How to get pictures in a "for sale" post?
Mar 17, 2006 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

redchiro

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm not real PC savvy. I have a Canon powershot SD-550 camera I can borrow. What is the easiest way to get pictures of equipment into a post on this forum?

1. Is there a certain resolution I should shoot at initially?

2. Do I just dump the pics into "My Pictures" in Windows XP and pull them from there?

3. I notice the little thumbnail pics on the forum and you just click on them and they increase in size. Is that an automatic feature when you add a pic to a post?

4. Any help appreciated. Thanks to all.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 5

socrates63

Headphoneus Supremus
Go to the Members Lounge forum and search for "URL image" and you will get plenty of hits that address your questions such as http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162404. If you're still having problems, feel free to send a private message my way.

For future reference, this type of post is not allowed in FS forums. FS forums are only for selling/buying gear. All other types of posts need to be posted in the respective forums.

Mar 17, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 5

coco

100+ Head-Fier
Yeh, I was in the same boat a while back, I don't know why there isn't a sticky about this. You need to find a web-based image hosting service, I have used photobucket.com but there are many. Upload the pics to their site, don't worry about size, they are usually resized automatically. Use the URL from this site to paste into the URL location for the thread, the little yellow box above with the mountain range. Good luck.

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 5

carlflow

100+ Head-Fier
orphsmile.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 5

iancraig10

Headphoneus Supremus
What is it .... a picture of snow?
tongue.gif

The people that answer these types of questions don't communicate well enough for beginners to understand. That is what the problem is. Some people don't even know what a tag is so it doesn't make sense to them.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread