How to reduce cable noise?
Sep 26, 2006 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

errorrrr

New Head-Fier
I have in ear headphones (ER6s)... and the cable noise when I am walking is just drives me crazy.. are there any accessory that I can buy that give me better cable management to reduce the cable noise? or some other in ear headphones that come with this function (UE, Shure, or other ER...)

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 14
I have the er06is and to reduce cable noise i insert the bud in up side down with the cable facing up, then rap the cable around my ear. It reduces 80+% of the cable noise.

Sep 26, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by errorrrr
I have in ear headphones (ER6s)... and the cable noise when I am walking is just drives me crazy.. are there any accessory that I can buy that give me better cable management to reduce the cable noise? or some other in ear headphones that come with this function (UE, Shure, or other ER...)

None of the Shures I have used had cable noise. If you can not figure it out then maybe you could start looking at other IEM's.

Sep 27, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

alligator clips? how should I use it with the headphone? clip where?? >_>

Clip the cable to your shirt or collar.... just somewhere to stop it rubbing/bumping against your body.

Sep 27, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #9 of 14
A disease with most IEMs and Canalphones unless they are worn with the cables over the ear. The microphonic noises are the results of cable slapping against you body - so that's why using aligator clip will help a lot because it will prevent the cable from slapping. The aligator clip should be worn much similar to how you would clip mobile phone handsfee unit.

Me, I simply tuck my cable underneath the shirt - problem solved
etysmile.gif

May 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:
Will wrapping the cord in electrical tape help solve the issue? Has anyone tried that method?

Anyway, tape won't help, not a chance.  Nylon multifilament braid may.  Nylon multifilament braid over cotton braid will surely kill some of the microphonics, so long as the sleeving isn't stretched too tightly.

May 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

None of the Shures I have used had cable noise. If you can not figure it out then maybe you could start looking at other IEM's.

Weird.  My Shure SE535 Ltd have over-the-ear cables and still make lots of noise.  They make noise when I chew gum, turn my head, walk, anything.  It was really annoying at first, but now I'm used to it and don't notice it.  I mainly use them on planes, trains and buses because they're great for isolated listening when you're sitting in one place.  They don't really work for sports or normal daily wear.

May 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #13 of 14
I have the dba-02s and wearing them over the ear (as opposed to straight down) makes a huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back