How to M.U.L.E. with Winamp
Oct 29, 2002 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
Liked M.U.L.E.? Want to do the M.U.L.E. to the music again? Happen to have a PC with Winamp installed?

Well, then you can get the SID-plugin here: http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~adsoft/sidamp/ - and then you can download the M.U.L.E.-SID-file at www.lemon64.com. Then you can throw the DLL-file from the plugin-ZIP into the plugin-directory of Winamp, start Winamp, add the SID-file to your playlist, set Winamp to single repeat, select the SID-file - and there you go muling!
biggrin.gif

Just tried it myself on my lighning fast K6-2/333-based machine with the very recent version 2.62 of Winamp running on bleeding-edge technology Windows 98. Works! Now, I was baffled!
wink.gif

Mulings from Munich!
smily_headphones1.gif

Manfred / lini

Oct 29, 2002 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 8
LobsterSan: From a nostalgic perspective, this question can not be answered. But try above and you'll know what you have missed!
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Oct 29, 2002 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Wow, I never knew there was such a hardcore C64 following out there! I love nostalgic video game music. The first tunes that I can remember bopping my head to were the ones from the NES classic, Rad Racer.

Oct 29, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 8
Oct 30, 2002 at 10:37 AM Post #6 of 8
AAH! M.U.L.E.! What a WONDERFUL game! That game should be released today with updated gfx and sound... but change nothing else. The NES version is vastly inferior.

C64 internet sites are plentiful indeed. I believe just about anything ever released for the C64 can be downloaded and run today.

Oct 30, 2002 at 1:24 PM Post #7 of 8
<I realize that only lini may appreciate this:>

I have Chris Huelsbeck's legendary "Shades" composition that won the 64er contest in Germany in the 80s on my computer somewhere, but when I upgraded Winamp the necessary plugin didn't work anymore. I should probably go and find the current plugin. Anyway talk about a song that brings up memories....

Now how about that Katakis soundtrack...

Oct 30, 2002 at 2:23 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back