HP-1000
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

OK Johansen

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
38
Likes
0
Hi,

I put a WTB for HP-1000 in an online Norwegian Hi-Fi forum three days ago without having too high hopes. But, yesterday a guy sent me an e-mail saying that he would consider selling his pair. They are in good condition. He is going to take some pictures and send to me tomorrow. They have the Ultra-Wide Bandwith Reference Cable. My question is; Is $1K an okay price regardless of whether it's HP-2 or HP-3?
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 29

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 16, 2005
Posts
4,368
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by OK Johansen
Hi,

I put a WTB for HP-1000 in an online Norwegian Hi-Fi forum three days ago without having too high hopes. But, yesterday a guy sent me an e-mail saying that he would consider selling his pair. They are in good condition. He is going to take some pictures and send to me tomorrow. They have the Ultra-Wide Bandwith Reference Cable. My question is; Is $1K an okay price regardless of whether it's HP-2 or HP-3?



It is a good price, regardless.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 29

Gabe Logan

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Posts
1,393
Likes
11
Depends on the defeniton of good condition to some people.I personally would do it if they look as described in the upcomming pictures as you can sell them off here if they are not your tastes.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 29

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Posts
14,153
Likes
67
I've always read that the hp-3 was a noticeable step back from 2/1?
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #5 of 29

PsychoZX

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 6, 2005
Posts
3,099
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I've always read that the hp-3 was a noticeable step back from 2/1?


I think the only difference is that it's drivers aren't as closely matched.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 29

Gabe Logan

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Posts
1,393
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I've always read that the hp-3 was a noticeable step back from 2/1?


That's what i have heared too.Maybe that's why i have not seen anyone here who ownes an HP-3.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 29

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Posts
14,153
Likes
67
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
I think the only difference is that it's drivers aren't as closely matched.


But what about the sound differences?
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 29

OK Johansen

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
38
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
That's what i have heared too.Maybe that's why i have not seen anyone here who ownes an HP-3.


Only 50 HP-3 were made out of the 1000 HP-1000.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #10 of 29

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Posts
14,153
Likes
67
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I'd buy an HP3 over an hp2 or hp1, honestly, as long as the box comes along iwth it.


Why? Due to the rarity, or have you heard it and think it sounds better? Inquiring minds wish to know. (there's so little info about hte HP1Ks nowadays)
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #11 of 29

bozebuttons

Co-organized 1st International HF Meet (NY 2006)
Godfather of Babylon
Joined
Mar 29, 2002
Posts
4,015
Likes
211
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I've always read that the hp-3 was a noticeable step back from 2/1?



The Hp3 is not that much of a step back,The only thing I notice is my HP1 seems to have a little more bass,the hp3s seem a little more open sounding,But that may be do to driver wear,Yes I own both & they both have the ultra bandwith cable.Don't be shrugging off those HP3s.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 29

bozebuttons

Co-organized 1st International HF Meet (NY 2006)
Godfather of Babylon
Joined
Mar 29, 2002
Posts
4,015
Likes
211
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
I'd buy an HP3 over an hp2 or hp1, honestly, as long as the box comes along iwth it.


I have a mint pair of HP3s with the box & no I am not giving them up,they have been to a couple of NY meets at Grado Labs,but have been retired from meet duty due to there condition,want to keep it that way.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #13 of 29

milkpowder

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Posts
8,496
Likes
18
What is the HP-1? There are weird polarity switches on the drivers.

I hope that one day, I will be able to buy a pair of HP-1000, no matter HP-1, 2 or 3.

$1K to me sounds like a bargain. They usually go for $1-1.3k.

EDIT: pricing has been adjusted.
 
Mar 6, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #15 of 29

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Posts
3,592
Likes
45
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
$1K to me sounds like a bargain. They usually go for $1-1.5k, never any less.


Matey, I saw the error you put in my W2002 for sale thread, and you've made a similar error here. You really ought to establish a bit more of an expertise in prices before making such statements.

Best regards,

-Jason
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top