How to wear IEMs with backpack
Feb 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

discombobulation

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, sorry if this seems like a stupid question but...
I know that you can wear the W3s behind your head with the wire running down your back, I recently tried this and found it very comfortable.
However, how do you wear it like this if you carry a backpack? The backpack compresses the wire and ends up adding strain to the cable. Is there a solution?

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 14
either put your source in the backpack and have the cable run out to your ears, or you can try running the cable down the backpack strap to your pocket so that the weight of the pack doesnt stress the cable. My pack has a headphone cable hole in the top, so i just run my headphones out of that and let my ipod bounce around in my bag.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Erm, you can wear the cable over your ears and stll have the cable in front of you...

I meant having the cable running down your neck and then down your back, ie. the Y is resting on the back of your neck, not in front of you. This means the cable doesn't get in your way...but it gets tugged by the backpack obviously.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put it in your backpack

Don't really want to, since I'd like to have access to my iPod to change songs or whatever. Plus I'm at uni so my backpack is on and off every other minute so it just makes sense to have it in my pocket instead.

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 14
how bout wiring the cable through your shirt and having the cable and pmp come out the bottom? back or front: no matter. that is how i do it when on my bike even with backpack. i know uni can be mad so having the cable up front is ... scary sometimes but under the shirt may work for you: i did it that way many many years

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a shirt clip and run the wire under your right or left sleeve, use the shirt clip at the end of your sleeve to keep the wire in place.

Great idea, I am gonna do that. Although, it would not work in the summer, who cares?

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by discombobulation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant having the cable running down your neck and then down your back, ie. the Y is resting on the back of your neck, not in front of you. This means the cable doesn't get in your way...but it gets tugged by the backpack obviously.

i know, but i don't get why you want to wear it at the back. why not wear the cable in front? you can still wear it around ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back