How to spot fake Beats Pros?
Jul 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

iAmSofaKing

New Head-Fier
Before i begin i know i will get flamed for bringing up Beats on this forum but im really set on the Pros and like the aesthetic it comes with it.

So my question is, is there a way to spot fake Beats Pros?

One thing i noticed from watching unboxing vids on youtube is that the real one's cleaning cloth comes folded in half as opposed to the ones on Kijiji where they are smaller and arent folded in half..

Any more suggestions?

Since im at it, would you reccomend and headphones good for Hiphop songs (Bass/Reble) for around $200, ive been hearing good things about Grados and Sennheiser's but im not too familiar with those brands.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 18
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/485532/fake-monster-beats-studio-hd-here-is-how-to-tell-a-real-from-a-fake

oh you said pro.
well i dunno.  one way to prevent it is to make sure you buy from an authorized dealer.  or at least someone with high rep on ebay.

ebay's buyer protection is solid as too.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 18
If they sound good they're fake.

HAR HAR 
deadhorse.gif

Say no to Grados for hiphop in general. They definitely sound good with it, but lack the sub bass to make songs sound complete.

Jul 18, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 18
Under $200 you have the Audio Technica Pro700 MK2 and the Denon D1100. Those two have the most bass unamped. The Pro700 MK2 has slightly more overall bass quantity. It's like a refined XB500 with better overall SQ.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 18

Quote:
Under $200 you have the Audio Technica Pro700 MK2 and the Denon D1100. Those two have the most bass unamped. The Pro700 MK2 has slightly more overall bass quantity. It's like a refined XB500 with better overall SQ.

How are the mids and isolation on the Pro700 MK2s? Is the isolation as good as the m50s in your opinion? I've heard the mids are a bit recessed but would you say they're worse than the mids on the m50s? I've been looking for some bassy cans - thinking about these or the Phiaton MS 400s.

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 18
^ Man, that's tough to tell. I don't think it's as easy just to see the gap. The part that is most obvious to me is that the metal piece on the left of that gap is rounded on the fake, but is a right angle on the real one.

Jul 23, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #10 of 18
well the fakes break as soon as you put them on vs two weeks after you buy them, and the fakes actually have a decent sound, vs the muddied slop the beats are. I'd seriously look at the Sony XB line, the Audio Technica M50's or the Shure srh550dj if you want kickin bass for less cost, and 100X the sound quality, and build quality.
actually I've never heard what the fakes sound like, nor how the fakes are built. But Ive heard genuine beats, and they sound awful, I mean shoot me in the head awful, and they break, like easily break. If you're really serious about ....*puke* beats, get insurance on them.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #11 of 18
I had heard the sound quality of Fake Beats Pro, it sounds crap! It sounds inferior and worth like a headphone under $30.
It really spoil the reputation of the genuine Beats Pro. It causes the wrong perception about the real value of genuine Beats Pro.:mad:

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #12 of 18
Yes I know I am late but here is my insight. fakes have worse sound than real...Or better depending on your fakes same can be said for build quality. Ath-M50,sony Mdr-V6,sony xb500,or my favorite Koss pro dj-100

If you want beats sound though and this is coming from someone who has owned beats and Crossfades which are basically the same thing  I recommend Xb-500 it is bassy as heck.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #13 of 18
Lol, 3-month bump.
deadhorse.gif

REAL:

FAKE:

Mind the gap.

^That was the only proof I need to tell whether my pair was fake. Thank you very, very much. Lol, at least I didn't waste <400 bucks on them, so yay for me!

I can say that these fakes sound good as hell, though of course there's a lot of bass. But comparing it to the real one, it sounds less bassy and more punchy and lean. I actually am proud of my purchase.

Quoting Head Injury: I ROFL'd like mad. Seriously, that is something. Btw, you an MLP fan? I'm just a stupid brony....
size]

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #14 of 18
After all, im not the only one that thinks a fake beats sounds better than the original. 
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
After all, im not the only one that thinks a fake beats sounds better than the original. 
wink.gif

It totally depends on where you buy it from. Some sound worse than the genuine pair, and some can be better. Mine is placed in the latter. To be honest, the original Pros are just sloppy and hella muddy compared to the ones I have. The bass is cleaner, leaner, and punchier if you ask me. Still, the upgraditis is killing me. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back