Hows the quality of music in the IPOD Nano's or Video?
Mar 28, 2006 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jesse40902

100+ Head-Fier
Does these two players (nano and video) produce good sounds with high kbps ( 320+) and with a good headphone....

Does it produce good enough sounds for audiophile ears?

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 10
I have the video, it's alright. Sound is acceptable, just remember to ditch the stock buds. They are somewhat decent, but not head-fi worthy.

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Sound is acceptable, just remember to ditch the stock buds. They are somewhat decent, but not head-fi worthy.

What a great statement. Far too often people crap all over those ibuds. Using them every night to fall asleep, I don't mind that at all actually. Of course I like other phones far more but still, nothing to scoff at at all. They are the best buds I have heard included in a setup save for the Senns that came with my Rio Karma.

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 10
The iPod buds are slightly bigger than many standard buds, and this causes some people to wedge them in at non-optimal angles. The majority of people who're complaining bitterly about the iPod buds do not have them in properly because their ears do not accomodate it. I've mentioned this a few times. If they do fit you properly, they have an unfatiguing fairly well-balanced sound. If they don't they'll sound distinctly tinny yet non-extended. I would not be caught dead with them, but I also think they're OK... if they fit.

That aside, the iPod Video / Nano provides sound quality that's on a par with most of today's better DAPs, and better than some. The EQ doesn't work, but portable EQ's and audiophile are usually mutually exclusive.

Mar 29, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 10
I have my music encoded with LAME mp3 -V 2 --vbr-new (170-210) and I use UE Super fi. 3. I defaintly enjoy the sound alot. I've also hear the nano used with Super fi. 5 pro as well as shure e2c. Sounds no better or worse than most other DAPs. I've heard the creative micro photo, iriver u10, iriver H10 and the Cowon A2 (I own one). The only DAP where i noticed a differeance was the A2 (a little more life to the music). Other wise they sounded about the same.

Mar 30, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #10 of 10
I heard that the Radio remote has better sound quality than the iPod Video or Nano. Maybe due to better DAC.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back