How to improve my portable rig?
Dec 30, 2017 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fjbruening

New Head-Fier
For years I've listened to an iphone with a set of Etymotic 4ER-Ps, playing itunes mp3s (or lossless) that I'd rip, and I've been pretty happy.

I recently was exposed to HD660s and a chord mojo amp and TIDAL, which floored me. There was a HUGE difference in the quality of the sound of full sized open back cans and my beloved IEMs. So I picked up the cans and amp and have been having a grand time at home listening to all the music I grew up with in the 70's, feeling like I've never heard it before with all the additional detail and punch the 660s bring.

Now that I've been listening to the amped HD686s at home I'm looking at improving my on the go setup (iphone and Ety 4ER-Ps)

Any suggestions? I can use the mojo amp, but I'm wondering if different IEMs will give me an experience closer to that of the HD660s. While I love the clarity and transparency of the Ety's, the 660s are so engaging and musical I find myself blown away. I had forgotten what real bass sounds like in my music.

I think the iphone w/TIDAL HiFi is solid, the mojo amp is solid, but I'm wondering if a different set of IEMs would be more musical or engaging?

Any recommendations appreciated

Regards,
Francis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back