how to set up frequency
Oct 7, 2009 at 7:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AlienScientist

New Head-Fier
hello all im wondering how i should set up my frequency's too hear footsteps better in cod4

frequency.jpg

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 12
Trial and error?
Else get a program to analyze the frequencies produced and increase the frequencies that're already reasonably loud. It'll probably make other ambient sounds louder too. Not sure exactly what they are, i haven't bothered analyzing sound..

Edit:
Yeah i know, probably not the most helpful response but it might help you in the future equalizing again
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 12
Please put those bars down to 0 dB!

If you make the sound louder via an equalizer, it is probably going to distort which will make the sounds even harder to distinguish.
If you want to hear some frequencies louder then pull the sliders down on all frequencies except the ones you want to hear more clearly. If you apply your changes like that, there's going to be less distortion.

Are the footsteps more of a thumping type or is it a rather "high" sound?

Oct 7, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #6 of 12
As Zug was saying, you should start by placing all of the sliders to 0dB. Think of this as your baseline, where the frequencies are being neither boosted nor quieted. At this point, I'd agree that trial and error is your best bet. Take turns putting each slider up, say 5dB, making sure only one is turned up at a time. Then go into the game and see if you've found the right range. It might take some time but it should work!

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlienScientist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so baseline of 0 and move one bar up test it move it back to 0 and repeat?

Yeah that's what I would try. Let us know the results.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 12
It will be somewhere in the lower regions... Between 60 and 250 Hz. Just lower everything except those frequencies and listen. Then you should be able to narrow it down more precisely.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #11 of 12
Use the negative EQ method. Reduce the frequencies that you don't need, leave the range you need on the default 0. If you mean it sounds like crap is because of clipping, then that will help a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back