How to use a DAC
May 7, 2013 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IAmThePhag

New Head-Fier
i know this sounds stupid, but i bought a fiio e17k amp/dac combo. i got it to work with my computer through the usb port but everytime i play a song it goes through windows media player, im not sure if its normal or i havent done something right to get the DAC going. help would be much appreciated :)

May 7, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #2 of 3
E17 or E07K? If it is E17, then make sure you already select USB on the 'input' of the DAC. If it is E07K, no need to do anything else.

Right click on the 'volume control' on the lower right corner of desktop , select 'Playback Devices' (or go to control panel and select 'Sound'). Find E17 / E07K in the list, choose 'Set Default'.

Done.

May 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
E17 or E07K? If it is E17, then make sure you already select USB on the 'input' of the DAC. If it is E07K, no need to do anything else.

Right click on the 'volume control' on the lower right corner of desktop , select 'Playback Devices' (or go to control panel and select 'Sound'). Find E17 / E07K in the list, choose 'Set Default'.

Done.

Thanks for the reply i ended up working this one out for myself. i wasnt sure if i need to do something myself, because it sounds better when used as an amp for my htc one x compared to a DAC when on my comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back