HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Jan 12, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #46 of 501
It can't be the flagship of the year. The smartphone specs are not much better than HTC 10. This phone can't compete with Galaxy S8 etc. Its also way too early in the year for HTC to announce their flagship, never happened before. The HTC 11 will be released in may/june with a jack stick(knock on wood). But for the future we probably have to get used to a USB only.

And audio :confused:. I have no idea either, we will have to wait and see. Similar to I phone 7 maybe? I really like my HTC 10!

I agree. If you look at the comments section on this new review, I even contested what the author is saying. lol 

May/June?! lol Man I hope not. I'm hoping April the LATEST! lol 

I'm ok with the loss of the 3.5mm port. Happy?! NO lol, but OK with it, yes. If HTC does not include an adapter, then I'll just get this one from Amazon. But I'm hoping some third party companies make one like they did for Apple that has both a way to send audio AND charge the phone at the SAME TIME. Someone prob will, but if not, that one I linked will be my backup at least. lol 

I hope it's better than the iPhone 7. I'm sure it's better than Samsung's though, which isn't sayin' much. 
k701smile.gif

Yeah the HTC 10 is a great phone. I have the Sony Xperia X Performance myself. The camera is a lil better on the Sony, but only for zooming in on details. I had the 10 for about a week last June but decided to get the X Perf instead. Right now I have some regret though b/c I thought the Sony would have a great battery like the Z series always did. But this new X series' batteries are the WORST out there it seems after years of being the BEST. The 10's battery isn't the best either, but it appears to be rated at least a notch better than my X Perf. Oh well. lol I could go and buy the 10 now since it seems the DAC on the 11 is better (overall), but at this point, I guess I'll just wait for the 11. 

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #47 of 501
I agree. If you look at the comments section on this new review, I even contested what the author is saying. lol 

May/June?! lol Man I hope not. I'm hoping April the LATEST! lol 

I'm ok with the loss of the 3.5mm port. Happy?! NO lol, but OK with it, yes. If HTC does not include an adapter, then I'll just get this one from Amazon. But I'm hoping some third party companies make one like they did for Apple that has both a way to send audio AND charge the phone at the SAME TIME. Someone prob will, but if not, that one I linked will be my backup at least. lol 

I hope it's better than the iPhone 7. I'm sure it's better than Samsung's though, which isn't sayin' much. :k701smile:

Yeah the HTC 10 is a great phone. I have the Sony Xperia X Performance myself. The camera is a lil better on the Sony, but only for zooming in on details. I had the 10 for about a week last June but decided to get the X Perf instead. Right now I have some regret though b/c I thought the Sony would have a great battery like the Z series always did. But this new X series' batteries are the WORST out there it seems after years of being the BEST. The 10's battery isn't the best either, but it appears to be rated at least a notch better than my X Perf. Oh well. lol I could go and buy the 10 now since it seems the DAC on the 11 is better (overall), but at this point, I guess I'll just wait for the 11. 

OK. They say no HTC 11(or whatever it will be called). One thing is sure HTC is loosing money. But as they also say it will be an uphill battle. I still believe a true flagship will come out later this year, if not it will be cheaper just to close the store right now. Stop making smartphones.

I will miss the 3.5 mm port. Ease of use, no need for any extender, but OK its the future.

Jan 12, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #48 of 501
OK. They say no HTC 11(or whatever it will be called). One thing is sure HTC is loosing money. But as they also say it will be an uphill battle. I still believe a true flagship will come out later this year, if not it will be cheaper just to close the store right now. Stop making smartphones.

I will miss the 3.5 mm port. Ease of use, no need for any extender, but OK its the future.

Well HE said it. He never said HTC announced or disclosed such a statement, so as my comment states, I will not accept his statement as fact until April comes and goes and no news and/or release of the HTC 11. lol 

So yes, I too believe a true flagship will come out too. I would hate to see HTC go down and be remembered for being so stupid as to think this U Ultra PHABLET alone would save them. lol 

Yeah. I don't really agree that it gets in the way or hampers "future innovation". I think it's all crap. lol Apple said the port makes it impossible to make the phones thinner, but damn, how much more THIN do these phones need to get?! lol 

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #50 of 501
I think there's a very good chance the U Ultra has an improved DAC as the 10 did, and maybe better?! In the U Ultra specs it says under audio: Hi-Res audio certified.

Just like the HTC 10 is..........

So I'm going to just assume at this point that the U Ultra ALSO has a dedicated DAC. The real question is, is it an IMPROVEMENT over the 10's awesome dedicated DAC (and dedicated speaker + headphone amps), or is it the same and HTC is just waiting for the 11 to be released to give us an improved DAC? Thoughts?!!

Jan 13, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #52 of 501
when does HTC typically release their flagship? and did they say anything about the htc ultra replacing their flagship line. it does seem to have flagship specs though. 

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #53 of 501
  when does HTC typically release their flagship? and did they say anything about the htc ultra replacing their flagship line. it does seem to have flagship specs though. 

