How's these impressions? Deep enough? Good Shape?
Jan 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Seekky

500+ Head-Fier
Sending them out tomorrow. For Custom MH1C
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
First time, so i was a little afraid during the process. It's hard to place that cotton ball and knowing how deep it goes.

You did them yourself? I only trust Audiologists only because I can't seem to trust myself 
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
First time, so i was a little afraid during the process. It's hard to place that cotton ball and knowing how deep it goes.

It's very hard to minimise jaw movement when doing your own impressions!  This is key.  Depth and shape look fine, but whether the impressions has actually captured a suitable ear mould, we are unable to tell.

Also, you only get one set of ears!  We are totally bewildered as to why anyone would risk their hearing to save $50.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #10 of 16
Don't know how helpful this will be but this is a pic of my impressions that I sent to Dave at Frogbeats. He initially questioned whether they were deep enough but thought they would be acceptable so I sent them off. The impressions were done by an audiologist but these where the first CIEM impressions he had done.

FWIW,

O.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

It's very hard to minimise jaw movement when doing your own impressions!  This is key.  Depth and shape look fine, but whether the impressions has actually captured a suitable ear mould, we are unable to tell.

Also, you only get one set of ears!  We are totally bewildered as to why anyone would risk their hearing to save $50.

I laughed a few times during the process lol and i felt those putty popped out a little, not sure if that's the case.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #12 of 16
Actually i don't want them to be too deep. I like having a little more space in the ear canal and having a wider sound stage(am i correct?).

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Actually i don't want them to be too deep. I like having a little more space in the ear canal and having a wider sound stage(am i correct?).

No. The depth of the CIEM doesn't exactly correlate to the soundstage. If anything, it reduces bass if the fit is more shallow, but that all depends how tight the fit is. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

No. The depth of the CIEM doesn't exactly correlate to the soundstage. If anything, it reduces bass if the fit is more shallow, but that all depends how tight the fit is. 

Anyways, this is my first pair of CIEM.
I will see how they feel when they final comes in.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
Anyways, this is my first pair of CIEM.
I will see how they feel when they final comes in.

Just saying, this is what leads to CIEM's getting a bad reputation for being difficult.

You guys need to understand that the single most important thing is the quality of the ear impression and that comes down to whether you followed your manufacturers requirements exactly, and re-took your ear impressions if there was ANY doubt.

A one week wait to have the impressions taken again by a professional, or the social awkwardness of asking your audiologist to take your impressions AGAIN for the FIFTH time....is NOTHING compared to how you will feel when they come back to you in a months time, fitting and sounding like garbage.  A great impression is KEY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back