HP touchpad sound quality (I know, beats audio but stay with me)
Sep 2, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #46 of 58

Quote:
**** Straight it isn't a darn iPad 2!

The touchpad has a fun OS! :D

I do like my new toy tho,....

Now, about that DSP Manager,....I may have to investigate!!! Thanks for the screen shot Byakushiki!!!

Cheers to you BOTH!!! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #47 of 58
Guys, Audiophile HD Pro is FREE with promo code ebmxr53816hugpb. Not sure how many redemptions are left, but do hurry!

6-band equalizer (+-10dB), crossfade and gapless playback, support for: .ra, .3gp, .aac, .als, .m4a, .mp1, .mp2, .mp3, .mpg, .ogg, .ors, .ram, .wav, .wma, .flac

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #48 of 58

Quote:
Guys, Audiophile HD Pro is FREE with promo code ebmxr53816hugpb. Not sure how many redemptions are left, but if you need some DSP do hurry!

Thanks for the tip. Just snagged a copy.
beerchug.gif

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #50 of 58
I'm currently loading my "Heavy Metal Magazine" .CBR files on to read - I've got a HUGE Kindle & comic book reader here,...I luv it!!! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #51 of 58
I tried a friend's touchpad with my LCD 2 Rev 2s as well as my Reshelled TF10s, decent sound but nothing to shout about.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #55 of 58
I'll trade my 32gb HP touchpad, official case, and touchstone charger for an android tablet. All are in excellent condition. Please pm me if anyone is interested. I'd love an htc flyer btw.

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #56 of 58
I just installed Spotify (Premium) on my Touchpad yesterday and at first found the SQ to be pretty poor and distorted but a few hacks later and it's not too bad at all.

http://gdgt.com/question/want-to-install-spotify-on-your-hp-touchpad-frs/

This is essential, I could not get enough volume to drive my headphones without it.

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-homebrew-apps/304265-touchvol.html

And turn off Beats Audio, and don't forget to change the Spotify preferences to HQ steaming and syncing.

All in all, a nice little gadget to explore some new tunes. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #57 of 58
Has anyone here successfully implemented USB Audio on their WebOS Touchpad?  Someone on WebOS Nation apparently had this working last year (see post #402 here and blog here), but I can't seem to find any recent details on how to fully implement USB Audio on a Touchpad.  I have USB host working, so I can connect several USB devices (ie. hub, keyboard, thumb drive) via the USB port, but I'm looking for specifics on how to implement USB Audio so I can connect an external USB DAC.  I'd also like to avoid having to install the CyanogenMod for fear of bricking my Touchpad, but will if no other WebOS based alternatives exist.  Any pointers to additional information on implementing USB audio would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #58 of 58
I honestly have no idea how my experiences could be so far off from everyone else's around here. The audio on the HP Touchpad - yes, with the Beats off - through the headphone jack is, frankly, terrible, at least when used as a line level device.

I've owned it for over 3-4 years now and it's been sitting in storage since I've never been able to find a USB audio solution. The headphone jack is really *that* unuseable for me. I wanted to use it as a source feeding into my home stereo (i.e. not as a portable source as many here are), but the sound is bland, lacking in dynamics (almost *sounds* like there's a gain-staging problem), and really not clear at all. Also, the output is extremely low which seems to be a limitation of the hardware. For efficient headphones this won't be a problem, and the speakers are at least useable for what they are. But I wouldn't even use it as a source for my mother's home stereo.

I don't think I'm saving anyone's time with this post since the Touchpad is pretty outdated, but I imagine most devices out there now will have better sound quality. My Samsung S4 does fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back