How to say 'I love you' headphone style...
Oct 3, 2007 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
Oct 3, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 16
For your "neice" or for other
evil_smiley.gif
?

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, $45 is a lot for those things.

On what basis say you thus?

Try not to judge an earphone by its pink rhinestone encrusted cover!

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For your "neice" or for other
evil_smiley.gif
?

Heaven fobid! A missmelling by Miss V... never thought I would have lived to see the day. Anyway, all undeserved teasing aside, T uses the V-Moda Vibes as her daily (err... every other weekly) drivers, but has recently asked if she can "maybe borrow these for a couple of weeks"... not realizing, of course, that the "these" in quesiton would also require that she borrow my HEV90!!!

Actually, I had an easy out on that query: "No worries, babe, but you would have to borrow 'that toaster looking thing' as well." She's heard most of my headphones and has amazingly good tastes. My top 3 are the HE90, R10 and K1000 (which I still haven't told her). Her top 3 were the HE90, L3000 and R10, and that was after listening to about 25-30 sets of cans over a 3 day period!

She didn't "get" the K1000 in much the same way that she struggled with the Qualia sound. With the L3000 and R10, I'm thinking that their fit and finish might have come into play. It was as though she knew that they should have sounded good, and then when they actually did, her suspicions were confirmed. What do they call that again, placebo?
eek.gif

In any case (and this will come as a shock), I always manage to keep my big mouth shut when anyone is auditioning headphones. They will have no clue which ones I like the best, or why, or how much anything might have cost. Providing any sorts of hints along those lines takes a lot of fun out of the experience, IMO. At least in terms of the fun that I would otherwise have in watching their reactions!

For the casual observer who really doesn't have the time nor inclination to share in the hobby with me, sometimes a little coaching seems to be appreciated. While I enjoy talking about the pros and cons (as I see it) of various headphones, I'd much prefer that people decide with their own two ears. Same can be said in terms of our 'casual' members here, I suppose - decide for yourself, I say!

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #6 of 16
Nothing says "I love you", like custom UE10pros

Davey-Havoc,-AFI_Image.jpg

(bad photo example, but thats the closest they had to the I love you style)

Oct 3, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #11 of 16
Neat. I wonder how heavy those are.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #12 of 16
I think she'd love them. Specially when getting them from her headphone-uncle.

Thought about giving a pair to my girlfriend. But she managed to catch a glimpse of them over my shoulder once,(think they were at the audiocubes "front page".) and she kinda laughed at them. So.. I guess not for her...

Don't know how well they isolate but I'd might be a little worried about her not hearing traffic and that kind of stuff though.

Oct 3, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftoned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think she'd love them. Specially when getting them from her headphone-uncle.

Might make me her "BUF" (best uncle forever).

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #15 of 16
I wouldn't get the iem's because you need one less reason for kids to not hear what is going on. It is also very likely to not fit her well.

I have a 9 yo sister and headphones similar to these:
http://www.audiocubes.com/category/H...eadphones.html
That style will fit their head and be far more durable. Also, there is a high chance that she would lose tips or lose the earphones themselves because they are small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back