How to prove Beats Studio Owners wrong !?
Apr 13, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #16 of 22
I think it's a matter of experience and preference.

Some people will prefer the sound of beats cause it just gels right with the music they listen to and how they want to hear it.

Also, haven't you been enamoured with a headphone and thought it was incredible until you heard something that sounded better then all of a sudden your opinion changed after you had that experience? Whatever is the best sounding equipment you had the chance to hear is going to be the best to you until you have a new experience with something better. It's all relative.

I also know that how something looks and how it makes the customer feel has a big affect on how they percieve it in general. They may think something along the lines of, "yeah ok those other headphones may actually sound better, but at least I don't look like a dork in public with my beats, so beats are the best headphones." Haha different people, different priorities.

Another thing is some people weigh things out in terms of other factors. They may also look at the fact that many audiophiles purchase an amp, where as most beats users just go straight out of their device. The amp is another purchase that all in with audiphile headphones might be more expensive than beats. Also, when it comes to portability some people don't want to carry around a stack of devices and mucking around with all of them while on the go. Some people just want to keep it simple. Plug in their phone or ipod and go.

Yea totally ! It's like the moment i've had an upgrade , and i became a believer in this, to start pursuing audiophile stuffs . 
True , most of them just goes straight out of their device and like their cosmetic design ~

May 10, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 22
"I personally don't find Beats to my taste, but many love them and swear by them."

Always admit that better is an opinion.

When it comes down to it, it's how a sound signature stimulates the brain that determines how someone will rate a product's worth. And for some, the badge on the band makes them truly experiencw that one product performs better than the other. Placebo is powerful stuff. Although the blind test occasionally talks some out of that trap.

All the empirical testing and logic in the world won't change some folks' minds. And that's cool; ignorance is bliss, and with audio, it's the bliss that matters.

May 12, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #19 of 22
yea ... recently i've sold quite a number of beats products to people who walk in and ask for them . 
hahaha ! so i got that going for me which is nice . 

May 13, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #20 of 22
Ok Potatoe, I think I know what the problem is. You can't show your less educated friends such transparent frequency responses. They're used to heavy, thumping bass. Hd800 and even the hd650 simply doesn't offer bass in gobs, because that would give off a less neutral response. Try showing them your bassiest, yet still clear sounding and dynamic headphone. Maybe the m50? V-moda also comes to mind. 
EDIT-ohh you're running a shop? lol don't worry about it then bro. Like the others said...a sale is a sale. All you can really do is make recommendations on what you think is the best, but hey? It's a business. and beats are popular...nothing wrong with that for some people. Go with the flow

May 13, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #21 of 22
I used to sell gear. High-End. When someone new walked into the store, "What's your system like?" was the first question I asked. This did two things: it got the costumer talking - folks are usually a little nervous walking into a salon for the first time - and it told me about his tastes and preferences, including a monetary scale. Asking, "How do you like it?" told me where he wanted to put his money. Then, it became a matter of filling the need. Trying to sell folks on one's personal favorites only leads to disappointment on both ends.

May 13, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #22 of 22
thanks for the tips guys ~ basically now if someone asks for something like beats , after their beats is broken ,
i will first ask if they would like to stay to beats ?
if they say yes , i'll intro them to the variety of beats series headphones available . 
if they say no , i'll intro them to AKG K67 , K167 & K267 , and Pioneer DJ series , then RHA series if they are inears . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back