too quickly? Hp laptops implement beats audio (lol...), but I got a pretty nice deal on a quad core laptop with a decent discrete graphics card for under $900. Plus, I'm not sure how many people buy phones without contract, but if you do get phones with contracts, network providers won't raise top tiered smart phones beyond $200-250 anyways.

Plus there's already another thread.......

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 8
The problem is I do buy phones off contract
wink.gif
. Two years is way too long with the advancements being made (Dual-core processors, LTE, etc). I can barely even get by with a phone for one year. I just recently bought a HTC Desire Z from Canada for around $500, the reason it costed so much is because Canada has the only version of that phone with the bands for AT&T 3G. AT&T has crappy phone selection by the way...

I am happy that HTC is still making it through though. Apple is going to war with Samsung, HTC, and others. It's an all out patent war. Apple realizes that Android is a huge threat, so instead of fighting it with better phones on the market, they decide to fight it in the courts. Low blow in my opinion. It makes me hate Apple even more.

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 8
The thing is, what exactly is the supposed nearest goal when it comes to smartphones? Are they meant to be full blown computers miniaturized enough to fit in the palm of the hand? We are already nearing a similar netbook experience on smaller form factor mobile devices, so what's the next step?

How about those manufacturers stop holding back the market and release batteries that can actually last a week of regular use of such devices? And while we're at it, being able to plug and play all and any devices without proprietary software through both wireless and wired connections, for convenience and performance respectively, wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

But then again, that would mean so many hardware generation profits lost because customers would be happier for far longer... *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back