How's your MLB team doing?
Jul 23, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #16 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
What can I say?? For a change, it's a good time to be a Detroit Tiger fan.
biggrin.gif

It's about time. My Yankees pwned them though. The Tigers should do well in the playoffs if they remain healthy.

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
The Yankees are doing alright..still in both the division and wild card race.

E-Rod stirkes out 4 times most in crucial situations. What's new
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

j/k..actually, im sick and tired of all the A-Rod bashing..especially from our own yankee fans.

I think it's funny how Yankee fans can't identify a good player when they see one. A-rod is easily the best player and SS on your team and the second best player in MLB. I suppose that merely indicates how far Yankee player evaluation has plummeted (good luck making the playoffs this year, btw! 'Cuz you won't, with your pitching and p*ss-poor management...)

Maybe if you moved A-rod over to SS in place of the iron-footed Derek Jeter, you might also have a SS who could field!

-Matt

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 184
My jays are doing well since the Shea-fiasco reared it's head.

Doing well today too, we'd be looking at a sweep if it wasn't for very very VERY poor bullpen decisions yesterday.
mad.gif

Is it too late for Fransisco Rodriguez to hand over his nickname to Alex?

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #19 of 184
I live in Vancouver, BC, so being Canadian I am a Blue Jays fan, but I'm also close to Seattle so I'm a Mariners fan.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I really think the Jays could have picked up a starting pitcher for Hillenbrand before they designated him for assignment. After that, the best they got was a setup reliever. At least they got something decent for him. The Jays could go on a good run if they get Chacin back in the rotation soon, Rios back in RF, and Glaus stops slumping.

Also, if they aren't going to play Adams at 2B (currently riding the pine), they really need a 2B or SS. A good pickup would be Julio Lugo, Mark Grudzielanek, or Craig Counsell. Lugo seems the most likely, as the Jays want a solid defensive SS, and want to keep Aaron Hill at 2B (played the first half at SS).

All the fans keep wanting to trade Eric Hinske, but he is valuable as a bench player. He can DH/RF/1B/3B and is a solid bat against righties (.298avg, .573slg, .379obp).

As for the Mariners, they really need to get rid of Carl Everett. They aquired Edguardo Perez who would make a good DH, but he's blocked by Everett. It's still hard to see right now if they should be buyers or sellers, as they are below .500, but only 5.0 GB of the division lead.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 184
The starting pitching market is basically Zito then the Josh Towers' of the world. It would cost us a fortune for Zito and most other pitchers out there just aren't better than what we have, or are worth the risk.
Unfortunatly.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #21 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
The starting pitching market is basically Zito then the Josh Towers' of the world.

The Jays definitely aren't in the market for a top pitcher like Zito. I think they would do well picking up a No. 4/5 starter like Mark Redman, Kyle Lohse, Cory Lidle, or Ryan Franklin considering how short they are on pitching. The Cardinals are supposedly looking for a bat, and Jeff Suppan may be available.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #22 of 184
Franklin is horrible, always has been, 2006 aside Lohse has been worse than Josh Towers and he's making 5 million. Lidle we already tried that.
wink.gif

Redman, I don't even want to go there.
redface.gif

Basically there's nobody out there for a bottom rotation starter who's better then what we already have in Janssen/Taubenhiem/Marcum/etc.

It'd be easier to just go out and pick up a power bat, and cheaper. Screw pitching, we'll just go out and score 15 runs a game.
biggrin.gif

edit - Jays/M's next series eh? I don't think we'll be very good friends for a few days.
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #23 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
I'm a Mets fan. Been waiting for this for a long time. This is the best Met team since the mid 80's. The pitching isn't as good, but I think the young guys they have on their staff now have great potential.

I'm a very happy Mets fan.

Wooo!
biggrin.gif
And John Maine is great! If Pelfrey can steadily improve, or Bannister ever comes off the DL they might actually have a rotation!

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #25 of 184
Ughhhh. Terrible. Phillies are on a losing streak recently, 13.5 out, and are about to start a massive crusade to get rid of all their veterans and lower their payroll, effectively starting the team over with a bunch of new guys. Its gonna be a long couple years.

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #26 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
Basically there's nobody out there for a bottom rotation starter who's better then what we already have in Janssen/Taubenhiem/Marcum/etc.

It'd be easier to just go out and pick up a power bat, and cheaper. Screw pitching, we'll just go out and score 15 runs a game.
biggrin.gif

I really think there are better pitchers to be had than Janssen/Marcum, etc. Taubenhiem is on the DL right now too. It would make sense to add some depth down the stretch.

Another power bat? I don't think that's what the Jays need. Every position is loaded with offense except for SS. Plus do you see Hinske's numbers against right handers? If anything, I guess the Jays could potentially need a DH type player to send out against lefties.

Really the only glaring hole they have though is a 4th/5th guy in the rotation.

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #27 of 184
I'm also a Yankee fan but today's thrashing and losing 3 of 4 with Toronto is very disappointing.
confused.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #28 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulllaser
I'm also a Yankee fan but today's thrashing and losing 3 of 4 with Toronto is very disappointing.
confused.gif

Yeah they need some pitching badly. Toronto is a very good team, at least the Yankees are not losing to the Royals.

Jul 23, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #29 of 184
I bet you could guess my favorite team. They are playing horrible and haven't won a World Series in about 98 years. I guess it's kinda obvious
icon10.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #30 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruffryder7447
I bet you could guess my favorite team. They are playing horrible and haven't won a World Series in about 98 years. I guess it's kinda obvious
icon10.gif

It's o.k., at least their fans are loyal...in a weird, cynical, withdrawn, pathological sense...and you have a large support group in the midwest...
tongue.gif

And AT LEAST the Northies didn't start worshipping the ChiSox last year...so you can hold onto your dignity and self-respect, to a certain extent...and at least you aren't the Royals...so there's a lot to look up to with your team...sort of.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back