How to get the most out of Spotify?
Jun 18, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #16 of 18
Just curious if any of you are having issues with your Spotify streams (both online and downloaded contents), have ticking/crackling sounds while playing the music. I am premium, highest quality stream, no anti-virus running....still having issues. Both on a Windows machine and a Linux machine. My iPhone Spotify streams fine without any crackling, pops sounds.

No problems on my Ultrabook and Androids but if Spotify is the only thing that has that problem in your computer then that's likely a software bug. Did you try everything else, like locally stored music, or YouTube? If those have the same problems you might have a hardware issue; if that's using a USB DAC, then that could be inadequate power off the USB port, or Windows USB audio drivers (mine works with generic drivers, but custom USB receiver drivers are a total PITA on my Win 10 Ultrabook).

Jun 18, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #17 of 18
No problems on my Ultrabook and Androids but if Spotify is the only thing that has that problem in your computer then that's likely a software bug. Did you try everything else, like locally stored music, or YouTube? If those have the same problems you might have a hardware issue; if that's using a USB DAC, then that could be inadequate power off the USB port, or Windows USB audio drivers (mine works with generic drivers, but custom USB receiver drivers are a total PITA on my Win 10 Ultrabook).

Nothing wrong if I play from foobar with the same DAC set up. It's really annoying when you're trying to use Spotify as part of your audio system setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back