How to improve setup?
Feb 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #16 of 18
I've downloaded an am currently testing the Foobar 2000 build from http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss, which so far, I am liking.
For now, I will ignore gaming audio quality (hardly play any PC games that would use 5.1), and look more into just music quality.
Sifting through all the replies may take a while to figure out exactly what I want, but I'll probably go for a sound card, as I doubt I'd have room for a tube amp!

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #18 of 18
Sorry for recovering an old thread, but I wanted to add a little more/ask for some more opinions.
Assuming I'm using lossless audio (in this case FLAC), and am only interested in music audio (no gaming) using good headphones (I hope HD650's are classed as good), what would you recommend?
My current idea is just a DAC and AMP (no tubes). However, I can't choose between internal or external. I only need my music to be going through the system, no OS audio or anything extra, just music, so that essentially the PC is just like a CD player (using Foobar).
I do like the look of the Xonar Essence STX due to it being around my price range (available for ~£120), and I think it covers all the angles, other than being external, which I've heard might be better?
Thanks for all the replies, I hope I get to listen to awesome quantity music soon! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back