Typically, in April. Some reviews or articles are saying the U Ultra IS the 2017 HTC flagship, while others are saying no. I believe the "others" b/c several articles I've seen come out in the last 24 hours mention an interview with the president of smartphones at HTC where he says the HTC 11 won't happen, but only b/c it will be called something else. More here. Very vague, but still some hope I guess. Still, I have less faith in them. And I DON'T like that since the U Ultra is not coming out until March that it seems HTC won't be releasing the ACTUAL HTC 10 follow-up until later in the year. F waiting, esp when they're being vague, and no clue if it will be another phablet again? Or have too small a battery (U Ultra has a 5.7" screen with only a 3000 mAh battery?! GTFOH lol). 

I decided to give the LG V20 a shot after seeing the int'l version on Amazon selling for only $589 brand new. It's coming on Sunday. Even though I hate phablets, I wanna give it a shot b/c overall it's really a great phone. So we'll see. I may keep it and sell my XP or not. I know the battery life is DEFINITELY better than my XP's. HTC should've kept this U Ultra crap for this summer or something if they're not releasing it 'til March anyway, and instead used Thursday's big event to announce the HTC 10 follow-up. Tired of moron execs at Sony Mobile and HTC making idiotic decisions like this. They want me to hold my breath 'til whenever they release the 10 follow-up with no guarantee I'll even want it? F them. lol 

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #54 of 501
Typically, in April. Some reviews or articles are saying the U Ultra IS the 2017 HTC flagship, while others are saying no. I believe the "others" b/c several articles I've seen come out in the last 24 hours mention an interview with the president of smartphones at HTC where he says the HTC 11 won't happen, but only b/c it will be called something else. More here. Very vague, but still some hope I guess. Still, I have less faith in them. And I DON'T like that since the U Ultra is not coming out until March that it seems HTC won't be releasing the ACTUAL HTC 10 follow-up until later in the year. F waiting, esp when they're being vague, and no clue if it will be another phablet again? Or have too small a battery (U Ultra has a 5.7" screen with only a 3000 mAh battery?! GTFOH lol). 

I decided to give the LG V20 a shot after seeing the int'l version on Amazon selling for only $589 brand new. It's coming on Sunday. Even though I hate phablets, I wanna give it a shot b/c overall it's really a great phone. So we'll see. I may keep it and sell my XP or not. I know the battery life is DEFINITELY better than my XP's. HTC should've kept this U Ultra crap for this summer or something if they're not releasing it 'til March anyway, and instead used Thursday's big event to announce the HTC 10 follow-up. Tired of moron execs at Sony Mobile and HTC making idiotic decisions like this. They want me to hold my breath 'til whenever they release the 10 follow-up with no guarantee I'll even want it? F them. lol 

Congrats on the LG V20 :). I don't think you will be disappointed and agree about the big size. At the moment it's the best out there. If the V20 was available in Europe I would buy it.

I have been satisfied with the V10 and as far as I can see the V20 is better in all aspects. Battery life in V10 is not very good but should be better in V20.

Your next purchase will be headphones with impedance over 50 ohm :).

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #55 of 501
Congrats on the LG V20
smily_headphones1.gif
. I don't think you will be disappointed and agree about the big size. At the moment it's the best out there. If the V20 was available in Europe I would buy it.

I have been satisfied with the V10 and as far as I can see the V20 is better in all aspects. Battery life in V10 is not very good but should be better in V20.

Your next purchase will be headphones with impedance over 50 ohm
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks. I'm not 100% sure I'm gonna keep it, but it's very likely. The cons of keeping it and selling my Xperia X Performance are the phablet size of the V20 and also the camera on my XP is prob at least SLIGHTLY better. lol But the V20 is better than the XP in every other way, including audio, second screen option, and BETTER battery life. Not sure on display. Sony MAY be better there, but not sure. I will kinda miss the side Power button having the fingerprint sensor in it, but having the button on the back is STILL better than it being on the front. lol 

I REALLY wanted the V20S that was announced a couple mos ago, which was basically a 5.2" V20 WITH waterproofing (and SAME DAC) included. It was to be a European exclusive, and was said to be compatible with the U.S. GSM network technology. But it's been 2-3 mos and NO new word on it, so I'm guessing they changed their mind. Morons. LOL 

Yeah my cousin (lightforce) has the V20, and we both noticed it has better battery life than my XP. 

Haha..............I LOVE my AKG K551s (32 ohm), so that's unlikely. But if I did, it would prob ONLY be the upcoming closed-back (42 ohm) Blue Sadie (with built-in all-analog amp AND improved comfort and sound quality over its predecessor, the Blue MoFi), or else the open-back (62 ohm) AKG K702, but that's a lot less likely as I like to listen to my headphones on the train a lot, so open-back won't do there. lol 

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #57 of 501
  youre gonna get the lgv20 but not the xz come on man. 

xd congrats anyways it seems like a decent phone if you can get past the size. 

lol...................well I'm gonna try it out for 2 weeks.

