HPA-1 vs HPA-2 Amp?
Jul 22, 2001 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 8
Do you mean the Wheatfield Audio HA-1 and HA-2 ?

HA1.jpg

frontbig.GIF

Jul 22, 2001 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 8
the HA-1 is supposed to be more solid state like, while the HA-2 is more tubey.

that is, if you're talking about Wheatfield amps

I really don't know about the Holmes Powell amps, though.

Edit: Grado HPA amps?? hmm... i don't know if anyone will know about them

Jul 22, 2001 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 8
beats the hell out of me
wink.gif

on headwize this post posted in 98' :

Quote:

Grado is getting ready to release a portable headphone amplifier (tentatively called the RA-1), which will debut at the CES in January 1999 and ship shortly thereafter. Based on the design of the HPA-2 amplifier (now discontinued), it is housed in a case machined from a single block of mahogany, measures 5" x 5.5" x 1" and runs on two 9V batteries. The front of the box has a volume control, headphone jack and an LED power indicator. The back has RCA inputs and a power switch. The MSRP is $350.

But, other than that and a few old posts in Headwize, I never heard anything more of the HPA-2.

Why do you want to know?

Jul 23, 2001 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 8
Because Vka is insane.

But seriously, if anyone would know, I think it would be Renaud Dreyer from Headwize.

Can anyone confirm my theory that the HPA-2 was a replacement for the HPA-1? I really don't think that their relationship was analogous to the RS-1 and RS-2 relationship; it seems to me more like perhaps the HPA-2 replaced the HPA-1 with better parts or a new design. I only think this might be so, because the HPA-1 wasn't around when the HPA-2 was discontinued; also, it just seems strange to me that Grado may have made two almost similar headphone amps at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back