Thanks aertus. Yeah I dunno about the size but I'm gonna TRY. The XZ..............doesn't seem like the battery life on the XZ was much better than my XP from what I've seen. I compared my $299 Oppo HA-2 amp/DAC to my XP and my cousin's LG V20, and I could tell a difference vs. my XP, but vs. the V20, both my cousin and I couldn't tell a difference. In 2014 Sony Mobile was the BEST for smartphone audio, but in 2016 and 2017, it doesn't seem that way anymore. Ironically, in 2014, LG was the WORST for audio. But they came A LONG way since then. Sony on the other hand....................I've been told the XZ has the same audio technology as the XP, so I can't say I was expecting much from the XZ. So that's kinda why I'm giving the V20 a shot. I REALLY wanted to get the HTC 11, but HTC is being dumb like Sony Mobile is, and I have NO guarantee the HTC 11 or whatever it will be called will be coming out anytime soon AND if it will even be something I'd wanna get anyway. HTC SHOULD'VE released the U Ultra and U Play in the summer, and used the event on Saturday to announce the HTC 11 (whatever it will be called), but they dropped the ball BIG TIME. The U Ultra and U Play won't even get released 'til March, so what was the point of announcing them? People want full-fledged flagships. A 5.7" phone with only a 3000 mAh battery? F that. lol The U Ultra is nice but not nice enough. 

We'll see what happens. lol

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #58 of 501
I think its prob cuz the htc10 didn't so as well as they expected so I'm pretty sure they are replacing the htc11 with something else and calling it something else.  Its either the htc ultra or something else they will announce later on.

I've found battery life on the sony phones to be inconsistant with people. I have a friend who said the battery life on the XZ is better than his s7edge and that's him actually using both phones on a daily basis so idk. I think it's worth giving it a try amazon always has good return policies. 

yeah I wouldn't doubt the lgv20 sound quality it does have quad dac afterall. but LG really needed something depserate as the lgg5 was just awful. Officially ugliest phone i've seen in recent memory. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #59 of 501
  I think its prob cuz the htc10 didn't so as well as they expected so I'm pretty sure they are replacing the htc11 with something else and calling it something else.  Its either the htc ultra or something else they will announce later on.

I've found battery life on the sony phones to be inconsistant with people. I have a friend who said the battery life on the XZ is better than his s7edge and that's him actually using both phones on a daily basis so idk. I think it's worth giving it a try amazon always has good return policies. 

yeah I wouldn't doubt the lgv20 sound quality it does have quad dac afterall. but LG really needed something depserate as the lgg5 was just awful. Officially ugliest phone i've seen in recent memory. 

Yeah. The HTC U Ultra is NOT going to be the HTC 10's successor, even though some articles stated this. It's just a matter of time until HTC releases that phone, but I don't know if it's going to be what I want at this point. But we'll see. In the meantime, the V20 just came in today (Sunday) so I'm gonna give it a couple weeks to see if it works for me or not. So far, I will say that I like how light it is. Not even sure if I really need a case or not with the military grade body. 

Well the XP I still have is the SECOND one from Amazon, and so I've already been through all that. The first one was very defective, so I'm glad I switched it out. I am not as interested in the XZ as I am the V20 b/c I no longer have much faith in Sony Xperia's battery life. 

I dunno, I don't think it's ugly at all. I think the camera on the XP and XZ is maybe slightly better, but from what I can see, as long as flash is used, the pics it takes are pretty solid. Well if the Quad DAC was LG's solution to a "desperate situation", then they certainly seem to do well under pressure! LOL It really is something. The fact that it can match my $299 Oppo HA-2 where the XP couldn't says a lot to me. I think the Google Pixel is more boring-looking than most phones. 

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #60 of 501

Yeah. The HTC U Ultra is NOT going to be the HTC 10's successor, even though some articles stated this. It's just a matter of time until HTC releases that phone, but I don't know if it's going to be what I want at this point. But we'll see. In the meantime, the V20 just came in today (Sunday) so I'm gonna give it a couple weeks to see if it works for me or not. So far, I will say that I like how light it is. Not even sure if I really need a case or not with the military grade body. 

Well the XP I still have is the SECOND one from Amazon, and so I've already been through all that. The first one was very defective, so I'm glad I switched it out. I am not as interested in the XZ as I am the V20 b/c I no longer have much faith in Sony Xperia's battery life. 

I dunno, I don't think it's ugly at all. I think the camera on the XP and XZ is maybe slightly better, but from what I can see, as long as flash is used, the pics it takes are pretty solid. Well if the Quad DAC was LG's solution to a "desperate situation", then they certainly seem to do well under pressure! LOL It really is something. The fact that it can match my $299 Oppo HA-2 where the XP couldn't says a lot to me. I think the Google Pixel is more boring-looking than most phones. 

well like i said, my friend whose used it said it has better battery life than the s7 so Idk people have different experiences with them. 

Pixel doesn't win anything in the design department for sure the dual tone look in the back is just bad idk why any thinks thats a good design. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back